Page 92 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1462

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    I just hope we've got more than a 12 issue maxiseries to look forward to.
    Same. I did not know that until most here found out. I am hoping it does very well and we getting a running series.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Same. I did not know that until most here found out. I am hoping it does very well and we getting a running series.
    I only found out late too, and I was very disappointed. It really took the wind out of my sails. All these years of waiting for a new JSA book, and I thought we finally had it. But no, just a maxiseries. This had better lead to something regular, or I'll be very upset. I'm not willing to wait another 11 years or whatever it was.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Honestly I don't see the issue with a maxiseries. Its still pretty substantial lasting a whole year and you can do a lot with 12 issues while telling a generally complete story in it.

Its not like sequels aren't a thing.

I only found out late too, and I was very disappointed. It really took the wind out of my sails. All these years of waiting for a new JSA book, and I thought we finally had it. But no, just a maxiseries. This had better lead to something regular, or I'll be very upset. I'm not willing to wait another 11 years or whatever it was.
    Yeah, it was eleven years. The previous JSA book was cancelled when New 52 started in 2011.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If there's no follow-up in a year, I'll be upset. But that's a year from now. In the meantime, I'll be enjoying the series that we're getting.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

And based on Geoff Johns' series track records, there's always the chance that "12 issues" will last longer than just 12 months . . .

To be fair, he was constantly being sabotaged while waiting Doomsday Clock.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Honestly I don't see the issue with a maxiseries. Its still pretty substantial lasting a whole year and you can do a lot with 12 issues while telling a generally complete story in it.

Its not like sequels aren't a thing.
    Yeah look how great the new Swamp Thing series was or Supergirl: woman of tomorrow.

Besides they did the same thing with the current Black Adam series.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Very interesting spoliers out there. Some fans on here were right about certain things.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, it was eleven years. The previous JSA book was cancelled when New 52 started in 2011.
    Thanks for that. Man, it was 11 years. Crazy. And that was a mercy killing too. Remember how bad the book had become? Guggenheim's run was terrible. Book overrun with characters. Add more. Put Green Lantern in the most ridiculous armour anyone in comics has ever had (move over War Machine Eidolon Armour) and then kill him in the finale anyway.

The last few runs hadn't been great, but Guggenheim's is the only one I have never reread in that time since. I avoid it like the plague it was.

Thanks for that. Man, it was 11 years. Crazy. And that was a mercy killing too. Remember how bad the book had become? Guggenheim's run was terrible. Book overrun with characters. Add more. Put Green Lantern in the most ridiculous armour anyone in comics has ever had (move over War Machine Eidolon Armour) and then kill him in the finale anyway.

The last few runs hadn't been great, but Guggenheim's is the only one I have never reread in that time since. I avoid it like the plague it was.
    I go back and forth in my mind on whether or not Guggenheim had either set out on his own to inflict as much damage onto the JSA both as a team and on its individual members (so many suddenly beset with unexpected setbacks at the same time) or if he was under a mandate or at least editorial support from Didio. I've seen fans of the Arrowverse allege that Laurel Lance/Black Canary was treated poorly because he personally disliked the character, but I'm not sure if there's anything to back that up besides fandom disgruntlement. But his run on the JSofA...sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    To be fair, he was constantly being sabotaged while waiting Doomsday Clock.
    Yeah. Wasn't Saturn Girl involved, only to be erased near the end due to the timeline changing (in Flash Forward) creating the version of the Legion which Bendis would be writing? And doesn't Flash Forward (which takes place just before Death Metal) also contradict Doomsday Clock regarding the JSA's return to continuity?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I won't be surprised if that Saturn Girl appears again in the upcoming Legion of Four Worlds stuff. And Flash Forward had a bit at the end about Wally realizing that there are contradictory aspects of the timeline that need to be resolved; I know one example used with the Teen Titans, but it's possible that the JSA got referenced there, too.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Wait Guggenheim was writing a JSA run, THAT Guggenheim? Well Jesus Christ man.

Also hilarious how Bendis swung in and took away the Legion for himself only to absolutely waste the opportunity with them he got.

Wouldn't surprise me if Saturn Girl appears one of the first things Johns does is have her kiss Lightning Lad to fully wipe away the maligned romance she had with Jon Kent and her entire character of being his insane groupie stalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Wait Guggenheim was writing a JSA run, THAT Guggenheim? Well Jesus Christ man.
    Yeah, and it was awful, like everything that he writes.