Page 30 of 98 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    That only works if they restore Earth 2 and let things there be in real time. Accept that Jade and Obsidian along with any other Infinitors are around 60, Any current heroes not tied to a time jump would be the JSA's grandkids at least and probably more like great-grandkids. Seeing either the JSA or Infinity inc in their prime would require period pieces like All-Star Squadron.

I'd hate to lose the JSA as they were published. They were the actual history of the DCU- we didn't have all those old stories updated or erased. Having these guys skip over decades and lose their supporting casts and stories is making them into different characters. And if you are doing that you might as well just kill them off.
    Restore the original Earth-Two and set the year at 1990 or so. I think it's only fair to assume that the presence of super-heroes and villains for nearly 50 years would have had considerable effect on technology and other factors so this Alternate Earth would not look like our Earth of 1990. Some tech is behind, some is advanced. Infinity, Inc. is a bit older than they were which can be explained with comic book aging.

But the chances of DC restoring an Earth-Two (I spell out two to refer to a pre-Crisis Earth-Two) are pretty much nil and none.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm pretty against making the JSA from a fictional war myself. I think people just tend to overthink it.
    This. It's comic books where anything and everything is possible and it's one of the reasons I love this medium - and the Justice Society of America - as much as I do. The World War II aspect of the JSA's history is one of the major things which separates them from every other super-team on the block.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    That only works if they restore Earth 2 and let things there be in real time. Accept that Jade and Obsidian along with any other Infinitors are around 60, Any current heroes not tied to a time jump would be the JSA's grandkids at least and probably more like great-grandkids. Seeing either the JSA or Infinity inc in their prime would require period pieces like All-Star Squadron.

I'd hate to lose the JSA as they were published. They were the actual history of the DCU- we didn't have all those old stories updated or erased. Having these guys skip over decades and lose their supporting casts and stories is making them into different characters. And if you are doing that you might as well just kill them off.
    DC history is such a mess that the JSA's connection to it's roots are tenuous at best. In my head, the JSA died in Crisis, what came after was something else.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNe[I
    [/I]wGod;6157594]DC history is such a mess that the JSA's connection to it's roots are tenuous at best. In my head, the JSA died in Crisis, what came after was something else.
    Like I said if the JSA are no longer tied to their own history then they really don't need to exist.

What is the point of Jay Garrick if he's just another speedster and not the guy who inspired Barry and fought in WW2? You might as well just make him Henry Allen from Earth 161? In Alan's case why bother with the Green Lantern at all and just make him an energy being who incarnated like Halo of the Outsiders? The only draw these characters have as the Justice Society rather than the Justice League Elseworlds is their actual history. Tae that away and they are like Batman if you remove the dead parents angle.

Astonishing Member

The old Infinite Earths are getting restored.

A version of old Earth 2 has replaced tye NU52 Earth 2.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post

Are they being restored PERMANENTLY or just maybe until +/-the end of Duck Crisis?

I hadn't seen this. Where did this happen?

Astonishing Member

Soon for the infinite Earths.

The new old Earth 2 was posted long ago. With Huntress in her Pre Crisis costume.

Soon for the infinite Earths.

The new old Earth 2 was posted long ago. With Huntress in her Pre Crisis costume.
    I remember that promo shot. The general conclusion was that we weren't sure exactly what it meant without considerable amounts of speculation.

Astonishing Member

The general conclusion it's retro Earth 2.
    Last edited by D.Z; 08-11-2022 at 05:39 PM.

The general conclusion it's retro Earth 2.
    It is one picture in an ad that's now months old. Huntress appears in her old costume that Helena Wayne wore. You're free to believe that indicates the return of the original Earth-Two, but there's no evidence except for that single costume which has had minor changes over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    If Captain America can stick around and not change from WW2 to Vietnam or Gulf War or a fake war the JSA can as well. The simplest solution is switching kinds to grandkids or great grandkids
    Cap's "frozen in 1945, awoken by the Avengers 15 years ago" backstory is why it's feasible. The JSA took the slow path, which is becoming untenable. The JSA, their spouses, and Infinity Inc need to become time displaced somehow. Like the Seven Soldiers of Victory. You could say they disappeared in the early 50s, ended up somewhere around 30 years ago. The JSA itself retired, the kids grew up and formed Infinity Inc around 10 years ago (around the same time that the New Teen Titans were operating), the JSA reformed around five years ago which is when Jesse Quick debuted.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-12-2022 at 06:45 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cap's "frozen in 1945, awoken by the Avengers 15 years ago" backstory is why it's feasible. The JSA took the slow path, which is becoming untenable. The JSA, their spouses, and Infinity Inc need to become time displaced somehow. Like the Seven Soldiers of Victory. You could say they disappeared in the early 50s, ended up somewhere around 30 years ago. The JSA itself retired, the kids grew up and formed Infinity Inc around 10 years ago (around the same time that the New Teen Titans were operating), the JSA reformed around five years ago which is when Jesse Quick debuted.
    Your forgetting the JSA disappeared whilst fighting in Ragnarok (yes, the Norse God event also happened in the DCU, it's not Marvel-exclusive). That's why they didn't age. You have that and also the whole Zero Hour experience. My point is that you can't say the JSA is any less feasible then Cap's (and I say that as someone who likes both)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    Your forgetting the JSA disappeared whilst fighting in Ragnarok (yes, the Norse God event also happened in the DCU, it's not Marvel-exclusive). That's why they didn't age. You have that and also the whole Zero Hour experience. My point is that you can't say the JSA is any less feasible then Cap's (and I say that as someone who likes both)
    Yeah, it's not really an issue. Also, other explanations have officially been advanced from time to time, things like the Starheart for Alan, other magic, and such.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    The one catch with all that is while Ragnarök explains why members of the JSA may not be as old as they should be, you still have to figure out how to account for other family members (including Infinity Inc).
    In the original stories, it was only most of the Golden Age era heroes who went into that perpetual Ragnarök cycle; the Infinity Inc. kids and Power Girl, Star Spangled Kid and Doctor Fate stayed behind on Earth. (Non-powered spouses were never even mentioned as far as I can recall.)