Page 20 of 98 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Based on the fact that both Michael and Jay and looking for Barry in the Flash book, one would think they should both symbolically be there or not be there because of their other commitments. My guess is that the angle of the observer's view would make Jay a tough person to put into the shot. Or Michael was put in through an editorial glitch. Or something else altogether.
    Could just be the writer.

After all, Williamson suddenly made Bat-Man of China part of Batman, Inc.
    But his first appearance was in New Super-Man #1 (September 2016) while the series Batman Incorporated had ended in 2013. (And I thought Bruce had ended it after that.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Could just be the writer.

After all, Williamson suddenly made Bat-Man of China part of Batman, Inc.
    But his first appearance was in New Super-Man #1 (September 2016) while the series Batman Incorporated had ended in 2013. (And I thought Bruce had ended it after that.)
    Could be. But that page goes a long way to convincing me to get Dark Crisis. Even if it isn't the final denouement of DC continuity travails, at least there some good looking JSA stuff in there.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Based on the fact that both Michael and Jay and looking for Barry in the Flash book, one would think they should both symbolically be there or not be there because of their other commitments. My guess is that the angle of the observer's view would make Jay a tough person to put into the shot. Or Michael was put in through an editorial glitch. Or something else altogether.
    Yeah, Michael shouldn't be there, he's serving as mission control for the speedsters. Jay and Jesse are missing for that reason. All the other major JSA characters are there except Stargirl. The question is why she's not there? Is she elsewhere doing something with Young Justice or the Titans? Was she already at the Hall of Justice (she is ex-JLA)? Or maybe Black Adam actually thought her worthy for his Justice League? They do know each other as Adam is ex-JSA.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Michael shouldn't be there, he's serving as mission control for the speedsters. Jay and Jesse are missing for that reason. All the other major JSA characters are there except Stargirl. The question is why she's not there? Is she elsewhere doing something with Young Justice or the Titans? Was she already at the Hall of Justice (she is ex-JLA)? Or maybe Black Adam actually thought her worthy for his Justice League? They do know each other as Adam is ex-JSA.

Bleeding Cool reported that Stargirl is getting a mini-series(guest-starring the JSA) later this year so perhaps her absence will be explained there?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

That mini is probably set BEFORE Dark Crisis, as it'd be the follow up to the Spring Break Special.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That mini is probably set BEFORE Dark Crisis, as it'd be the follow up to the Spring Break Special.
    Which I've been waiting for an eternity.

Peace

Yeah, it's been over a year, and not even a solicit.

I don't know . . . that group seems a bit small to be considered "all the major JSA characters" to me, but then again, this is what we had in Doomsday Clock #12:

I'd hardly call Amazing Man, Mr America, and the others who joined with them major characters. Though come to think of it, there are two more characters absent there. Sand, and the other Doctor Mid-Nite. Mid-Nite is redundant with Beth there, and I guess they didn't want to use Sand because of the OTHER Sandman who has his own TV show?

I'd hardly call Amazing Man, Mr America, and the others who joined with them major characters. Though come to think of it, there are two more characters absent there. Sand, and the other Doctor Mid-Nite. Mid-Nite is redundant with Beth there, and I guess they didn't want to use Sand because of the OTHER Sandman who has his own TV show?
    I was wondering where Sand was as well. I am a big fan of what they did with him in 1999.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

I'd hardly call Amazing Man, Mr America, and the others who joined with them major characters. Though come to think of it, there are two more characters absent there. Sand, and the other Doctor Mid-Nite. Mid-Nite is redundant with Beth there, . . .
    Of course, DC still has to answer the question of when / why / how Beth and Yolanda are there.

Far as I can remember, they were never previously members of the JSA. They joined Infinity Inc. back around the time of CoIE and were killed off a few years later in Eclipso.
    Then Johns had them show up in Doomsday Clock #12.

And was Jade ever technically a member of the JSA in the past? She was on Infinity Inc.; The Outsiders; and the Justice League of America (just prior to Flashpoint), but I don't remember her being an actual member of the JSA prior to that panel in Doomsday Clock #12.

Of course, DC still has to answer the question of when / why / how Beth and Yolanda are there.

Far as I can remember, they were never previously members of the JSA. They joined Infinity Inc. back around the time of CoIE and were killed off a few years later in Eclipso.

And was Jade ever technically a member of the JSA in the past? She was on Infinity Inc.; The Outsiders; and the Justice League of America (just prior to Flashpoint), but I don't remember her being an actual member of the JSA prior to that panel in Doomsday Clock #12.
    Doomsday Clock brought back characters that were members of or heavily affiliated with the JSA. Nothing in that series said those characters were exclusively members of the JSA.

As for Beth and Yolanda, they had died and now they are no longer dead. This happens a lot in superhero comics. Ma and Pa Kent show up in the issue as well and they have revolving door access to the afterlife. Perhaps they could bring messages back and forth. Beth and Yolanda probably came back because of their roles in Stargirl, though.

I think the point is, so far, we haven"t seen the story of the "Return" of the JSA. Just glimpses of them. We don't know how they fit in the general scheme of things (a common complain I have with DC theses days, ever since they started with their "everything goes" rules). Were Damage, Beth and Yolanda ever dead? Was the JSA gone, for there to be a return? Did Pieter Cross "Dr. Mid-Nite" exist at any point? What happened to him? Yolanda seems to be Ted's heir, so where's Tommy? What about Judo Master? Is Thunderbolt still "fused" with Johnny's spirit? So many questions that they have to answer.

Peace

. . . As for Beth and Yolanda, they had died and now they are no longer dead. This happens a lot in superhero comics. Ma and Pa Kent show up in the issue as well and they have revolving door access to the afterlife. Perhaps they could bring messages back and forth. Beth and Yolanda probably came back because of their roles in Stargirl, though.
    I'm assuming there's the Stargirl-TV show reason, but that doesn't explain how they suddenly are alive again in the comic books, or why Beth now dresses like Charles McNider did, or what ever happened to Pieter Cross and if he still is (or ever was?) Dr. Mid-Nite as well.

Maybe something will be said about this during Dark Crisis (or not), but I find it annoying when DC rewrites their continuity (for the umpteenth time) and doesn't bother to explain what happened within the comic book universe relating to it. It's now been about two-and-a-half years since DC first sprung this idea on us with that panel in Doomsday Clock. (And if this was ever explained in a comic book story already, I'm damned if I know where or when it was.)

I'm assuming there's the Stargirl-TV show reason, but that doesn't explain how they suddenly are alive again in the comic books, or why Beth now dresses like Charles McNider did, or what ever happened to Pieter Cross and if he still is (or ever was?) Dr. Mid-Nite as well.

Maybe something will be said about this during Dark Crisis (or not), but I find it annoying when DC rewrites their continuity (for the umpteenth time) and doesn't bother to explain what happened within the comic book universe relating to it. It's now been about two-and-a-half years since DC first sprung this idea on us with that panel in Doomsday Clock. (And if this was ever explained in a comic book story already, I'm damned if I know where or when it was.)
    Dr. Manhattan fixed it. He's the naked blue guy from Watchmen. Seriously, just read the damn story. Near all-powerful being rearranges history and brings some folks back to life.

As for Pieter Cross, he wasn't mentioned. Neither was Ted Grant's son Tom Bronson who was also Wildcat. There are dozens of JSA characters whose current statuses haven't been revealed as to what's happening with their existence and DC's ubiquitous shifting of continuity. Do you want to know what happened to King Chimera (personally, I kinda like this guy) or any of the other characters as well, or just your particular favorite characters?