Page 97 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4787939495969798 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1462

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Even better would be to shift those concepts back to a separate Earth, but . . .
    Apparently, some version of the New 52 Earth 2 is still out there; the Val-Zod “Earth 2 Superman” will be appearing in an upcoming title (not related to The New Golden Age).
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    This scene doesn't feature the GA JSA, even though it looks so much like it. The Hourman you see there? That's not Rex Tyler; that's Rick Tyler. Doctor Mid-Nite is Pieter Cross; that's Sand standing next to Courtney, not Wesley Dodd; and Doctor Fate is Khalid.

Courtney replaces Ted because the scene happens “18 years from now” on Earth 0, when Courtney has grown up. This isn't the JSA of the 1940s or of the 1970s; it isn't even the JSA of “X years ago” (the brief revival of the team that was published in the early 90s before Zero Hour devastated them) or the more recent one that Jack Knight helped found (published 1999–2011). All of those JSAs happened, and all of them happened before the “18 years from now” scene in question.

You don't see Ted Knight in this scene because he sacrificed himself at the end of the Grand Guignol to stop his nemesis, the original Mist, as detailed in the pages of Jack Knight's Starman series. All of that happened, and all of it happened before the funeral of Batman scene, which is still 18 years in the future.

Oh right. Thanks for clearing that up for me. This new timeline still confuses me, and I was mistaken about who I was seeing in the crowd.

It was intended to invoke the pre-Crisis Earth 2 Batman's funeral, yes. But it's still set in (a future of) Earth 0, which is why some of the elements are different (such as a grown up Courtney Whitmore replacing Starman).

As I see it, this story is basically replacing America vs. the Justice Society: it takes place after Batman's death, features Per Degaton as the villain, and is essentially going to end up reviewing the overall history of the JSA. It's just doing so with a different framing device instead of Batman's diary accusing the JSA of treason.
    The details regarding Batman's death were very much based on the Adventure Comics JSA run. The fact that it is "supposed to be" the current main Earth Batman makes this seem to be more of something heading for a reset/rewrite button. Batman is all over DC and some telling of his future death may have effects affecting the Bat franchise. Certainly all this Huntress stuff is an addition to the Batman Beyond series. Is BatBey bigger than JSA? Will Catwoman be going through a pregnancy?

DC has had some future stories which have powerful impact on their present runs. The Adult Legion and Dark Knight Returns foremost among them. Of course, I don't think many of the Armageddon 2001 ideas came to pass or were even hinted at after the summer event. Time will tell (pun intended) where JSA falls on this importance scale.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The details regarding Batman's death were very much based on the Adventure Comics JSA run. The fact that it is "supposed to be" the current main Earth Batman makes this seem to be more of something heading for a reset/rewrite button. Batman is all over DC and some telling of his future death may have effects affecting the Bat franchise. Certainly all this Huntress stuff is an addition to the Batman Beyond series. Is BatBey bigger than JSA? Will Catwoman be going through a pregnancy?

DC has had some future stories which have powerful impact on their present runs. The Adult Legion and Dark Knight Returns foremost among them. Of course, I don't think many of the Armageddon 2001 ideas came to pass or were even hinted at after the summer event. Time will tell (pun intended) where JSA falls on this importance scale.
    I think the main impact of Helena's timeline will be Helena herself. It will continue to exist as her history; but as far as Earth 0's overall timeline is concerned, that's it: by the time she's done with Per Degaton, key elements of it will no longer be in the mainstream timeline. Later trips to that timeline will need to invoke Hypertime to get there.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Personally, I think there might be a bit of a missed opportunity here. As it stands, Selina did get pregnant once, and even brought the child to term and named her “Helena”. I'm referring to the “One Year Later” story arc for Catwoman right after Infinite Crisis. A few key differences are that Bruce wasn't Helena's biological father (although he was certainly as protective of her as he would have been if she was his daughter); and ultimately, Selina ended up giving Helena up for adoption. But I could see a future where Bruce and Selina get married and the child comes back into their lives (maybe something happens to her adopted parents; and Bruce, who has been monitoring her ever since Selina asked him to help get her adopted, finds out and ends up adopting her himself). She wouldn't be the biological daughter of Batman; but I've always been of the opinion that blood ties are overrated.

That's not what they actually did, though. JSA #1 shows Helena as an infant “one year from now” as her mom makes plans to murder the Arkhams for her protection.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 12-01-2022 at 01:19 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Attachment 126545

Dr. Midnite Refinalise Costume.
    I don't want to see another complaint about her original, black & yellow costume again, because this is just awful.

Astonishing Member

Looks fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Looks fine to me.
    Yeah, looks good to me too. Better than the original. Everytime I saw that costume it made me think of a tacky halloween banana costume. It's a huge improvement.

Personally, I think there might be a bit of a missed opportunity here. As it stands, Selina did get pregnant once, and even brought the child to term and named her “Helena”. I'm referring to the “One Year Later” story arc for Catwoman right after Infinite Crisis. A few key differences are that Bruce wasn't Helena's biological father (although he was certainly as practice of her as he would have been if she was his daughter); and ultimately, Selina ended up giving Helena up for adoption. But I could see a future where Bruce and Selina get married and the child comes back into their lives (maybe something happens to her adopted parents; and Bruce, who has been monitoring her ever since Settings asked him to help get her adopted, finds out and ends up adopting her himself). She wouldn't be the biological daughter of Batman; but I've always been of the opinion that blood ties are overrated.

That's not what they actually did, though. JSA #1 shows Helena as an infant “one year from now” as her mom makes plans to murder the Arkhams for her protection.
    Say isn’t Ram V doing something with the Arkhams right now in Detective Comics? Something about an old world family offshoot of the Arkhams named the Orghams who own the property to the entire city and then something about demons and a werewolf
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post

Dr. Midnite Refinalise Costume.
    I don't want to see another complaint about her original, black & yellow costume again, because this is just awful.
    I wouldn't go with awful. I would say it looks dull and boring.

Maybe they should have gone with this outfit but with the black-and-yellow color scheme from her original outfit?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Say isn’t Ram V doing something with the Arkhams right now in Detective Comics? Something about an old world family offshoot of the Arkhams named the Orghams who own the property to the entire city and then something about demons and a werewolf
    Sounds . . . miss-able.

I prefer Pieters' suit, but I'm biased .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Sounds . . . miss-able.
    I was just wondering if it meant that the Arkhams plot that Geoff Johns is referring to has to do with what Ram V is up to and this whole weird supernatural thing.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Huh this is a cool comment describing Helena's JSA

"I think the theme of the future JSA members was on brand with Helena's point of view of giving second chance to criminals (either past criminals or legacy criminals) similar how her dad gave a second chance to her mother."

That is a fun thought, giving evil legacies a second chance and what not

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I prefer Pieters' suit, but I'm biased .

Agreed, and I hope he's around to use it.