Page 36 of 98 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Exactly, he already has a really close relationship with both Canaries. Having him be with the first Canary seems like a pretty obvious thing to me for those two reasons, him already having that close relationship with her, and already behaving like a grandpa to the younger one
    But the whole point is that they're connected through the JSA legacy and and that they're so close despite not being blood related.

Recently posted by Alex Ross on twitter:

https://twitter.com/thealexrossart/s...69036371296260

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

That's a very nicely placed and posed Black Canary,
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Reaction #1) Hey, Alex drew Firestorm again!
    Reaction #2) I enjoy figuring out when these portraits could have taken place, continuity-wise, particularly for a stickler like Ross. In this case, it looks like this could have been somewhere between June of 1980 (when Firestorm joined the JLA) and mid-1983 (when the "Black Canary is her own daughter" story happened). The absences of the Earth-Two Batman and Mr. Terrific (owing to their deaths in 1979) makes it fit.
    Reaction #3) Making J'onn stand next to Firestorm seems kind of rude.

This is really awesome and I love that Ross included Firestorm and Elongated Man. He doesn't normally do that. My only minor gripe is that it would be cool to see Zatanna in her correct costume for when this would have taken place. Either her 2nd one or the one Perez gave her would have fit. Regardless this needs to be colored and released as a poster asap.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    They gonna split her down the middle?

Pardon my ignorance, who is that in the lower right? Jimmy? Marvin?

That's Snapper Carr. He was the JLoA "mascot" back in the early days.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, who is that in the lower right? Jimmy? Marvin?
    Snapper Carr, daddio. Teen mascot, Rick-Jones wannabe, and one of a couple of people to dress up as the Star-Tsar. He's the ginchiest.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Love this! Great riff on Perez's pin up during his run on JLA.

My only thing is that Red Tornado should be standing behind Black Canary, as he too was originally a transfer from E2.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    Reaction #2) I enjoy figuring out when these portraits could have taken place, continuity-wise, particularly for a stickler like Ross. In this case, it looks like this could have been somewhere between June of 1980 (when Firestorm joined the JLA) and mid-1983 (when the "Black Canary is her own daughter" story happened). The absences of the Earth-Two Batman and Mr. Terrific (owing to their deaths in 1979) makes it fit.
    I'm not sure this is in any continuity.

Now, it's been a long, long time since I've read the issues after JLofA #200, but I don't believe there was a time when Batman and J'onn were members of the Satellite League this far in. If I remember correctly, J'onn didn't show back up until almost the end of the Satellite League (when the satellite was destroyed). Batman had long left the JLofA to form the Outsiders. And, as someone pointed out, Zatanna is wearing the wrong costume (she should be in Perez's costume at this point). I can't really focus in on Atom, but his costume changed in the later years as well.

However, It's not going to keep me from drooling over this. I love the drawing and wish/hope that Ross would do a bronze age mini-series with these characters soon and very soon.

My ONLY complaint is that I wish Ross had included the Thunderbolt in the pic. Otherwise, I'm in love.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Otherwise, I'm in love.
    Your taste is admirable.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I'm not sure this is in any continuity.

Now, it's been a long, long time since I've read the issues after JLofA #200, but I don't believe there was a time when Batman and J'onn were members of the Satellite League this far in. If I remember correctly, J'onn didn't show back up until almost the end of the Satellite League (when the satellite was destroyed). Batman had long left the JLofA to form the Outsiders. And, as someone pointed out, Zatanna is wearing the wrong costume (she should be in Perez's costume at this point). I can't really focus in on Atom, but his costume changed in the later years as well.

However, It's not going to keep me from drooling over this. I love the drawing and wish/hope that Ross would do a bronze age mini-series with these characters soon and very soon.

My ONLY complaint is that I wish Ross had included the Thunderbolt in the pic. Otherwise, I'm in love.
    Costumes aside, I think you could drop this in as a post-JLA 200 meeting between the two teams, when Batman was still around, J'Onn was briefly on Earth, Snapper had shown up, Dinah still thought she was her mom, Ollie had rejoined, etc.

It's close enough for jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    Costumes aside, I think you could drop this in as a post-JLA 200 meeting between the two teams, when Batman was still around, J'Onn was briefly on Earth, Snapper had shown up, Dinah still thought she was her mom, Ollie had rejoined, etc.

It's close enough for jazz.
    I was going to post the same thing. The only problem with that is that both Zatanna and Wonder Woman are wearing the wrong costumes. Maybe they were both feeling nostalgic? I still want it as a poster.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Love this! Great riff on Perez's pin up during his run on JLA.
    You mean this one?