Page 14 of 98 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

82 years of Dr Fate content and the writers of Black Adam couldn't be bothered ... but rather create a Dr Fate helmet with no eyes

Okay so this was all mentioned in the Stargirl special last year but it’s also a Flashpoint Beyond leak so I’m spoiler boxing it.

spoilers:
    Thomas Wayne sees on a Wall “the childminder has the lost children” and it mentioned Jay Garrick Flash as one of the Flashes and then Thomas reads and thinks to himself “I don’t know who Judy Garrick is”.

So clearly Geoff John’s is trying to set up a lost child of Jay Garrick at this point.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/how-...isis-spoilers/
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-05-2022 at 06:42 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Yeah I agree! Nothing can compare to seeing your favorite character on the big screen, brought to life, especially if it’s done well! I can’t wait for Blue Beetle next year and hopefully Static soon after!

As for the JSA, Dr Fate is the one I’m looking forward to! Can’t wait to see his powers! Atom Smasher also looks cool
    Yeah I’m genuinely surprised how well Atom Smasher looks. Can’t wait to see him in action.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Okay so this was all mentioned in the Stargirl special last year but it’s also a Flashpoint Beyond leak so I’m spoiler boxing it.

spoilers:
    Thomas Wayne sees on a Wall “the childminder has the lost children” and it mentioned Jay Garrick Flash as one of the Flashes and then Thomas reads and thinks to himself “I don’t know who Judy Garrick is”.

So clearly Geoff John’s is trying to set up a lost child of Jay Garrick at this point.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/how-...isis-spoilers/
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I understand what Geoff is trying to do, but do Judy Garrick when we already have Jesse Quick as a young female speedster for the JSA
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    spoilers:
    I understand what Geoff is trying to do, but do Judy Garrick when we already have Jesse Quick as a young female speedster for the JSA
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Because sometimes Geoff Johns is a clueless idiot?
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

spoilers:
    I can see Johns creating her for royalties, so I guess we'll see if Judy ends up on Stargirl as a civilian if not the token speedster.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    Okay? I'm not going to stop talking about being excited to see my favorite hero in a movie, especially when he's not in much. That doesn't sound like fun.
    Ya...I am not going to stop talking about a movie I am looking forward too that has a big JSA influence and characters. I guess we have restrictions here. Sorry.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Exactly. This is an appreciation thread about the Justice Society in all of their versions and media they appear, not only of the Golden Age version. I share your excitement and I'm actually happy with the appearance of Cyclone in the movie, so I understand you.
    I am very excited for Black Adam and I am hoping the movie does well and DC wakes up and gives us more JSA in the comics.

Is that ok to say here?

"Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Ya...I am not going to stop talking about a movie I am looking forward too that has a big JSA influence and characters. I guess we have restrictions here. Sorry.
    Silly me . . . I thought this was the section to discuss comic books.

I thought we had a separate section of the Forum to focus on Media, like the "TV/Film" section.

But I guess that's only one grumpy old guy's view about how things are suppose to work . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

I thought we had a separate section of the Forum to focus on Media, like the "TV/Film" section.

But I guess that's only one grumpy old guy's view about how things are suppose to work . . .
    You do you man...enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Damn, buzzkill. Don't remember seeing that in the rules.

Looking forward to seeing the JSA in Black Adam especially Atom Smasher

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Damn, buzzkill. Don't remember seeing that in the rules.

Looking forward to seeing the JSA in Black Adam especially Atom Smasher
    The description of the Batman, Spider-Man, and Superman sections all state that movies are a part of acceptable subject matter. Seems like it's OK to me.

And yeah, the JSA members in the Black Adam movie will get my butt into a seat.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The description of the Batman, Spider-Man, and Superman sections all state that movies are a part of acceptable subject matter. Seems like it's OK to me.

And yeah, the JSA members in the Black Adam movie will get my butt into a seat.
    I love the comics & movies. I just love it all. Just very excited to be seeing JSA members in a movie. Kind of like Stargirl tv. Super cool seeing them all together in that show.

I have always been a BIG BIG BIG JSA fan ever since my grandfather taught me about them.

Was never a JSA fan but the Stargirl show opened my eyes to how cool the team actually is and Black Adam will likely solidify that! I’m curious what lineup we’ll get in the comics, I quite like the Stargirl lineup (Courtney, Yolanda, Rick, Beth, Jakeem, Jennifer, Todd) just throw in Al, Maxine and Khalid and I’ll be satisfied!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Was never a JSA fan but the Stargirl show opened my eyes to how cool the team actually is and Black Adam will likely solidify that! I’m curious what lineup we’ll get in the comics, I quite like the Stargirl lineup (Courtney, Yolanda, Rick, Beth, Jakeem, Jennifer, Todd) just throw in Al, Maxine and Khalid and I’ll be satisfied!
    I love the JSA. Everything about them. Really enjoyed the run that started back in 1999. DC could do something like that today in the comics with the right team. I am hoping the Black Adam movie that is coming out (and comic) will give DC that big push for a new comic.