Page 59 of 98 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Also, didn't the end of Flashpoint supposedly fold Vertigo back into the mainstream Earth?
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Also, didn't the end of Flashpoint supposedly fold Vertigo back into the mainstream Earth?
    Yes, most definitely considering certain magic base characters exist in the DC universe. Especially Swamp Thing's daughter.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    New look is better but sneakers?!?!?

A writer thought that would be cool... heh!
    Incorporating casual clothing into costumes is pretty popular across most Gen Z redesigns. Hell, sneakers are generally considered appropriate to wear with a suit in a lot of offices across the country right now. The world is ever changing, bud.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I still think it looks kind of silly, but I think the best Dr. Fate look was the Rebirth design.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still think it looks kind of silly, but I think the best Dr. Fate look was the Rebirth design.
    Mine's still the Earth 2 costume: it fits the whole cosmic sorcerer thing perfectly. The amount of detail on it is probably why it's never going to be a regular thing because it'd be a pain for artists to draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Incorporating casual clothing into costumes is pretty popular across most Gen Z redesigns. Hell, sneakers are generally considered appropriate to wear with a suit in a lot of offices across the country right now. The world is ever changing, bud.
    lol, David Tennant is a trendsetter then (suit + trainers was his costume in Doctor Who).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Justice Society theme!

Ok, there needs to be a JSA movie announced. I need to see Jay, Alan, Carter, Ted, and the whole crew changing into battle to this awesome heroic theme!
    Last edited by Robotman; 10-07-2022 at 09:22 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    UGH! Khalid will be the Dr Fate in limited JSA series... looks like my run of not buying DC Comics continues!

The abhorrence of Kent Nelson as Dr Fate also continues!
    I disagree with everything you said, but that is a great picture and should be your forum avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    lol, David Tennant is a trendsetter then (suit + trainers was his costume in Doctor Who).
    Never liked him but I cannot deny his popularity.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    Mine's still the Earth 2 costume: it fits the whole cosmic sorcerer thing perfectly. The amount of detail on it is probably why it's never going to be a regular thing because it'd be a pain for artists to draw.

Ah ,my reminder that Earth-2 existed. God I miss that series. Shame this Fate got shelved, hard.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Ah ,my reminder that Earth-2 existed. God I miss that series. Shame this Fate got shelved, hard.
    Indeed... so much potential squandered! James Robinson and Nicola Scott done an amazing job with this interpretation of Fate.

... and from my Dr Fate museum dornwolf... Khalid Ben-Hassin lives!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Justice Society theme!

Ok, there needs to be a JSA movie announced. I need to see Jay, Alan, Carter, Ted, and the whole crew changing into battle to this awesome heroic theme!
    Music to fall to sleep from! Awesome, I was having some insomnia, but this should fix it right up!

Sigh, it's someone's idea of a vaguely Egyptian theme with little to no drama, no pop, no real hook, perfectly bland enough to not overshadow the real star, Dwayne Johnson. I do see what he was going for, something a lot like similar but much better themes from The Mummy and The 13th Warrior, (and admittedly we need to hear it in context to the action playing out on the screen). He just at least for now doesn't seem to have pulled it off with the aplomb displayed in those movies.
    Last edited by achilles; 10-08-2022 at 06:32 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    It was, but I’m guessing no one wants to step on Gaiman’s toes over such a comparatively small issue

Well, the mystery thickens! In a press release today about the future of the Superman family (and Power Girl’s part in it), Johns’ new ONGOING JSA was mentioned.

As much as I agree sneakers are becoming more and more popular as part of a costume, I'm not sure Dr. Fate (even a younger, more modern host) would wear sneakers as part of his garb. Except for that I am all in favor of the new Khalid Nassour costume. Khalid Ben-Hassin's look is very detailed, but honestly that seems to be what I'd imagine a Dr. Fate costume to actually appear as.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Astonishing Member

Powergirl is probably sticking with those new Kryptonite powers.