Page 9 of 98 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Has anyone here read Earth-Prime #4: Stargirl?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Has anyone here read Earth-Prime #4: Stargirl?

Wait, does the Earth-Prime Human Bomb have a sidekick named "Cherry Bomb?" 'Cause that's wonderfully insane.

ETA: Damn, that Ordway art still sings.

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    Wait, does the Earth-Prime Human Bomb have a sidekick named "Cherry Bomb?" 'Cause that's wonderfully insane.

That would be awesome, we should ask Robinson in twitter and see if it's her official name.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

1977 DC Calendar.

1977JSA.jpg

Since this is Memorial Day weekend here in the U.S.,

All-Star Comics #27 (Winter 1945)

and

Justice Society of America #50 (June 2011)
    variant cover

That character doesn't exist in the main universe comics as far as I can tell. Understandably so - there were no black superheroes in the 1940s comic books, I'd say they've been added there to diversify the lineup.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That character doesn't exist in the main universe comics as far as I can tell. Understandably so - there were no black superheroes in the 1940s comic books, I'd say they've been added there to diversify the lineup.
    I'm not sure if the character was suppose to be black-skinned; it might just be that the coloration looks filtered because of the face-shield, or it could be just a darker skinned character who isn't necessarily black.

The Human Bomb always looked so cool in his all white outfit. Always had a soft spot for the Freedom Fighters. DC should incorporate the Quality Comics characters more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    The Human Bomb always looked so cool in his all white outfit. Always had a soft spot for the Freedom Fighters. DC should incorporate the Quality Comics characters more often.
    Well, since this is a Justice Society of America Appreciation thread, might as well include when the team The Freedom Fighters were first created (for the 1973 annual meeting of the Justice League of America and the Justice Society of America):

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    That would be awesome, we should ask Robinson in twitter and see if it's her official name.
    She uses a Cherry as an icon, she is sidekick of the Human Bomb... Obviously her name is Firecracker! LOL
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder if they are planning to introduce her in the show. Could be interesting.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Congratulations, you just sold me the issue. I just wrote off any Earth Prime stuff because I don't care for the Arrowverse (even though I like Stargirl and Superman and Lois), but dammit if Cherry Bomb didn't make me laugh and I don't love Ordway on some JSA.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Congratulations, you just sold me the issue. I just wrote off any Earth Prime stuff because I don't care for the Arrowverse (even though I like Stargirl and Superman and Lois), but dammit if Cherry Bomb didn't make me laugh and I don't love Ordway on some JSA.
    I don't watch any of the CW TV shows and I wasn't planning on buying ANY DC books for May.
    But after seeing some of the art for this issue, I decided to buy it and I'm glad I did. Story wasn't necessarily "SPECTACULAR!", but it was truly a satisfying read.

Memorial Day weekend. Perfect time to be talking about the JSA.

You think we will get a more updated version sometime soon in the comics?

Ya ya ya Infinite Frontier was cool and everything but I want more.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Memorial Day weekend. Perfect time to be talking about the JSA.

You think we will get a more updated version sometime soon in the comics?

Ya ya ya Infinite Frontier was cool and everything but I want more.
    May I ask what do you mean by "more updated version"? Do you mean a version set in the present day, or a version that changes its history and lineup to bring it in line with current social mores?