Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

I actually like the costumes. I'm plesantly surprised Cyclone's costume still has the same vibe as her conic one. The only thing I don't like so far is the red/ruby parts in Hawkman's wings.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    It's a Shame this series hasn't been collected.

Attachment 118259
    Yes, I agree. A real shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Not so sure to consider it "too SJW" unless you refer to the introduction of Jesse Quick and all the plot of Johnny Thunder succesor, but those werent plots that could be considered SJW at all.
    I also can't see it as SJW stuff. They were trying to bring the JSA into the 90's, so some young blood was needed. I didn't mind it being Jessie or the girl successor of Johnny Thunder (in fact, I was always much more intrested in seeing what was her story than Jakeem Thunder's).

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I actually like the costumes. I'm plesantly surprised Cyclone's costume still has the same vibe as her conic one. The only thing I don't like so far is the red/ruby parts in Hawkman's wings.
    I get what they're going for with Cyclone's costume but it just doesn't quite have the same impact as her comic look for me. But that probably would have looked out of place here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get what they're going for with Cyclone's costume but it just doesn't quite have the same impact as her comic look for me. But that probably would have looked out of place here.
    I'm a fan of Cyclone and her comic costume, but let's be honest, trying to adapt it to live action and having in mind the movement with the wind would have been truly hell. The costume they have showed us is pretty great and I feel that it would be in character for her (those sleeves seem like something that would be from a musical like Wicked, which is something that would represent her).

I'm a fan of Cyclone and her comic costume, but let's be honest, trying to adapt it to live action and having in mind the movement with the wind would have been truly hell. The costume they have showed us is pretty great and I feel that it would be in character for her (those sleeves seem like something that would be from a musical like Wicked, which is something that would represent her).
    I think it could work with some mods. The movie costume just feels too high-spec and professional which, again, I understand given the context but just feels kind of wrong in some sense.

I think it could work with some mods. The movie costume just feels too high-spec and professional which, again, I understand given the context but just feels kind of wrong in some sense.
    I get the feeling that she’s supposed to be a more experienced JSA member in the movie, so for me the more professional looking costume works.

I get the feeling that she’s supposed to be a more experienced JSA member in the movie, so for me the more professional looking costume works.
    In relation to Atom-Smasher? I think I read about that before.

It's just kind jarring going from the comics to what we see on-screen for me. I kind of wonder how she would've looked on Stargirl.

It's just kind jarring going from the comics to what we see on-screen for me. I kind of wonder how she would've looked on Stargirl.
    In relation to the comic version who if I remember correctly, put together her own costume. This version seems to have a more “legit” JSAer vibe. She doesn’t look like the rookie anymore.

I think that in an interview the director confirmed that both Atom-Smasher and Cyclone would be the rookies in the movie.

Extraordinary Member

Probably would have had the comic book costume I'm thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Probably would have had the comic book costume I'm thinking.
    I'm thinking along the same lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    It’s been awhile since I’ve read that run, remind me what would be considered “SJW”.
    Not so sure to consider it "too SJW" unless you refer to the introduction of Jesse Quick and all the plot of Johnny Thunder succesor, but those werent plots that could be considered SJW at all.
    Of the top off my head, there was an issue where the JSA fight a mob of white supremacists outside of a hospital where a civil rights activist from Africa being treated. The finale involved the JSA being attacked by a crowd that was brainwashed by a demonic tv producer into believing that they were tied to Communists and Fascists. There was also Jay and Alan having a conversation over economics and how desperation leads to crime.

I've seen some of the online discourse over 'the American Way' being changed to 'A Better World' and I even saw a site bemoaning George Perez being called 'feminist' as 'too political'. I can definitely see those same people complaining about the JSA 'being too political' if that series came out today even though the JSA was created for the same reason Captain America was.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Of the top off my head, there was an issue where the JSA fight a mob of white supremacists outside of a hospital where a civil rights activist from Africa being treated. The finale involved the JSA being attacked by a crowd that was brainwashed by a demonic tv producer into believing that they were tied to Communists and Fascists. There was also Jay and Alan having a conversation over economics and how desperation leads to crime.

I've seen some of the online discourse over 'the American Way' being changed to 'A Better World' and I even saw a site bemoaning George Perez being called 'feminist' as 'too political'. I can definitely see those same people complaining about the JSA 'being too political' if that series came out today even though the JSA was created for the same reason Captain America was.
    Those same people would have hated Siegel and Schuster’s take on Superman. That’s the irony of the whole SJW complaint—superheroes were created to be SJW’s.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Those same people would have hated Siegel and Schuster’s take on Superman. That’s the irony of the whole SJW complaint—superheroes were created to be SJW’s.
    Yeah, I agree.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Seems a little extra (especially compared to the costumes on Stargirl) but okay.

Does the Helmet of Fate not have eyeholes?
    I thought it had eye slits, but it turns out it was just the angle. You can see the eyeholes better in the shot where Kent is holding the helmet.

I really dig Atom-Smasher's and Doctor Fate's respective costumes. I wasn't sure how the former costume was going to turn out, but it looks fantastic.

I don't think I like Cyclone's costume. I actually like her weird Christmas-colored costume in the JSA comics so this one feels too far a departure from it. It was endearing.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 02-12-2022 at 07:20 AM.