Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Those same people would have hated Siegel and Schuster’s take on Superman. That’s the irony of the whole SJW complaint—superheroes were created to be SJW’s.
    Yeah!superman ain't never gonna be that guy on screen..the character has changed..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    I thought it had eye slits, but it turns out it was just the angle. You can see the eyeholes better in the shot where Kent is holding the helmet.

I really dig Atom-Smasher's and Doctor Fate's respective costumes. I wasn't sure how the former costume was going to turn out, but it looks fantastic.

I don't think I like Cyclone's costume. I actually like her weird Christmas-colored costume in the JSA comics so this one feels too far a departure from it. It was endearing.
    It's weird how they seem to magically vanish when he puts the helmet on. I wonder if it's an FX issue or something.

If DC can't get their #@$ together with the JSA, maybe it's time to let the IP go or license it out to Dark Horse for a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    If DC can't get their #@$ together with the JSA, maybe it's time to let the IP go or license it out to Dark Horse for a bit!
    Agreed. If you don't care then sell the license off to a company that will use it instead of holding these characters hostage.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Probably would have had the comic book costume I'm thinking.
    Yeah, Stargirl embraces the campiness of the comics when it comes to costume design. Courtney's own costume is comic accurate. Hourman's is too. They did modernise Yolanda's though (the original Wildcat's costume is accurate, but her's is purple, and of course she has a different hair colour), and Flash has the excuse that they used his costume from The Flash, which didn't use comic accurate costumes when Jay's suit first appeared (both Barry and Thawne only got fully accurate costumes this season). Jade hasn't appeared in costume yet, Jakeem doesn't have one even in the comics, and that just leaves Doctor Mid-Nite - Beth wears the costume of Charles McNider instead of her own comic counterpart, but it is comic accurate for him.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's weird how they seem to magically vanish when he puts the helmet on. I wonder if it's an FX issue or something.
    The eye holes vanishing in the helmet is probably a pretty good way of establishing that Nabu is running the show, not Kent

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The eye holes vanishing in the helmet is probably a pretty good way of establishing that Nabu is running the show, not Kent
    That is a very interesting theory. I remember that when they were announcing the castings of the JSA for Black Adam, that Dr Fate and Nabu relationship was described as a Jekyll/Mr Hyde dynamic, so it could be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    That is a very interesting theory. I remember that when they were announcing the castings of the JSA for Black Adam, that Dr Fate and Nabu relationship was described as a Jekyll/Mr Hyde dynamic, so it could be the case.
    So does Nabu not need eyes then?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So does Nabu not need eyes then?
    Nabu is an eldritch being sealed inside a golden helmet. If he needs eyes to see where he’s going he is in the wrong genre

Nabu is an eldritch being sealed inside a golden helmet. If he needs eyes to see where he’s going he is in the wrong genre
    It's just a really weird visual .

Like, I think the glowing orange eyes we sometimes see with Fate work as Nabu's "eyes."

That picture is a classic! Champaign comedy at its best!

I found his eyes

Last edited by Doctor Kent Nelson; 02-14-2022 at 05:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    I found his eyes

That's among my top ten sentences I never want to hear at an accident scene!

That said, assuming he can in fact see, his costume is fine IMO; I'm more concerned with how he's played by Brosnan to make Fate as interesting as Dr. Cumberbatch over at the MCU. And how he's presented. The assumption I'm going on here is that since he's in a movie starring the Rock's muscles, he's going to spend Dwayne's movie staring up in awe at Black Adam who will be his superior in every way. If it was the MCU at its peak, I wouldn't worry about that, Marvel knew how to handle supporting characters without making them terrible. But WB...I worry about a bit in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    That's among my top ten sentences I never want to hear at an accident scene!

That said, assuming he can in fact see, his costume is fine IMO; I'm more concerned with how he's played by Brosnan to make Fate as interesting as Dr. Cumberbatch over at the MCU. And how he's presented. The assumption I'm going on here is that since he's in a movie starring the Rock's muscles, he's going to spend Dwayne's movie staring up in awe at Black Adam who will be his superior in every way. If it was the MCU at its peak, I wouldn't worry about that, Marvel knew how to handle supporting characters without making them terrible. But WB...I worry about a bit in that respect.
    Dr. Fate isn't Dr. Strange even if they share some elements. Brosnan should just be able to play Kent Nelson well.