Page 32 of 98 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Johns was yesterday at a convention in my country. He said a new JSA book is coming (and he presented Judy Garrick, the daughter of Jay) as well as a Stargirl story called "Lost Children".
    That was the stuff we were suppose to be getting after the May 2021 Stargirl Spring Break Special, wasn't it?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hmm...not sure how I feel about Jay having a daughter, but as long as we do get a JSA book, I can live with it .
    Yeah, but she's cutting into Jesse Quick's gig. And we've been "getting" a JSA book for years now. I'll believe it after I've read the tenth issue.

Astonishing Member

Glad that we all agree with me that it is Retro Earth 2.

I have to go back to my home planet bye.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Yeah, but she's cutting into Jesse Quick's gig. And we've been "getting" a JSA book for years now. I'll believe it after I've read the tenth issue.
    I mean, more female presence in the Flash family isn't a bad thing, as long as both characters are written differently. That's the thing though. We'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Glad that we all agree with me that it is Retro Earth 2.
    We do?

When did we have a vote on this?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Well, they did quit in the 50s IIRC, until whenever they decide to bring them back. So they weren't directly doing much at all for a long time.
    Yeah, they disbanded because they didn't want to reveal their identities to the House of Unamerican Activities.

I don't think a single solution will work. Lets say, some of them retired and lived out their natural lives after WW2 and more after the JSA disbanded after being accused of Communism. Then all the heavy hitters and the remainder of the team got trapped in Rangnarok but what was a few months for them was decades in real life. They escaped some 20 years before Superman showed up during that time most of them had settled down and had kids.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Vertigo is over. It's Black Label now and characters are appearing in Black Label as well as mainstream DC superhero books both.

Daniel (the new Sandman) is the son of Hector Hall and Lyja Trevor. That really isn't a problem as long as someone doesn't try to "explain away" the origins of this latest version of the Sandman in the books.

Now Lyja is an interesting case. If Wonder Woman has been restored to her long lived history where Diana was a member of the JSA, she could very well be Lyja's mother. How would DC react to one of the Trinity having a child? Ask Jon Kent and Damian Wayne.

There is no way anyone is going to come up with a complete JSA return scenario where everything is answered in a paragraph or two here. Ideally, a proposal is made to DC, they might show interest and ask questions. Even a long detailed proposal by someone with a Roy Thomas or a Mark Waid knowledge of DC history is going to have a weakness for nitpicking.
    IMO, Lyta and Hector should be like Power Girl; survivors of an alternate universe. Besides, Lyta and Hector are alive in the Dreaming. That's about as happy an ending as most characters can get.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hmm...not sure how I feel about Jay having a daughter, but as long as we do get a JSA book, I can live with it .
    Judy was mentioned in the Stargirl special.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    That was the stuff we were suppose to be getting after the May 2021 Stargirl Spring Break Special, wasn't it?
    Yes.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yeah, they disbanded because they didn't want to reveal their identities to the House of Unamerican Activities.

I don't think a single solution will work. Lets say, some of them retired and lived out their natural lives after WW2 and more after the JSA disbanded after being accused of Communism. Then all the heavy hitters and the remainder of the team got trapped in Rangnarok but what was a few months for them was decades in real life. They escaped some 20 years before Superman showed up during that time most of them had settled down and had kids.

IMO, Lyta and Hector should be like Power Girl; survivors of an alternate universe. Besides, Lyta and Hector are alive in the Dreaming. That's about as happy an ending as most characters can get.
    But what characters need Ragnarok? Ted Grant if people demand he is still alive?

Isn't everyone else either long lived for other reasons, or already has legacy inheritors for the second half of the twentieth century?

Astonishing Member

Just go back to magic keeps them alive longer.

Boisterously Confused

All of them? Children included?

Still, it has possibilities. One way I could see it working is that somebody - Wotan might make a good candidate - cursed them. They have to watch everything they know continually rot and die, unless they can bring themselves to give up fighting for what they believe is right. Giving into despair and gloom is their only hope for peace and rest.

Not to mention that answer is only good for like what 5 or 6 characters still alive right now? Everyone else you can just say naturally died.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Extant killing some is ok. And other JSA members being killed by other evil doers is ok.

I don't think a single solution will work. Lets say, some of them retired and lived out their natural lives after WW2 and more after the JSA disbanded after being accused of Communism. Then all the heavy hitters and the remainder of the team got trapped in Ragnarok but what was a few months for them was decades in real life. They escaped some 20 years before Superman showed up during that time most of them had settled down and had kids.
    That seems to be a solution which is gaining popularity. The only real difference between and the Original JSA Ragnarok would be the start sometime in the fifties as opposed to right after COIE. Advantages to this would include a less defined cast so anyone that needs to be brought to the present from the Golden Age can be.

I kinda liked PG being special in that way, but any reality that shifts around as much as DC's probably would have more than one dimensional orphan. I do think any Infinity revival needs Hec and Lyta as well as Todd and Jenn.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Astonishing Member

I don't like Ragnarok.

'imple as.

Astonishing Member

I'm not fond in general of the trend towards superheroes being a separate (pardon the pun) society. I prefer Alan to have been the owner of Gotham Broadcasting, Jay having been a chemist at Keystone Labs, etc. So having these guys (with or without supporting casts) vanish for half a century isn't high on my list of solutions. The Karkull Effect being extended longer is preferred. I'd rather most of the JSA either kept up their secret ID's with make-up, the "Dick Clark" effect and so on until around the debut of Infinity Inc at least.

Plus the original Anti-Blacklist story from the 50's is either erased or undercut if you have them disband over keeping secret identities only to then pull them out of time and drop them back in decades later when those identities are obsolete. And two of my favorite JSA stories are tied to that defiance of Congress, the original tale and the America VS the JSA mini. Granted, the mini would need some patching to work but I'd rather leave it as part of the backstory with holes over ditching it altogether.