Page 43 of 98 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Kind of upset that Amazing Man isn’t a part of this new Justice Society.
    Do we know that he isn't?
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    From JSA #54
    Without a doubt my favorite era in DC
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Do we know that he isn't?
    Nothing is carved in stone at this time. Im hoping Wesley Dodds is in it somehow someway. That pulp suit and gas mask is to cool to be left out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Nothing is carved in stone at this time. I'm hoping Wesley Dodds is in it somehow someway. That pulp suit and gas mask is to cool to be left out.
    Well, the fact that Wes Dodds died in JSA Secret Files and Origins #1 back in 1999, and that in the post-Infinite Crisis Justice Society of America series Sandy took on the suit-and-gas-mask look may reduce the chances of Geoff going back and using Wes for Sandman . . .

As others have pointed out, he has resurrected Dead characters before. That said, Wesley's death was presented as a noble sacrifice. I don't see him going back on that.

Though if ever there was an opportunity to bring back dead characters, this appears to be it. Maybe we could get silver scarab and fury back? They're demise appears to have been editorial mandate, and against Johns's wishes. Which is why he wrote them getting stored away in the Dreaming; it was the best he could do to avoid having them literally killed off.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Ross is well-known for his professed beliefs that the Silver & Bronze Age line-ups (and overall status quo for everything DC) are the only ones that matter. Remember his vow to never, ever illustrate or draw Kyle Raynor again after doing so for an illustration of Grant Morrison's JLA line-up in Wizard Magazine back in the 90's? Some of us are surprised by his inclusion of Firestorm in this sketch, for crying out loud. I honestly wouldn't expect him to do any other line-ups, and I definitely don't think he'd be swayed by appeals for "Diversity!"
    Yeah. That was always weird. The whole "no drawing newer characters" rule, I mean.

I mean, I get not liking certain characters and even finding it harder to like new characters as you get older (it's happened to me in recent years). And I maybe get wanting to only work on characters you like especially if you use a process that's super difficult and time-consuming (the man paints his illustrations, after all). But the way he always talked about it like it was a matter of principle or artistic integrity was always bizarre.

As others have pointed out, he has resurrected Dead characters before. That said, Wesley's death was presented as a noble sacrifice. I don't see him going back on that.

Though if ever there was an opportunity to bring back dead characters, this appears to be it. Maybe we could get silver scarab and fury back? They're demise appears to have been editorial mandate, and against Johns's wishes. Which is why he wrote them getting stored away in the Dreaming; it was the best he could do to avoid having them literally killed off.
    I think the Wesley/Dian dynamic back in the day was great and made even more powerful in Sandman Mystery Theater. Even though neither was physically potent in the later days, the team of the two of them working detective and planning wonders is certainly something I miss and wouldn't mind seeing again. Very few DC or Marvel characters have ever used death as a permanent exit.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Silver Scarab I’d love to see back now that Carter and Shayera have all their memories. And theoretically Fury could work considering Diana is immortal now.

Problem though is the Sandman universe of comics which has those characters now.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Silver Scarab I’d love to see back now that Carter and Shayera have all their memories. And theoretically Fury could work considering Diana is immortal now.

Problem though is the Sandman universe of comics which has those characters now.
    That doesn't mean that the DC Universe can't have them, too. Also, Power girl is running around the DCU perfectly fine without having to explain that she's not actually this Superman's cousin. And as I may have mentioned in an earlier post, it will not surprise me if Huntress joins her. Why not go for the trifecta?
    Rogue wears rouge.

I wonder how much it personally hurt Ross to include Firestorm even if only in the back corner, given the lengths he's gone to in the past to deny that Firestorm was ever a legitimate member of the League.
    He's been in limbo for way too long. Like, when was his last appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    Really? I love Firestorm!

I just Googled it and he "joined" in 1980, so you would think he's done his dues now. 42 years and just a little younger than Huntress in terms of her joining the JSA.

But still, just a glorious piece of art!
    He was okay. He was the rookie so he stood out more than the average member but he never really grew out of being a rookie. He was always hot headed (both literally and figuratively) , gets his ass handed and the other League members had to wag their finger at him. The only reason it didn't get old was because the League broke up and turned into JL Detroit which Firestorm wasn't a part of.

Ross is well-known for his professed beliefs that the Silver & Bronze Age line-ups (and overall status quo for everything DC) are the only ones that matter. Remember his vow to never, ever illustrate or draw Kyle Raynor again after doing so for an illustration of Grant Morrison's JLA line-up in Wizard Magazine back in the 90's? Some of us are surprised by his inclusion of Firestorm in this sketch, for crying out loud. I honestly wouldn't expect him to do any other line-ups, and I definitely don't think he'd be swayed by appeals for "Diversity!"
    I have a hunch he's chilled out in recent years. Can't blame him for being 'set in his ways', everyone becomes rigid in their beliefs after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, John Stewart did fill-in for Hal in issue #110 (March-April 1974), but that was just for one issue.

Vixen joined the Justice League of America in 1984, as did Vibe and Gypsy, but I don't know how Alex Ross feels about "Justice League Detroit".
    John also teamed up with the JL in JLoA Annual #1.

I have a feeling Ross doesn't like JL Detroit either.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member

That doesn't mean that the DC Universe can't have them, too. Also, Power girl is running around the DCU perfectly fine without having to explain that she's not actually this Superman's cousin. And as I may have mentioned in an earlier post, it will not surprise me if Huntress joins her. Why not go for the trifecta?
    When did Power Girl become not Superman's cousin? That Tanya Spears character? AFAIK, classic PG's his cousin in all cases, save only the manga version where she was essentially PG as Superman, perhaps his big sister, don't really recall.
    Last edited by achilles; 08-22-2022 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    When did Power Girl become not Superman's cousin? That Tanya Spears character? AFAIK, classic PG's his cousin in all cases, save only the manga version where she was essentially PG as Superman, perhaps his big sister, don't really recall.
    After the first crisis, her story was rewritten so that PG was a lost descendant of Atlanteans, then in Infinite Crisis, her original story was restores.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    She was never this Superman's cousin. When she was Superman's cousin, the Superman in question was the pre-Crisis Earth-2 Superman. Never the Earth-0 Superman. When that Superman was erased from continuity, an attempt was made to rework her origins to be the granddaughter of the Atlantean sorcerer, Arion. That lasted until Infinite Crisis, when her original backstory as the cousin of the pre-Crisis Earth 2 Superman, not the current Earth-0 Superman, was restored. When New 52 came along, the decision was made to make PG the cousin of the new Earth 2 Superman; but it was ultimately decided that that PG was a separate person from the pre-Flashpoint PG, who is still the cousin of the pre-Crisis Earth-2 Superman.

Power Girl is a temporal anomaly. She comes from a reality that has been erased from continuity for almost 40 years of publication. And unlike the rest of the JSA, who have been retconned into Earth-0's timeline as its first superteam, Power Girl is explicitly not the cousin of Earth-0's “generation one Superman” — because Earth-0 doesn't have a “generation one Superman”.

But nobody worries about it these days. Power Girl is Power Girl; she's the last survivor of an apparently dead universe.

Though, if my speculation on the upcoming Justice Society of America turns out to be correct, she may soon no longer be the last survivor. The Time Masters are, unsurprisingly, going to be a Hypertime Crisis; and I won't be surprised to see the original, pre-Crisis Earth 2, mentioned most recently in Doomsday Clock, make an appearance of sorts.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Is there any new series upcoming in pipeline , I am a die hard fan of it

Welcome to the forum. Yes: in November, we're getting a new JSA series.
    Rogue wears rouge.