Page 51 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Currently rereading JSA Classified. What a fun series. JSA > JLA.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Eh I’m still going to read it no matter what, books like Swamp Thing and Supergirl have kind of proven miniseries can still be great. And if it’s just a type accident even better.

I’ll just gladly support and read more JSA.
    I think the issue (so to speak) is that many people have been wanting and hoping for a Justice Society on-going book for years (and years!), and the solicitation for issue #1 seemed to be giving us that.

Then, the solicitation for issue #2 has the "2 of 12" bit from totally out of left field. Why didn't they mention that it was a twelve-issue series when they solicited #1?

DC has a habit of doing these things, and it's damn annoying.
    (And the last time DC talked about a "return" of the Justice Society of America, we eventually got the New52 Earth 2 mess.)

To be fair, DC was under different management then.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Astonishing Member

Some people enjoy complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Some people enjoy complaining.
    And DC gives us plenty to complain about . . .

Astonishing Member

Not really. Not sure why you posted plans change art.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I think the issue (so to speak) is that many people have been wanting and hoping for a Justice Society on-going book for years (and years!), and the solicitation for issue #1 seemed to be giving us that.

Then, the solicitation for issue #2 has the "2 of 12" bit from totally out of left field. Why didn't they mention that it was a twelve-issue series when they solicited #1?

DC has a habit of doing these things, and it's damn annoying.
    (And the last time DC talked about a "return" of the Justice Society of America, we eventually got the New52 Earth 2 mess.)
    Agree! A JSA ongoing is what I have been waiting for since they were eradicated in Flashpoint. Earth 2 did not fit the bill. "2/12" is very disappointing, although I'll still buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Agree! A JSA ongoing is what I have been waiting for since they were eradicated in Flashpoint. Earth 2 did not fit the bill. "2/12" is very disappointing, although I'll still buy it.
    Earth-2 had a good start, but it went to hell the instant that Robinson left the series. Since then it became a huge mess, like almost everything with new52.

BANNED

Not really. Not sure why you posted plans change art.
    As much as I hate to join in with the negativity, this suddenly being revealed as a limited series is a HUGE disappointment. People have been asking for the JSA back for over a decade. Look, I'm thrilled to be getting 12 issues and I already added it to my pull, but it kinda takes some of the momentum out of the launch when you realize DC isn't fully committed to it.

Astonishing Member

Has to be known if it will sell. And if Johns and his artists need breaks for months.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Earth-2 had a good start, but it went to hell the instant that Robinson left the series. Since then it became a huge mess, like almost everything with new52.
    I really loved the Robinson Earth 2 (hated what Taylor and subsequent writers did with it) but it definitely isn't a substitute for the classic JSA. Very fun Elseworlds-style reimagining, though. I miss those versions of Alan and Jay especially.

Has to be known if it will sell. And if Johns and his artists need breaks for months.
    But they should have just said "12 issue series" when this version was first announced.

We already had the screw-up where it got teased at the end of May 2021's Stagirl Spring Break Special but then seemingly died because the artist wound up committing to other work elsewhere . . .

Astonishing Member

Nah. It may become series too.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But they should have just said "12 issue series" when this version was first announced.

We already had the screw-up where it got teased at the end of May 2021's Stagirl Spring Break Special but then seemingly died because the artist wound up committing to other work elsewhere . . .
    Honestly, I'm unhappy the status was changed between issues 1 and 2. The three books announcement including a one shot and a mini already decreased the overall importance and impact. But is the fact that JSA is a twelve issue run as opposed to an ongoing going to affect anyone's decision to buy this? I'm thinking no, but there might be some one.

The real impact for me is that the twelve issue limited series means a story and not setting up a "permanent" run. And if this is successful, DC hopefully will do a "season 2".
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Nah. It may become series too.
    So, you're saying a 12-issue limited series isn't a "series"?