Page 56 of 98 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

I wonder if they'll update his costume...

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Go to 1:48:24. That's the JSA/ Stargirl/ and New Golden Age talk. Confirms also that it looks to be Khalid Nassour in the new JSA book.
    Wasn't Geoff an enabler on the set of the Whedon Justice League?

Extraordinary Member

Question: so even with continuity after Death Metal, as fas as everyone knows, Diana was the only Wonder Woman to ever join the JSA?
    So no Hippolyta ever joining, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Question: so even with continuity after Death Metal, as fas as everyone knows, Diana was the only Wonder Woman to ever join the JSA?
    So no Hippolyta ever joining, right?
    And I'm assuming no Miss America ever taking the place of Wonder Woman with the JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And I'm assuming no Miss America ever taking the place of Wonder Woman with the JSA.
    Fury (Kosmatos) was at one point a Wonder Woman replacement as well.

Quote Originally Posted by finfan View Post
    Wasn't Geoff an enabler on the set of the Whedon Justice League?
    Depending on who you wish to believe. The investigation apparently didn't find any wrongdoing on his part. But whatever may or may not have happened on that set clearly wasn't enough to excommunicate him from DC/WB as I guess some were hoping it would.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I would definitely like to see Wonder Woman’s history with the JSA restored. Not Hippolyta but Diana. Make her a founder or the founder of the team as a way to make up for her being their secretary in the 40s. The general public already knows Wonder Woman as an immortal who has been in “Man’s World” for over 100 years, so it’s fine if she was leading the charge against the Nazis in WWII.
    I didn't mind Hippolyta being in JSA, but I definitely want ONE version of Wonder Woman being in the original JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I didn't mind Hippolyta being in JSA, but I definitely want ONE version of Wonder Woman being in the original JSA.
    I think the consensus is that the world is ready for an ageless Wonder Woman who was an early member of the original JSA as well as a founding member of the original JLA. Frankly, what piques my curiosity is what, if anything, they'll do with the backstory of Infinity Inc.'s Fury. Daughter of Diana and a Golden Age Steve Trevor? Or daughter of Helena Kosmatos, raised by Derek and Joan Trevor, and mentored by Diana? Or left undefined for now?

My own preference would be the former; but inspired by Helena Kosmatos's Fury. And keep the idea of the Golden Age Steve Trevor having a brother (Admiral Derek Trevor), who married Joan Dale (Miss America) and had kids. This lets us say that the current Steve Trevor is a descendant of Derek and Joan, and named after the original Steve Trevor. We could even keep some of the post-Crisis backstory for Lyta by saying that her Uncle Derek and Aunt Joan were a major part of her upbringing when her parents were called away on missions.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I think the consensus is that the world is ready for an ageless Wonder Woman who was an early member of the original JSA as well as a founding member of the original JLA.
    I believe even George Perez wanted this when he was re-introducing WW/Diana after COIE. But DC's top brass wanted her to begin in current time, which wiped all that out. Such a shame.

Spectacular Member

So who's gonna bet we will see Doctor Manhattan's son Clark in JSA?
    The New Golden Age book is gonna feature Nostalgia, who was the girl idolizing Ozymandias and had the Cat Manhattan for a pet.
    So I think some of those other characters are gonna be fair game.

One of the spinoff series of New Golden Age is going to feature Mime and Marionette. I suspect that that's where we're most likely to see Clark.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by guanlishabi View Post
    The New Golden Age book is gonna feature Nostalgia, who was the girl idolizing Ozymandias and had the Cat Manhattan for a pet.
    Having read flashpoint beyond and seeing all the references they are making I would take that bet.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

I'm not crazy about the idea of a Black Canary movie -- especially since she was so underwhelming in the Harley Quinn Birds of Prey movie. Instead, I'd like to see a look at her actual origin as a 1940s noir character. The piece wouldn't actually have to be set then (since some people don't like historical takes -- despite the success of Wonder Woman's first film), but could still by heavily stylized. That could build up to an arena type of episode as the finale. I just don't think it would work in an introductory film (the same way the BOP movie didn't work buy throwing too many things against the wall -- with nothing really sticking).

Quote Originally Posted by guanlishabi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    One of the spinoff series of New Golden Age is going to feature Mime and Marionette. I suspect that that's where we're most likely to see Clark.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Having read flashpoint beyond and seeing all the references they are making I would take that bet.
    This is my big concern at the moment.

I didn't read Doomsday Clock, and I have no interest in reading Flashpoint Beyond. But how much of both those is going to be stuffed down our throats in Geoff Johns' new Justice Society of America (limited-) series?

Astonishing Member

Read them both. They're good.