Page 57 of 98 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    This is my big concern at the moment.

I didn't read Doomsday Clock, and I have no interest in reading Flashpoint Beyond. But how much of both those is going to be stuffed down our throats in Geoff Johns' new Justice Society of America (limited-) series?
    Oh noes! Geoff Johns is “stuffing things down our throats” by writing stories that have consequences! And following up on those consequences with more stories! Oh, the horror!
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    This is my big concern at the moment.

I didn't read Doomsday Clock, and I have no interest in reading Flashpoint Beyond. But how much of both those is going to be stuffed down our throats in Geoff Johns' new Justice Society of America (limited-) series?
    I'm with you.

I look at the 1999 JSA book and how James Robinson had a great lineup focusing on the generations. As Johns took over the book, he began writing a lot of those characters out and replacing them with 'the new brigade'. By the time the book phased into 'Justice Society of America', it barely resembled Robinson's initial idea for the group.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I'm with you.

I look at the 1999 JSA book and how James Robinson had a great lineup focusing on the generations. As Johns took over the book, he began writing a lot of those characters out and replacing them with 'the new brigade'. By the time the book phased into 'Justice Society of America', it barely resembled Robinson's initial idea for the group.
    Between this book and Earth 2, we should be thankful Robinson got Starman for its entire run.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I believe even George Perez wanted this when he was re-introducing WW/Diana after COIE. But DC's top brass wanted her to begin in current time, which wiped all that out. Such a shame.
    Were the top brass thick? Surely they knew that would derail New Titans, their best selling title, by eliminating the origins of both Lilith and Donna? It was when Donna changed identity to Troia, a direct consequence of the Wonder Woman reboot, that Titans started it's gradual slide (though it did manage to limp on for another six years).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

UGH! Khalid will be the Dr Fate in limited JSA series... looks like my run of not buying DC Comics continues!

The abhorrence of Kent Nelson as Dr Fate also continues!
    Last edited by Doctor Kent Nelson; 10-05-2022 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    UGH! Khalid will be the Dr Fate in limited JSA series... looks like my run of not buying DC Comics continues!

The abhorrence of Kent Nelson as Dr Fate also continues!
    Don’t necessarily agree with the opinion, which you are entitled to and I’m not arguing against, but I love that Photo. If I could upvote that picture I would.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Find it strange that they won't captalize on Kent being Dr. Fate in the Black Adam movie, unless we'll see a passing of the torch at the end of the film, which I find totally possible. But they REALLY need to do something about Khalid's lame costume.

Peace

I think DC is trying to avoid being accused of cultural appropriation.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I love that Photo. If I could upvote that picture I would.
    I too love the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Find it strange that they won't captalize on Kent being Dr. Fate in the Black Adam movie, unless we'll see a passing of the torch at the end of the film, which I find totally possible. But they REALLY need to do something about Khalid's lame costume.

Peace
    While there are folks here (and probably in the comics reading world) who will accept no substitute to Kent and Inza, I do like Khalid. He's new, young, and learning. But his costume looks like he picked it up to cosplay at the convention and didn't start working on it until he was on his way to the convention. Khalid needs to be at least at the level where he looks to part.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I too love the photo.

While there are folks here (and probably in the comics reading world) who will accept no substitute to Kent and Inza, I do like Khalid. He's new, young, and learning. But his costume looks like he picked it up to cosplay at the convention and didn't start working on it until he was on his way to the convention. Khalid needs to be at least at the level where he looks to part.
    Hey at least it’s better then his DCyou look that is literally just the Helmet of Fate and his hoodie and jeans.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Hey at least it’s better then his DCyou look that is literally just the Helmet of Fate and his hoodie and jeans.
    That was the one I was thinking of.

That was the one I was thinking of.
    Oh I thought you were talking about his current Dr. Fate look.
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

No, that photo is wrong. It should be Bushmills. After all, Brosnan IS Irish...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Were the top brass thick? Surely they knew that would derail New Titans, their best selling title, by eliminating the origins of both Lilith and Donna? It was when Donna changed identity to Troia, a direct consequence of the Wonder Woman reboot, that Titans started it's gradual slide (though it did manage to limp on for another six years).
    I could be wrong, but I think that's part of the reason Perez came back to the New Titans #50 for the "Who Is Wonder Girl" storyline. He wanted to help clean up the mess he was forced to create in Wonder Woman.

Extraordinary Member

Between this book and Earth 2, we should be thankful Robinson got Starman for its entire run.
    Agree. They really jerked him around.