Page 6 of 98 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    . . . So yeah, the Red Tornadoes membership, pre-Crisis, isn't really quibbleable. In fact RTII should really be in that picture instead of Obsidian
    However, I'll quibble with that because Red Tornado II had already left Earth-2 / the JSA and became a member of the JLA by the time Power Girl and Huntress were first introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    However, I'll quibble with that because Red Tornado II had already left Earth-2 / the JSA and became a member of the JLA by the time Power Girl and Huntress were first introduced.
    I was going to double-quibble about the status of Black Canary (no doubt saying something clever like "what about her, huh?"), but then I checked, an yup, by the time Infinity Inc. had been appeared, the (weird) pre-Crisis "Turns out that the JLA's Black Canary is actually the original's daughter" retcon had already happened (if only by a few months).

This is me, shaking my fist.

One thing that the pre-Crisis DCU totally had going for it was group membership stability: The JSA had been around for 45 years, and had only expanded to include 21 members: Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkman, Atom, Sandman, Dr. Fate, Spectre, Johnny Thunder, Wonder Woman, Wildcat, Dr. Mid-Nite, Starman, Mr. Terrific, Black Canary, Red Tornado, Robin, Power Girl, Star Spangled Kid, and Huntress.

The JLA had been around for 25 years, and it's membership had crept up to 21 on account of JLDetroit: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, J'Onn, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Atom, Hawkman, Black Canary, Red Tornado, Elongated Man, Phantom Stranger, Hawkwoman, Zatanna, Firestorm, Vixen, Gypsy, Steel, Vibe. Still, pretty well under control.

The Titans had had 20 members: Robin, Speedy, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Hawk, Dove, Lilith, Gnark, Mal, Duela Dent, Bumblebee, Beast Boy, Bat-Girl, Golden Eagle, Raven, Cyborg, Starfire, Terra, Kole.

It's been 37 years since the Crisis. The number of characters that have been official members of the Justice League is probably closing in on 200. The Justice Society is creeping towards 70. I'd venture to guess that the Titans are nearing 100.

I miss stable teams.

It's a freaking Hembeck pin-up. At no time was this collection of heroes ever possible as Mr. Terrific died before Obsidian showed up. Weekend at Terry's maybe? Or possibly Todd is there to gawk at Dick as well but his mask isn't showing any type of facial expression.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

I was going to double-quibble about the status of Black Canary (no doubt saying something clever like "what about her, huh?"), but then I checked, an yup, by the time Infinity Inc. had been appeared, the (weird) pre-Crisis "Turns out that the JLA's Black Canary is actually the original's daughter" retcon had already happened (if only by a few months)...
    Oh, lord, that miserable (but perhaps necessary?) retcon to compensate for Dinah's aging by instead turning her into a daughter with her Mother's memories, INCLUDING ALL THE TIMES SHE HAD SEX WITH HER FATHER AS HER MOTHER?!?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    It's a freaking Hembeck pin-up. At no time was this collection of heroes ever possible as Mr. Terrific died before Obsidian showed up. Weekend at Terry's maybe? Or possibly Todd is there to gawk at Dick as well but his mask isn't showing any type of facial expression.
    Welcome to the Internet - we're bored and like to kvetch

Interestingly, that line-up, minus Obsidian, would have been available for a pin-up for just a few months, after Huntress joined, but before Batman died.

At the time Black Canary still thought she was the OG BC, so she could've popped over from Earth-1. Reddy probably should've, too, since he was back in the land of the living by then.

Oh, lord, that miserable (but perhaps necessary?) retcon to compensate for Dinah's aging by instead turning her into a daughter with her Mother's memories, INCLUDING ALL THE TIMES SHE HAD SEX WITH HER FATHER AS HER MOTHER?!?

The funny thing about *that* icky retcon is that in a couple of years the CoIE would show up and make it totally unnecessary.

I don't know if back then we were mostly clueless about how these things could be taken, and took things at face value, or if today we overthink about such things. My only "thought" back then was, did nobody notice the age difference? The Ms Marvel "impossible love story/rape" also comes to mind as something that was not given the proper amount of thought.

Peace

The funny thing about *that* icky retcon is that in a couple of years the CoIE would show up and make it totally unnecessary.
    True. So true.

Peace

The thing about that retcon is that it totally made sense to accomplish what they wanted to do, but wondering whether anybody thought of that one negative concept of having ALL of Mommy's memories.

I was going to double-quibble about the status of Black Canary (no doubt saying something clever like "what about her, huh?"), but then I checked, an yup, by the time Infinity Inc. had been appeared, the (weird) pre-Crisis "Turns out that the JLA's Black Canary is actually the original's daughter" retcon had already happened (if only by a few months).

This is me, shaking my fist.

One thing that the pre-Crisis DCU totally had going for it was group membership stability: The JSA had been around for 45 years, and had only expanded to include 21 members: Superman, Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkman, Atom, Sandman, Dr. Fate, Spectre, Johnny Thunder, Wonder Woman, Wildcat, Dr. Mid-Nite, Starman, Mr. Terrific, Black Canary, Red Tornado, Robin, Power Girl, Star Spangled Kid, and Huntress.

The JLA had been around for 25 years, and it's membership had crept up to 21 on account of JLDetroit: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, J'Onn, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Atom, Hawkman, Black Canary, Red Tornado, Elongated Man, Phantom Stranger, Hawkwoman, Zatanna, Firestorm, Vixen, Gypsy, Steel, Vibe. Still, pretty well under control.

The Titans had had 20 members: Robin, Speedy, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Hawk, Dove, Lilith, Gnark, Mal, Duela Dent, Bumblebee, Beast Boy, Bat-Girl, Golden Eagle, Raven, Cyborg, Starfire, Terra, Kole.

It's been 37 years since the Crisis. The number of characters that have been official members of the Justice League is probably closing in on 200. The Justice Society is creeping towards 70. I'd venture to guess that the Titans are nearing 100.

I miss stable teams.
    Wasn't Jason Todd a Titan briefly pre-Crisis too? Which means they'd also had 21 members... that's quite a coincidence, JSA, JLA and Teen Titans all having the same number of members!

You can see a list of all Titans members here:
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Titans_members
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Teen_Titans_members
    Though some names are duplicated due to the wiki counting pre-Flashpoint and post-Flashpoint separately, even though the comics revealed that Prime Earth was New Earth all along. Of course other alternate universes like Future State also count separately. There's over 400 pages listed on the Teen Titans page, so even without filtering out the AUs it does seem to be well over 100.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-13-2022 at 06:22 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I can't find a justice league of america thread,so i will put my question about a certain story.

Is there is a old justice league of america story like the one below that involves batman instead of hourman?

The Aryan Brigade.
    The Aryan Brigade is a group of supervillains in DC Comics. They were also known as the Purifiers of the Aryan Nation.[ The first version of the Aryan Brigade first appeared in Justice League Task Force #10 (March 1994) and were created by Michael Jan Friedman.
    The DC Universe's version of the Aryan Nation is a white supremacist terrorist organization that created a designer virus which would attack and destroy "non-white" DNA in humans. They were secretly led by U.S. Senator Sanders Hotchkins. When several noted chemists began disappearing, they drew the FBI's attention. The FBI contacted Hannibal Martin, the Justice League Task Force's liaison, and the Martian Manhunter assembled a covert team to infiltrate the terrorists. While undercover, Hourman was forced to use his powers and drew the attention of the Aryan Nation's superhuman enforcers who call themselves the Aryan Brigade. Thanks to Blind Faith's mental powers, the Aryan Brigade was able to uncover and surprise the Task Force. They captured all but Hourman who returned to free them. In the meantime, the Nation had readied its virus for delivery into the atmosphere. J'onn followed the rocket and forced it to detonate in space. All members of the organization were subsequently arrested.

I look it up and the one only could find is the one above but someone mention there is one involves batman and poison gas.
    It was mention to this person he was mistaken and the only story known so far detroying non white dna in humans is the one above.It was not batman but hourman and the rest of the justice league task force of that time that stop these type of white supremacist.
    The story is about a with a white supremacist and trying to get rid of poc of the world and the comic is justice league task force of the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wasn't Jason Todd a Titan briefly pre-Crisis too? Which means they'd also had 21 members... that's quite a coincidence, JSA, JLA and Teen Titans all having the same number of members!
    I *think* (and here I'm going from memory), that Jason's brief Titan membership was post-Crisis. If you're thinking about that team that Donna semi-catastrophically led when Dick, Kory, et al weren't around. It had Aqualad (still messed up from Aquagirl's death in Crisis), Hawk (still messed up from Dove's death in Crisis), Donna, and Jason (who Donna kept deferring to like Dick, even though he was way younger).

Of course, I may be forgetting a pre-Crisis Jason membership.

On the other hand, if you *do* want to sneak a 21st pre-Crisis Titan into the list, I'd be open to adding the Protector

DC Database wiki on Fandom lists the Jason who joined the New Teen Titans as Earth-One, not New Earth, and if that's correct that would make it officially pre-Crisis. I think NTT didn't go post-Crisis until the following year (after Wonder Woman's relaunch negated Donna's origin) despite the Crisis on Infinite Earths series already being over by this point.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/New_Teen_Titans_Vol_2_20
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I fully understand the tangent these posts have taken, but isn't "Which Jason Todd was a member of the Teen Titans?" a sign there really isn't that much going on with the JSA currently?

What would people's take be on an annual team-up between the OG JSA (on whatever DC is calling their main Earth this week) and the nu52 younger versions? I'd be all for it. Despite the talent free wasteland on nu52 Earth 2 between Robinson and Abnett, the use of those characters as a contrast to the originals makes for some story opportunities.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Jason (as Robin) was in an arc of The New Titans that ran from 1986 into 1987.