Page 7 of 98 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Jason (as Robin) was in an arc of The New Titans that ran from 1986 into 1987.

That's the story I'm thinking of. Although I'd forgotten about Speedy (which is weird, since he's a major focus of the tale), it's an almost definitionally post-Crisis story:

- Wally is now the Flash
    - Hawk is operating alone, since Dove died at the end of the Crisis
    - Aqualad is depressed about Tula's death during the Crisis

Unless there's further evidence of Jason's Titans membership, I think we can safely slot it as a post-Crisis phenomenon.

It's also before both Batman and Wonder Woman's reboots (Donna switching from Wonder Girl to Troia was the result of an existential personal crisis caused by her origin being invalidated). Crisis was meant to simplify continuity... that's never been true.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I'd love to see a B&B series return. It's been quite a while since DC published it, but I guess anthology series just don't pull in readers these days. Shame.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I'd love to see a B&B series return. It's been quite a while since DC published it, but I guess anthology series just don't pull in readers these days. Shame.
    I've long entertained the idea it should come back as a team-up book with Nightwing as the anchor since he's one of the most well-connected heroes in the DCU and generally a more dynamic team up partner than Bruce.

And because I love a Nightwing and think it'd be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    That's stunning. Love it.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Kent Nelson View Post
    Ahhh, that’s gorgeous 😎

All-New Member

I’m always thrilled by a good JSA Returns cover.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Michael Allred.

AllredJSA.jpg

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

DC is going to release a series of one-shots in the run-up to the Black Adam movie's release. Each one is going feature one of the JSA characters that'll appear in the movie.

The first one up is Hawkman, which will be titled "Black Adam–The Justice Society Files: Hawkman #1" and releases Tuesday, July 5th.

I'm excited for the Atom-Smasher one-shot and the Doctor Fate one-shot, though I admit I don't have high expectations for movie tie-ins, but they'll still give me a feel for the movie's take on the characters (and tone)
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 04-13-2022 at 03:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    DC is going to release a series of one-shots in the run-up to the Black Adam movie's release. Each one is going feature one of the JSA characters that'll appear in the movie.

The first one up is Hawkman, which will be titled "Black Adam–The Justice Society Files: Hawkman #1" and releases Tuesday, July 5th.

I'm excited for the Atom-Smasher one-shot and the Doctor Fate one-shot, though I admit I don't have high expectations for movie tie-ins, but they'll still give me a feel for the movie's take on the characters (and tone)
    Will Cyclone be PoC? Will Hawkman be black?

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Will Cyclone be PoC? Will Hawkman be black?
    It is about the movie versions of the characters, so I'll expect it'll be movie accurate.

Hawkman looks black on the cover at least.

Soon we'll know the answer to the great mystery: does the helmet of Fate have eye holes?
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 04-13-2022 at 03:57 PM.

The cover is really cool.

These movie tie-ins are something at least. I'm trying them anyway.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

You had me at Gentleman Ghost .

And there's a back-up starring Isis.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman