Page 84 of 98 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1462

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Possibly controversial JSA opinion: I don't think we need Geoff Johns' new Mr. America. His schtick of being a superhero-slash-FBI-profiler just doesn't seem that impressive or necessary.

Oh, and Cyclone? Please STFU. The most annoying JSA member by a landslide. Except for maybe King Chimera, Willlingham's creation. Who, by the looks of things, Johns seems uninterested in bringing back...or even acknowledging ever existing. Just like Anna Fortune. (KC and AF being characters introduced after Johns left in the pre-Flashpoint days.)
    I actually liked Anna Fortune, and would have enjoyed seeing lore of her. But I understood at the time that she wasn't going to be the kind of character that stuck around, unfortunately. Hopefully someday someone takes a second look at her.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Possibly controversial JSA opinion: I don't think we need Geoff Johns' new Mr. America. His schtick of being a superhero-slash-FBI-profiler just doesn't seem that impressive or necessary.

Oh, and Cyclone? Please STFU. The most annoying JSA member by a landslide. Except for maybe King Chimera, Willlingham's creation. Who, by the looks of things, Johns seems uninterested in bringing back...or even acknowledging ever existing. Just like Anna Fortune. (KC and AF being characters introduced after Johns left in the pre-Flashpoint days.)
    I liked Cyclone, but frankly the JSA is far too bloated at this point.

They need to trim down, establish a team and just do some regular damn stories

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nothing more natural than seeing Pieter and Michael together again .
    First thing to bring a smile to my face today. It's so good to see Pieter back, and with Michael Holt no less! I love that brain trust and friendship dearly.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Maxine is adorable .
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

I assume that's what the new run will accomplish.

Cyclone for me was one of the best aditions of the JSA in the latest run of the team.She was the reason why I started reading DC in the first place. Hope she appears in the new run of the JSA.

Johns is all about synergy with the Beth and Yolanda thing. Weird that Cyclone is not as prominent considering she’s just been introduced to a much bigger audience through Black Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Johns is all about synergy with the Beth and Yolanda thing. Weird that Cyclone is not as prominent considering she’s just been introduced to a much bigger audience through Black Adam.
    They appeared in the Stargirl series, which he was in charge. I think he didn't had any participation in the Black Adam movie, if not characters like Hawkman and Atom Smasher would be appear too.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    They appeared in the Stargirl series, which he was in charge. I think he didn't had any participation in the Black Adam movie, if not characters like Hawkman and Atom Smasher would be appear too.
    Having watched the film and reading Black Reign & Rise and Fall of an Empire, I really want Atom Smasher to show up in stuff.

I have a new appreciation for the guy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Bigger audience yes, but only as a second stringer meant to fill out scenes, for a movie that will fade from public within 3 months at best.

Beth and Yolanda have been around longer, inside comics and out, and have had bigger character arcs.

Extraordinary Member

I’m not worried about both Pieter and Beth being around as we’ve had dual mantles being present now for a few years like Ted and Jaime Blue Beetle and Daimen and Tim Robin.

My concern is the Wildcats. Since Ted, Yolanda and Tom are are all now alive.
    Did Tom go by Wildcat? Or was his official name Tomcat?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’m not worried about both Pieter and Beth being around as we’ve had dual mantles being present now for a few years like Ted and Jaime Blue Beetle and Daimen and Tim Robin.

My concern is the Wildcats. Since Ted, Yolanda and Tom are are all now alive.
    Did Tom go by Wildcat? Or was his official name Tomcat?
    He went both by Wildcat and Tomcat. I like both Beth and Pieter being around. Though i would change Pieter' costume and codename to Midnight. Midnight was another Golden Age All-Star Squadron member and the name would fit him well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    He went both by Wildcat and Tomcat. I like both Beth and Pieter being around. Though i would change Pieter' costume and codename to Midnight. Midnight was another Golden Age All-Star Squadron member and the name would fit him well.
    Pieter was created to be Dr. Mid-Nite. Beth was created to be Dr. Midnight. If either of them should change their codename, it should be Beth.

If you want a legacy for Midnight, go with Robert Mason or make up a new one.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 11-12-2022 at 08:01 AM.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Pieter was created to be Dr. Mid-Nite. Beth was created to be Dr. Midnight. If either of them should change their codename, it should be Beth.

Midnight would work for Beth and now that Stargirl is going off maybe Beth will change her name. I knew about Robet Mason and don't realy want a Midnight Legacy just saying the name would work for either Pieter or Beth. I prefer Pieter as Doctor Mid-Nite over Beth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post

This is probably the best point in the Beth vs Pieter name issue. Pieter being Dr Mid-Nite and Beth being Dr. Midnight gives them both the names they were given to start.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

How "bloated" are they?

How many of those past members are even going to be seen / mentioned any more?

Bigger audience yes, but only as a second stringer meant to fill out scenes, for a movie that will fade from public within 3 months at best.

Beth and Yolanda have been around longer, inside comics and out, and have had bigger character arcs.
    They were dead in the comic books longer then they were "around".

They were introduced around +/-1985 and both apparently were killed off in Eclipso #13 in 1993.

It wasn't until Doomsday Clock #12 in late 2019 that they showed up again in regular continuity. (There were versions of them seen as part of the "Justice League Infinity" on a reborn Earth Two during Johns' Justice Society of America run, but those aren't the same versions.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Midnight was a totally different character / concept. He was basically a copy of Will Eisner's The Spirit who Quality Comics had created in case anything happened to Eisner and his The Spirit feature (which Quality Comics had the reprint rights to after the strips first appeared in Sunday papers).