Page 93 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1462

If I recall correctly, the JSA “adopted” a town that they had a fight in, as basically became part of the local government and community.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I won't be surprised if that Saturn Girl appears again in the upcoming Legion of Four Worlds stuff. And Flash Forward had a bit at the end about Wally realizing that there are contradictory aspects of the timeline that need to be resolved; I know one example used with the Teen Titans, but it's possible that the JSA got referenced there, too.
    They did. In Flash Forward, the JSA appeared alongside the Legion, as two things restored to continuity which had been removed by Doctor Manhattan. However Doomsday Clock had already reintroduced the JSA. The Flash contradicts DDC's version too, because Jesse Quick was among the team (as Liberty Belle) in DDC, but is shown to have been trapped in the Speed Force with Max Mercury (Stargirl also shouldn't have been there in DDC as she was in the JLA in New 52, and therefore was always in continuity).

Spoiler alert: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/who-...rica-spoilers/
    spoilers:
    Red Lantern's Daughter is called Ruby. Judy ending up in the present day is confirmed.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-27-2022 at 04:55 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Look at Earth 0's Superman costume and hair in that page.

I’m still trying to make sense of the retcon to have Power Girl be active in the 70s of the main Earth…
    The line-up where she’s Sylvester Pembleton’s teammate happened on Earth-2 in the 70s, before she came to the main Earth.
    Since Johns is basically translating that period to the main Earth now, does this mean she lived very similar events on 2 Earths? Or will they completely change her origins and pre-Crisis backstory so that they’re less similar to the new continuity?

It would just be so much easier to have PG debut in the 70s of Earth-2 and then come to the main Earth during COIE (already on the sliding timeline).
    It would keep every relevant aspect of the character and wouldn’t create so many needless problems, including a huge age gap in relation to Huntress while in the present.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Very interesting spoliers out there. Some fans on here were right about certain things.
    It’s funny about the future roster
    spoilers:
    even taking Helena and Kyle into account. They had at least one parent who was a supervillain: Catwoman and The Mist. So aside from Powergirl and Dr Fate, they’re all former villains or are villain legacies in a way
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Will Evans; 11-28-2022 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I’m still trying to make sense of the retcon to have Power Girl be active in the 70s of the main Earth…
    The line-up where she’s Sylvester Pembleton’s teammate happened on Earth-2 in the 70s, before she came to the main Earth.
    Since Johns is basically translating that period to the main Earth now, does this mean she lived very similar events on 2 Earths? Or will they completely change her origins and pre-Crisis backstory so that they’re less similar to the new continuity?
    My reading is that Johns' intent is that in this new timeline, PG had history in the 1970s and 1980s that closely reflected her pre-Crisis history. This only potentially becomes an issue after Infinite Crisis, when her encounter with the real pre-Crisis Earth 2 Superman restores her memories of the pre-Crisis Earth 2; and then, the only issue is that her two sets of overlapping memories differ only in terms of the presence or absence of a handful of people (Kal-L and Lois most prominently; but also Commissioner Wayne and Robin).
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Again, stop thinking so hard about it.

Per Degaton is involved. He screws around with time / history. Wait until he's taken care of see where things stand after that.

As for Power Girl before Superman, there's always the possible explanation that both could have come from Krypton prior to the explosion, but that Kal-El's rocket went through a warp in time/space so that his rocket arrived later than Kara's, but that he hadn't aged during the period he was in the rocket.

I'm sticking with the notion that PG arrived on Earth from the pre-Crisis Earth 2 Krypton, much like how the pre-Crisis Earth 1 Supergirl arrived on the post-Crisis Earth in PAD's Supergirl run. She comes from Krypton; just not Earth 0's Krypton.
    Rogue wears rouge.

I think fans will be unhappy with the first few issues of the new series, but it's far too soon to make any judgment calls. With Per Degaton involved anything can happen, and we've got 12 whole issues to work with. Let's not be hasty.

On the other hand, I think it's likely that much of what's been revealed about the New Golden Age timeline isn't going to change. What I'm expecting to change are things like Huntress' future timeline (I expect that it will get wiped out at some point, with Helena herself becoming a time anomaly), and possibly whether or not Huntress was around in 1979–1985: I could easily see her time hopping in the JSA series landing her in 1979 for an extended stay until the Crisis, after which point she resumes her time travels instead of dying.

Just because Per Degaton is involved, that doesn't mean that we can't speculate.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    I think fans will be unhappy with the first few issues of the new series, but it's far too soon to make any judgment calls. With Per Degaton involved anything can happen, and we've got 12 whole issues to work with. Let's not be hasty.
    But at $3.99 an issue, how long are we expected to be "patient"?

We've been waiting so long for the return of a JSA series, and Johns has to start off introducing a bunch of new characters and having it take place in a possible future? WTF?!?

I'm wondering if this is going to make what Geoff Johns did to poor Barry Allen in The Flash: Rebirth (2009) seem like a "minor revision".

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But at $3.99 an issue, how long are we expected to be "patient"?

We've been waiting so long for the return of a JSA series, and Johns has to start off introducing a bunch of new characters and having it take place in a possible future? WTF?!?

I'm wondering if this is going to make what Geoff Johns did to poor Barry Allen in The Flash: Rebirth (2009) seem like a "minor revision".

Please don't wish a Flash: Rebirth on us. That's a horrible thing to say.

And sure, we can absolutely speculate, nothing wrong with that. I'll be doing it too. I'm just saying we may not want to judge it too early. I'm just trying to be optimistic. I'll be honest, this isn't what I wanted from a new JSA book after all this time, but hopefully it turns into something good.

I suspect that the first issue will see that JSA destroyed, with Helena escaping into the past as the only survivor. It exists for the sake of Helena's backstory, but also to further establish Per Degaton's threat to the JSA. In that regard, it's going to be very much like the 31st century JSA we saw in New Golden Age.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Extraordinary Member

I suspect that the first issue will see that JSA destroyed, with Helena escaping into the past as the only survivor. It exists for the sake of Helena's backstory, but also to further establish Per Degaton's threat to the JSA. In that regard, it's going to be very much like the 31st century JSA we saw in New Golden Age.
    I agree with you

Yeah, I agree. That lineup of the JSA only exists in Helena's timeline.