Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I really liked the second issue. A fun, entertaining, light one and done that doesn't take itself too seriously. It actually reminds me a bit of Ellis' Nextwave, which I loved.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-28-2022 at 11:52 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Glad you liked it, but I have to say I'm kind of tired of Marvel books that don't take itself too seriously. How am I supposed to take them seriously if they don't.

Peace

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Glad you liked it, but I have to say I'm kind of tired of Marvel books that don't take itself too seriously. How am I supposed to take them seriously if they don't.

Peace
    Sorta agree. I'm not really impressed with this team.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Rumour: General Ross is in the film, and he'll have Han Solo's face! Apparently they've asked Harrison Ford to take over the role.
    https://www.cbr.com/harrison-ford-ma...eral-ross-mcu/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Rumour: General Ross is in the film, and he'll have Han Solo's face! Apparently they've asked Harrison Ford to take over the role.
    Not feeling that. Maybe get Adrian Pasdar to reprise Talbot and reference that Ross died.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    It's not Thunderbolts without Songbird and Moonstone... but there's no Red Hulk in sight, so I take that as a win.

It's the little things in life.
    I think I might have jinxed it.

If they are going to this length to get Ross into the movie, Red Hulk must be on the horizon.
    That said, could you imagine Harrison Ford's face, turned bright red and rotoscoped onto a CGI Hulk model?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Not feeling that. Maybe get Adrian Pasdar to reprise Talbot and reference that Ross died.
    I might be misremembering AoS, but didn't Talbot get turned into Graviton and die too?

Honestly if they want a Red Hulk so badly, they should just cast General Robert L. Maverick instead.
    Introduce him as Ross's subordinate who takes over when he dies.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

If they are recasting, they should get Sam Elliott,.who was pretty much born for the role

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post

I might be misremembering AoS, but didn't Talbot get turned into Graviton and die too?

Honestly if they want a Red Hulk so badly, they should just cast General Robert L. Maverick instead.
    Introduce him as Ross's subordinate who takes over when he dies.
    Maybe. But I think they have non-canoned AoS...and I don't think they should recast Ross. Just being in a new character. General Maverick would work as well.

Harrison Ford as potentially the new Ross/Red Hulk? I'm not gonna lie a part of me want's to now see it. Just so I can see the Red Hulk smash Greedo and for everyone to say "Greedo smashed first"

Am I the only one still bummed no Moonstone in Thunderbolts be in comics or movies? How can you have Thunderbolts without Moonstone? I mean I know you can, but it makes me sad she's not there.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Harrison Ford as potentially the new Ross/Red Hulk? I'm not gonna lie a part of me want's to now see it. Just so I can see the Red Hulk smash Greedo and for everyone to say "Greedo smashed first"

Am I the only one still bummed no Moonstone in Thunderbolts be in comics or movies? How can you have Thunderbolts without Moonstone? I mean I know you can, but it makes me sad she's not there.
    Yeah, it's not Thunderbolts without Songbird and Moonstone, to me. Guess there wasn't a better name for a movie with this cast, but still...
    Last edited by H-E-D; 09-29-2022 at 09:03 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    Just because the book isn't being angsty or dark-and-gritty doesn't mean its not taking the story seriously. A lighter tone doesn't mean its fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post

Maybe there will be after Marvels?

Yeah, it's not Thunderbolts without Songbird and Moonstone, to me. Guess there wasn't a better name for a movie with this cast, but still...
    I know there are many Thunderbolts teams out there, but there are some staples I love having on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Maybe there will be after Marvels?
    Hopefully. I need live action Karla Sofen!

I can't see Ford as Ross.
    I'd rather them than MCU Taskmaster or Red Guardian.

It's not even really a villain team.