Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

He doesn't need a mask, he has no secret identity. The only heroes with public identities who still need a mask are anyone using Iron Man or Ant-Man tech (due to their HUDs and communication devices built into the helmets - though Janet just uses an earpiece usually), anyone using breathing apparatus, and anyone whose power source is the mask (i.e. Nova, Rich was outed in the first Civil War due to his New Warriors connection, but obviously still has to wear the helmet). That doesn't apply to Hawkeye.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    You'd think that with the influence of the MCU, that Baron Zemo would be a part of this. He was in the original series after all. I haven't read this but he was back with the Thunderbolts in Punisher #13 (2019)
    https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/xq90/922/t3Ykjh.jpg
    I remember reading that T-Bolts appearance in Punisher #13, and felt things could've gone better.
    Frank's speech to a couple of Punisher-worshiping boys-in-blue completely overshadowed the festivities, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And not treating him like Hawkguy. Better costume too (even though he doesn't have a mask).
    I know, right?! Without the mask, it simply doesn't feel at all like Hawkeye...

The new series finally started today. I rather enjoyed it.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Amazing Member

I always judge a writer by how the write characters like US Agent or Guy Gardner. Do they pay attention to character growth and how they’ve been fleshed out or do they do the lazy thing of reverting them to the caricature they started out as. So far, I’m not impressed.

Mighty Member

This issue was ok, a bit old school. The protagonists for the moment, except hawkeye, are not really interesting. don't think I will continue to read for the moment.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Just read the first issue by Zub and Izaakse and really enjoyed it. Don't know what's going on with some of the characters, but that's going to be the fun part, I'm sure. While there's not the big twist as with the original Thunderbolts, it's clear that many of these characters have their own secrets.

It's nice to see a character driven story with twists, instead of bombastic nonsense with characterization completely thrown out the window.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Things I liked.

Decent Hawkeye.

I got my money's worth. You would be shocked how often I come away from modern Marvel comics feeling like I was ripped off. I feel I received a full story that stands on its own while making me want to read the next one.

A good mix of characters you like and ones you want to know more about. There is only one character that bores me.

Things I didn't likelike

"Mayor Cage" He is mayor now. Would it hurt for him to use the name his parents gave him?
    "Mayor Cage's" UGLY YELLOW SUIT COAT. What is the thinking that went into this?! Did the creative team think that we wouldn't know it was Luke Cage if he didn't wear it?! He is mayor. Someone should have pulled him aside and told him to take that $#@& off and put on a real suit coat or not wear one, and before anyone says "Duhhhhh who is going to tell Luke Cage that?" THE ANSWER IS EVERYONE. BECAUSE I GUARANTEE YOU THE NEW YORK TIMES TO THE NEW YORK POST to MSNBC AND FOX NEWS, THE DAILY SHOW AND VARIOUS LATE NIGHT HOST WILL ALL COME TOGETHER TO ASK WHAT THE HELL THE MAYOR OF NEW YORK WAS THINKING WHEN HE SHOWED UP TO WORK WEARING THAT.

New York, I shouldn't be surprised. Marvel had the West Coast Avengers, but they didn't really warm up to the West Coast untill the 2000s. Which means that Marvel will finally become comfortable with Middle America around....2070. I can't wait!

America refusing to get a costume while wasting money buying an endless supply of red white and blue shirts and blue jeans which is a uniform in and of itself.

Verdict

Great start to a great series.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

Really disappointed in how U.S. Agent was treated in this. I thought Clint and John put there crap behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Like I said, on a more permanent basis, because she did come back briefly in one of the Chaos War tie-ins by Greg Pak featuring dead Avengers.
    And another vote for the return of Rita DeMara.

It was a fun issue.
    Didn’t really feel like Thunderbolts for me, but it was entertaining enough. It felt like a classic Marvel comic.
    Gutsen Glory is just a Cable copy so far. It would maybe be too obvious if he really is Cable.
    I don’t care about the America subplot that spoilers:
    hints at her losing her powers.
    end of spoilers
    And that ending could have used some punch. I was expecting a bigger surprise, considering this is Thunderbolts #1.

It annoyed me that Clint didn't know who Victor was. They were on New Avengers together and would absolutely know eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Really disappointed in how U.S. Agent was treated in this. I thought Clint and John put there crap behind them.
    Judging from Freefall, it doesn't seem like it...

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-01-2022 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Yeah, I was also disappointed. Both John and Tasky were just the punching bags of the new Thunderbolts team.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Judging from Freefall, it doesn't seem like it...

Clint doing that was to keep his secret..not because of any animosity between them.

I just read issue 1 of 2022's Thunderbolts...mainly because I was hoping for possibly a Moonstone appearance or tease or anything. But I had a good time reading it. There was some things I was certainly not up to date with the main one being spoilers:
    Why is Clint Barton not on speaking terms with the Avengers? That must have happened in a comic I haven't read yet, but I was surprised to hear that. I enjoyed seeing some old faces in the comic like Abomination, Taskmaster, and US Agent. Even if they were there to job. Also got a chuckle at Chavez's bullet "zits" after Taskmaster fired at her haha.
    end of spoilers

Clint doing that was to keep his secret..not because of any animosity between them.
    Thanks for the clarification. For what it's worth, the Busiek/Bagley version will always be my preference...