Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! Couldn't agree more!! Definitely, an all-time favorite moment (IMHO):

I've always wanted to see the Destiny War.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, you could make an entire Avengers line up of former villains! Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Black Widow, Wonder Man, Moondragon, etc. And Songbird!
    This is a great team right here. Thunderbolts or Avengers. I’d add this to my pull list in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I've always wanted to see the Destiny War.

Peace
    That's just the events of Avengers Forever. Janet remembers it, unlike most of the time displaced Avengers from that story (Hank Pym and Rick Jones being the only others who remember) which is why she tells Melissa there that she will remember in time.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's just the events of Avengers Forever. Janet remembers it, unlike most of the time displaced Avengers from that story (Hank Pym and Rick Jones being the only others who remember) which is why she tells Melissa there that she will remember in time.
    Yeah, I kind of mixed things up. What I really wanted to see was the battle against Oort the Living Comet and his Solar Squadron, that Songbird mentioned before being dragged into Avengers Forever, or, as you say, The Destiny War.

Peace

Jack was just resurrected.
    Jack of Hearts was resurrected back in 2011's Marvel Zombies Supreme. Which I really enjoyed at the time. I really hope Rowell doesn't forget that when the next issue of She-Hulk comes out. But she seems to be really good at doing research on the characters she uses, if Runaways was any example.

Zombies is AU. He was revealed to be back in last month's She-Hulk #1, he was dead until then.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

I'm pretty excited for Zub on bolts yet again. Like others have said Malin's low rent Lofeld art really dragged down Zub's last run, the saving grace was the small interlude of two issues where Sean Izaakse did the art and it was amazing. So to have Zub/Izaakse now on this mini really makes me stoked.

I think there's a bit of stuff being hidden from us on this run, especially with Gutsn' Glory being a new mysterious unknown patriotic character ala Citizen V(he's gotta be a supervillain's new alias), and I think people wondering where classic Bolts are will be happy once we actually read it. Zub is a sucker for the classic lineup and there's no way he doesn't pick up the cliffhanger from his last run of the fate of MACH X and Jolt, not to mention Zub, next to Ewing, is a continuity master who likes to pick up plot points of previous runs of the characters he's writing.

This run's reveal also explains why the Devil's Reign Thunderbolts series is called Villains For Hire, guess they didn't want to confuse readers with two different Thunderbolts minis so close to one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    I'm pretty excited for Zub on bolts yet again. Like others have said Malin's low rent Lofeld art really dragged down Zub's last run, the saving grace was the small interlude of two issues where Sean Izaakse did the art and it was amazing. So to have Zub/Izaakse now on this mini really makes me stoked.

I think there's a bit of stuff being hidden from us on this run, especially with Gutsn' Glory being a new mysterious unknown patriotic character ala Citizen V(he's gotta be a supervillain's new alias), and I think people wondering where classic Bolts are will be happy once we actually read it. Zub is a sucker for the classic lineup and there's no way he doesn't pick up the cliffhanger from his last run of the fate of MACH X and Jolt, not to mention Zub, next to Ewing, is a continuity master who likes to pick up plot points of previous runs of the characters he's writing.

This run's reveal also explains why the Devil's Reign Thunderbolts series is called Villains For Hire, guess they didn't want to confuse readers with two different Thunderbolts minis so close to one another.
    I remember years ago, when they pulled the rug out from under his first Tbolts run, I believe he stated on Twitter that he had pitched a follow up that wasn’t green lit. So while I think it’s far too late to really explore what he wanted to write at the time, I do agree that it’s a strong possibility that the dangling threads from his last run might get some form of closure.

Yeah, they basically said no and gave him Champions instead.

Zombies is AU. He was revealed to be back in last month's She-Hulk #1, he was dead until then.
    Nope, several of the later Marvel Zombies minis took place in 616. In fact, one of the Initiative characters introduced in Marvel Zombies Supreme is also appearing in the current Captain America/Iron Man mini, Pioneer. People have thought Jack of Hearts has been dead since Disassembled, but that is not correct.

I assumed she was from Avengers: The Initiative or one of the other Avengers books running at that time, considering she's from the 50 States Initiative.

And hold on, that Zombies Supreme book is from 2011... isn't that too late for new Initiative related stuff to be debuting? I thought that ended with Siege the previous year.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Nope, several of the later Marvel Zombies minis took place in 616. In fact, one of the Initiative characters introduced in Marvel Zombies Supreme is also appearing in the current Captain America/Iron Man mini, Pioneer. People have thought Jack of Hearts has been dead since Disassembled, but that is not correct.
    Yeah, I've said this in a few different threads. That mini was in the 616, taking place in Project Pegasus.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Great vid. Makes me extremely excited for this book, Zub's a class act.

And just for anyone wondering who isn't going to watch this interview, Zub mentions this iteration has a primary focus on the post-Devil's Reign landscape of NYC, but if the miniseries does well and he gets to make more, he has a story that connects to the 2016 series and the original lineup with the new group.

Bummed to see it’s just a mini-series!