Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I suppose with Zemo presumably a part of it, there are ways they could start with that premise and move it closer to the classic premise of Zemo having his own agenda for the team. But I'm not going to get my hopes up. As far as Feige is concerned, the definitive run of almost every comic is from the mid-2000s to the early 2010s.
    I can see Zemo hijacking the team for his own ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The Wrap says that Yelena is for sure in it
    Probably US Agent too.

The team wouldn't feel right without Songbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    The T-Bolts have never been as good as the original idea, once they became a Suicide Squad expy.
    So. Much. Truth.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Extraordinary Member

I love that at the end of the 12th issue of the original series, after the Thunderbolts help defeat Zemo, the "Next Issue" blurb ends with "See! We told you this wasn't a 12 issue limited series!"

In some ways the entire original series after that is sort of trying, very cleverly, to find one way after another of sustaining the series after the original premise has been wrapped up in those 12 issues. They can't go back to being villains, but if they ever actually succeeded in being a hero team, then they'd just be another hero team.

Well, Songbird at least succeeded. Jolt was never a villain and Hawkeye had reformed back when the modern superheroes were just emerging (fought Iron Man a couple of times then joined the Avengers). Mach also seems to have succeeded, and his old Beetle identity was later taken over by a woman.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Right, that's why I said "hero team" -- some of the characters were able to make the switch to full-fledged hero like Hawkeye and the other reformed-villain Avengers, and Songbird was established as early as "Avengers Forever" as being one of them. But particularly after Hawkeye joined, a lot of the comic was about the question of whether they could make the switch as a group and become a true, recognized hero team like the Avengers.

Songbird cameoed in The Marvels #12 today. Rescued some civilians using construct platforms.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Songbird cameoed in The Marvels #12 today. Rescued some civilians using construct platforms.
    Good on Busiek for remembering her! And for Melissa still being alive!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Indeed, that was a pleasant surprise.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wish she would become an Avengers mainstay. (She really should have been on the upcoming Thunderbolts team but oh well.)

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I wish she would become an Avengers mainstay. (She really should have been on the upcoming Thunderbolts team but oh well.)
    Same here .

Hello, I was just curious have Atlas and Moonstone from the Thunderbolts appeared in any comic lately? Last I saw of them was in War of the Realms.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Hello, I was just curious have Atlas and Moonstone from the Thunderbolts appeared in any comic lately? Last I saw of them was in War of the Realms.
    Moonstone was in a recent issue of Avengers Unlimited on the Marvel Unlimited app.

The apps seem to be getting all the good stuff. Thanks for the info. Any chance she'll enter a new Thunderbolts comic series?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    The apps seem to be getting all the good stuff. Thanks for the info. Any chance she'll enter a new Thunderbolts comic series?
    Hopefully, if this one does well enough in sales and reception, we'll get another one down the line that features more members of the original team, her included.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Bear in mind this new T-bolts series is Zub's second, and the first one used the classic roster, including Karla. I think he's said he'd like the two groups to team up if he gets an extension beyond the initial five issues?