Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

MONICA RAMBEAU!!! ...and some other people. I'm absolutely here for her.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Will give this a shot, too. Glad to see Kara Killgrave get some love and exposure and hopefully redemption. Would have stacked Thunderbolts more with ex-villains looking to turn over a new leaf, alongside Songbird and/or Mach-X with Hawkeye to lend (some more) legitimacy to this version of the Thunderbolts, in terms of the overall Thunderbolts legacy.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

We haven’t had a proper Tbolts ongoing in a while now, but whatever, I’m so content starved I’ll take it. Really wish it had any of the originals though. Zub being writer is cool since they killed his run before he even got a chance to find his stride last time. Speaking of, it’s been 5 years Zub, free Songbird from her Arctic prison, im on my knees begging here.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Its an interesting line up.
    Really wish Blue Marvel were there w. Monica. Seeing him and Hawkeye interacting would be great.

Pardon my ignorance but who's the seventh character on the cover? The little guy.

Also...Gutsen Glory?
    Truthfully including Blue Marvel would have been a chef's kiss. Especially considering that we have such a motley crew of characters. Adam gives them a science/tech element before we even get to the added muscle.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't like Clint's costume. It looks like they incorporating some elements of his classic costume into the black ops agent look he's had for a while and I absolutely hate it. Agent look may be generic but it's looks better than what I'm seeing right now.

I'm disappointed there are no villains in this line up. Doesn't feel like Thunderbolts without some reformed villains.

Who is the big guy?
    Please Remain Calm

Purple Girl became Persuasion in the pages of the original Alpha Flight comic years ago
    Please Remain Calm

Zub talks about it on his twitter:

https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/14...5Es2_&ref_url=

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't like Clint's costume. It looks like they incorporating some elements of his classic costume into the black ops agent look he's had for a while and I absolutely hate it. Agent look may be generic but it's looks better than what I'm seeing right now.

I'm disappointed there are no villains in this line up. Doesn't feel like Thunderbolts without some reformed villains.
    I think it's supposed to be based on his suit from the final episode of the Hawkeye series on Disney+. That said, do Hawkeye and Persuasion/Purple Girl count as reformed villains? After all, it was Hawkeye's background starting out as a criminal before becoming an Avenger in "Cap's Kooky Quartet" that led him to empathize with and relate to the original Thunderbolts, most of whom genuinely did want to be heroes after a while, thinking he could show them how to get there. Also, Purple Girl/Persuasion went villainous during the last Alpha Flight series in or around 2010, so there could be that as well.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I don’t care about PM, Chavez, or the new guy, but Monica & Persuasion is here, so am I. Although Persuasion doesn’t make sense. She’s a Canadian citizen, why would she become an agent of a New York sponsored team? Kinda sad Songbird’s not here, nor any villains who might want to reform. Honestly they should have snagged Titania & Absorbing Man.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I don’t care about PM, Chavez, or the new guy, but Monica & Persuasion is here, so am I. Although Persuasion doesn’t make sense. She’s a Canadian citizen, why would she become an agent of a New York sponsored team? Kinda sad Songbird’s not here, nor any villains who might want to reform. Honestly they should have snagged Titania & Absorbing Man.
    Titania and Absorbing Man would be great, ever since they moved in a less villainous/more heroic direction in recent years. The Thunderbolts would be perfect for them, and kind of full circle in light of them having previously been in the Masters (of Evil).

What was the last comic appearance or mention of Songbird?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    They kept that secret under wraps for almost a whole day!
    Really raises the question of what the point of those silhouette covers are when they just end up doing the entire reveal either that same day or a day later. Not gonna lie, this has got to be one of the most random Thunderbolt teams I’ve ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    What was the last comic appearance or mention of Songbird?
    At Billy and Teddy’s wedding.

Won't lie, I'm pretty underwhelmed by the reveal. It just feels like an Avengers spin off title. (Avengers West Coast, or Avengers A.I., etc.) Even the Daniel Way T-bolts run had a few characters that had begun as "villains" (Deadpool, Red Hulk, etc.) before becoming anti-heroes.

I kinda like Hawkeye's costume, but not enough to pick up the book.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think it's supposed to be based on his suit from the final episode of the Hawkeye series on Disney+. That said, do Hawkeye and Persuasion/Purple Girl count as reformed villains? After all, it was Hawkeye's background starting out as a criminal before becoming an Avenger in "Cap's Kooky Quartet" that led him to empathize with and relate to the original Thunderbolts, most of whom genuinely did want to be heroes after a while, thinking he could show them how to get there. Also, Purple Girl/Persuasion went villainous during the last Alpha Flight series in or around 2010, so there could be that as well.
    I don't count Hawkeye due how short his stint as a villain was. It's neat bit of trivia and nothing more.

Not familiar with Purple Girl. There's one former villain. There should be more.