Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Although Persuasion doesn’t make sense. She’s a Canadian citizen, why would she become an agent of a New York sponsored team?
    Given that this seems to be spinning out of DARK REIGN, I expect Kara's involvement with the team will be related to the role her relatives are playing in that story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    When it comes to original Thunderbolts....Helmut Zemo is still around but he's part of Hydra and was last seen grooming The Natural to be an heir for Hydra. Atlas was last seen in the tie-in for War of the Realms but he's quite indecisive as he switches sides easily and he sides with Zemo when he's there. Techno/Fixer was last seen in the Anti-Punisher Thunderbolts and he's quite treacherous. Abe Jenkins (a.k.a Mach-whatever) might be dead. Poor Songbird is stuck in the arctic. Moonstone was last seen as a staff of Ravencroft asylum. And lastly, Jolt is in Limbo as she was last seen kidnapped by Ghost after she was knocked into unconsciousness from Kobik's temper tantrum.
    You're right on most of those, but you've missed a couple of more recent appearances (easily done, since some of these were cameos).

Zemo is currently appearing in the SAVAGE SPIDER-MAN series, continuing his story from the NON-STOP SPIDER-MAN series.

Songbird was last seen as one of the guests at Wiccan and Hulkling's wedding reception, so she obviously made it back to civilization at some point.

Moonstone had a background cameo in the MODOK: HEAD GAMES miniseries, attending an auction for super-villains.

Atlas' most recent appearance was in the GWENPOOL STRIKES BACK miniseries -- Leah Williams gave him a small part there because she enjoyed writing him so much in the "War Of The Realms" tie-in GIANT-MAN mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of a weird assortment of people but Clint finally has a new costume.

He should wear a mask though.
    Couldn't agree more, especially about wearing a mask. I'd even settle for the D.I.Y. version (LOL):

I don’t care about PM, Chavez, or the new guy, but Monica & Persuasion is here, so am I. Although Persuasion doesn’t make sense. She’s a Canadian citizen, why would she become an agent of a New York sponsored team? Kinda sad Songbird’s not here, nor any villains who might want to reform. Honestly they should have snagged Titania & Absorbing Man.
    Titania was unavailable, she's part of She-Hulk's supporting cast. She is in fact reforming, Jen is using her as a sparring partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    At Billy and Teddy’s wedding.
    Yeah, because she was on Ewing's New Avengers alongside Wiccan and Hulkling. All of the Young Avengers and Ewing's New Avengers were there.

I think we have to assume Zub's unfinished plots from his previous Thunderbolts series were resolved off panel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Couldn't agree more, especially about wearing a mask. I'd even settle for the D.I.Y. version (LOL):

Personally I’ve never really been a fan of Hawkeye’s mask. I get that the inspiration comes from his circus roots but it’s one of those things that feels out of place in the 21st century. If he did have a mask, I’d pick something like he had in Avengers: United They Stand.

I don’t care about PM, Chavez, or the new guy, but Monica & Persuasion is here, so am I. Although Persuasion doesn’t make sense. She’s a Canadian citizen, why would she become an agent of a New York sponsored team? Kinda sad Songbird’s not here, nor any villains who might want to reform. Honestly they should have snagged Titania & Absorbing Man.
    Aren’t they still with gamma flight?

Kara was shown as living in New York back in Jessica Jones: Purple Daughter
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

As I've said, I'm on board solely on Hawkeye and Spectrum's presence, but I can't help but feel that it's such a generic premise to waste the Thunderbolts in. They say a twist may be on the way (the reknown heroes will actually work for villains?), but, let's see. Thunderbolts hardly ever were your typical super-hero team, I do hope that continues to be the case.

Peace

Certainly hope there is a twist. I like all of these characters. Clint sporting more of a superhero costume is cool as well. However, there's always been a hint of the villain in the Thunderbolts. Whether it was villains striving for redemption or acting as a Black Ops team or personal hit squad, Thunderbolts are not the same without having that villain element. As the situation stands now, this is a great team. A powerful one at that. However I could see them as a branch of the Avengers. I'm trying to understand how they are unique.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Ultimate Member

I'm a huge fan of Monica, America and Hawkguy, and I'm intrigued by seeing Kara Killgrave get to play a more heroic role, since people with mind control powers tend to get shoved into the villain slot, by dint of their sketchy powers, so this team largely appeals to my interests.

I kind of hope that Kara doesn't get to play the role of 'team traitor,' although it would be pretty dull if it turned out to be the new guy nobody's heard of...

(The only one I don't like is Power Man. His powers seem to be whatever the plot requires, and those sorts of powers bug me.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Personally I’ve never really been a fan of Hawkeye’s mask. I get that the inspiration comes from his circus roots but it’s one of those things that feels out of place in the 21st century. If he did have a mask, I’d pick something like he had in Avengers: United They Stand.
    As long as it's anything but those purple shades.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'm all for a twist, as long as it's not something silly like all of these characters being clones; or Beyonders/Skrulls/a new breed of symbiote shapeshifters disguised as these heroes; or an ultrapowerful cosmic character creating a new alternate Earth dimension featuring the Thunderbolts.

And one day Monica will be the single leader of the main Avengers team again, and not just the back-up co-leader.
    She took on Zeus herself, for God’s sake.

Hawkeye‘s uniform reminds me of Swordsman‘s (Andreas) during his T-Bolts stay.

Zub talks more about it on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/14...5Es1_&ref_url=

So the "redemption" angle comes from redeeming the Thunderbolts name.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Zub talks more about it on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/14...5Es1_&ref_url=

So the "redemption" angle comes from redeeming the Thunderbolts name.
    After how it was misused by Fisk as mayor and even earlier by Norman Osborn in the era following Civil War and going through Dark Reign . . . I could see that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.