Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dandy Ran The Aluminum Foot View Post
    We haven’t had a proper Tbolts ongoing in a while now, but whatever, I’m so content starved I’ll take it. Really wish it had any of the originals though. Zub being writer is cool since they killed his run before he even got a chance to find his stride last time. Speaking of, it’s been 5 years Zub, free Songbird from her Arctic prison, im on my knees begging here.
    I hated that run! It was a stealth Winter Soldier and Obnoxia the She-Clown series that only guest-starred the real Thunderbolts. Zub writing this mini is incentive enough to not buy it, he's a shitty writer.

It was the art that was bad about that run, not the writing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dandy Ran The Aluminum Foot View Post
    We haven’t had a proper Tbolts ongoing in a while now, but whatever, I’m so content starved I’ll take it. Really wish it had any of the originals though. Zub being writer is cool since they killed his run before he even got a chance to find his stride last time. Speaking of, it’s been 5 years Zub, free Songbird from her Arctic prison, im on my knees begging here.
    Songbird is actually fine since she was last seen at Billy and Teddy’s wedding reception. Sadly with her so tied to Thunderbolts, especially since they pulled her from the Avengers just to be put back just as the last book ends, there’s really not many opportunities for her to get use. Meanwhile we still don’t know Mach-X’s status since their arctic base exploded.

so who is the 'gremiln' character?

Actually, New Avengers ended, replaced by U.S.Avengers, and that freed up Melissa to rejoin the Bolts (the letters page of Thunderbolts even mentioned that Zub wanted to use her but had to wait). If another writer wanted her to be an Avenger again, there's no reason she wouldn't be allowed onto the team. Heck, she's still destined to be on an Avengers team alongside Wasp and Jack of Hearts, as per the original Avengers Forever... and Jack was just resurrected.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    That’s what I keep wondering. He looks like a cartoon character. I like some of the characters but most of them no. I will give it one issue. I’m already starting to like this less and less. Put the real Thunderbolts back on the team. At least a mixture of some of them with new characters.

Mighty Member

It is a new character, Zub said he will be showing up in issue 2

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It was the art that was bad about that run, not the writing.
    Yeah, John Malin's art was so awful that even thinking about it hurt my eyes.

Really excited for this Thunderbolts mini-series (surprised and pleased by Monica and Persuasion) and for more Jim Zub.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Probably someone created with the MCU in mind. But since Rocket, Pip the Troll and Grogu weren't available, they opted for someone new.

That Gremlin… he looks so familiar to me. An old character (mystic/monster/dwarf/alien) who probably appeared only once or twice?

His knee-long steel pants look so 90s villainously.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    That Gremlin… he looks so familiar to me. An old character (mystic/monster/dwarf/alien) who probably appeared only once or twice?

His knee-long steel pants look so 90s villainously.
    Wasn't he one of the monsters unleashed?🤔

Actually, New Avengers ended, replaced by U.S.Avengers, and that freed up Melissa to rejoin the Bolts (the letters page of Thunderbolts even mentioned that Zub wanted to use her but had to wait). If another writer wanted her to be an Avenger again, there's no reason she wouldn't be allowed onto the team. Heck, she's still destined to be on an Avengers team alongside Wasp and Jack of Hearts, as per the original Avengers Forever... and Jack was just resurrected.
    I'd take "destined" with a huge grain of salt. Just because one writer says something is "destined" to happen in the future doesn't mean any future writer is going to agree to make it happen. The way time travel works in the MU, all it takes is some writer or editor to say that that "destined" thing was just another alternate timeline or universe. I'm not saying Songbird isn't good enough to be an Avenger, but that writers after Busiek have made it plain that they're either not interested in making a member of their run on the Avengers -- or that they think she's not good enough.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    I'd take "destined" with a huge grain of salt. Just because one writer says something is "destined" to happen in the future doesn't mean any future writer is going to agree to make it happen. The way time travel works in the MU, all it takes is some writer or editor to say that that "destined" thing was just another alternate timeline or universe. I'm not saying Songbird isn't good enough to be an Avenger, but that writers after Busiek have made it plain that they're either not interested in making a member of their run on the Avengers -- or that they think she's not good enough.
    If it's the latter, that's a real shame, especially since the Avengers are far from strangers to members who started off villainous and redeemed themselves later --- some of them as Avengers, no less.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If it's the latter, that's a real shame, especially since the Avengers are far from strangers to members who started off villainous and redeemed themselves later --- some of them as Avengers, no less.
    Yeah, you could make an entire Avengers line up of former villains! Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Black Widow, Wonder Man, Moondragon, etc. And Songbird!

LOL! Couldn't agree more!! Definitely, an all-time favorite moment (IMHO):