Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Hopefully he looses the beard and the helmet too and gets a better helmet. The current one is just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if he loses a lot of the armor by the climax so we get a more comic-accurate look.
    Don't you mean you wouldn't be surprised if the next time Hawkman appears in a comic book we get a more movie-accurate look to him?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Don't you mean you wouldn't be surprised if the next time Hawkman appears in a comic book we get a more movie-accurate look to him?
    No, in the movie I'm expecting him to go shirtless at some point .

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

WOW, Hawkman had his own Hot Wheels car.

HawkmanHotWheels.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    WOW, Hawkman had his own Hot Wheels car.

HawkmanHotWheels.jpg
    The Hawkmobile .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Really? Nobody is going for the Hawkwheels dad joke?

Fine. I'll see myself out.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Really? Nobody is going for the Hawkwheels dad joke?

Fine. I'll see myself out.
    Have I...have I failed this thread ?

Have I...have I failed this thread ?
    As much as all of Seattle has failed this city according to it's wealthiest son over on the CW.
    May we never forget:

As much as all of Seattle has failed this city according to it's wealthiest son over on the CW.
    Star City or bust .

I see, Hawkman looks like Mr.T now so it conforms to the casting of a Hawkman movie?

Man I miss the days when multimedia casting had to conform to the traditional look of the character and not the other way around.

The profit loss on comics from free streaming and illegal bitorrent sites is a B! Wither the comic industry, hello to endless WB tv shows and films I guess.

Star City or bust .
    I'll die on that hill with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    I see, Hawkman looks like Mr.T now so it conforms to the casting of a Hawkman movie?

Man I miss the days when multimedia casting had to conform to the traditional look of the character and not the other way around.

The profit loss on comics from free streaming and illegal bitorrent sites is a B! Wither the comic industry, hello to endless WB tv shows and films I guess.
    He looks like he always has in the preview page to Dark Crisis #3. What's the problem?
    May we never forget:

Comics have been adapting to presentations in other media since Superman added Jimmy Olsen, Krptonite and the Daily Planet form the radio show and Batman added the Batcave form the serials, and comics have been chasing Hollywood success since Stan Lee left his position as publisher to go to Hollywood in the 70s, and when the Hulk TV show hit, the b&w Hulk mag changed story format to more emulate the show, so it's not something new to this age of media success, it's been in the fabric of comics since nearly the beginning, you'd think long term comic fans would understand this and be used to it by now.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Comics have been adapting to presentations in other media since Superman added Jimmy Olsen, Krptonite and the Daily Planet form the radio show and Batman added the Batcave form the serials, and comics have been chasing Hollywood success since Stan Lee left his position as publisher to go to Hollywood in the 70s, and when the Hulk TV show hit, the b&w Hulk mag changed story format to more emulate the show, so it's not something new to this age of media success, it's been in the fabric of comics since nearly the beginning, you'd think long term comic fans would understand this and be used to it by now.
    -M
    I don't know....Christopher Reeve pretty much looked like Clark Kent (as has every other Superman) since the first 1978 movie, as well the Batman movies.

They adhered first to what the character looked like in the comic, but now that one can arguably state that comics are living on borrowed time with free streaming and bitorrents it's the other way around.

He looks like he always has in the preview page to Dark Crisis #3. What's the problem?
    The problem is that I picked up Black Adam: Justice Society Files because I'm a Hawkman fan and I couldn't even recognize Carter Hall.

(Is that an alternate earth version of Hawkman? Whose this new guy in a Hawkman outfit? Is that a previous incarnation? Is he talking to Carter Hall on the intercom? What's all this talk about the movie version Hawkman? Oh wait, I think that might be Cater Hall??? Oh that is Cater Hall!)

WTF DC.

It's just a race-bent Carter in that comic.

Although he is leader of the JSA and I think he actually wears Michael's jacket in the movie...

(Is that an alternate earth version of Hawkman? Whose this new guy in a Hawkman outfit? Is that a previous incarnation? Is he talking to Carter Hall on the intercom? What's all this talk about the movie version Hawkman? Oh wait, I think that might be Cater Hall??? Oh that is Cater Hall!)

WTF DC.
    My problem with that is the lack of an explanation. I really don't care if Carter now ressembles more his Egyptian ancestry, and isn't anymore blond with blue eyes, or dark haired and dark eyed, or even with native American traits, as in the post-Zero Hour version. But I want to know the story behind those changes. He died again and reincarnated like this? He's been like this since the 40's? If not, since when? Is it Carter or Katar? Is there a difference anymore? As I've complained elsewhere (I think it was in the JSA thread), DC has just given us glimpses of the JSA, but they have not told us the STORY of the JSA's return (or even if it WAS a return). I fear that they themselves may not know it, and so, neither will we. Ever.

Peace