Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    The rumor that he's a "goofball" also has me worried. I really don't need a goofball Hawkman in my life.
    No one does!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    those wings are huge

reminds me of

Even the head gear looks heavy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Hath-Set is overrated anyway. :P

Wouldn't mind a Hawkman show with Shadow Thief, Matter Master or Copperhead as the villains.
    I like Byth -- even though he originated out of the Silver Age, but the three you mentioned are interesting -- though Shadow Thief seems to have fallen by the wayside ever since The Shade came into prominence.

I don't think it's a one-to-one comparison between Hawkman and Moon Knight, but I can see series about them having a similar vibes.

I guess you could easily spin a Layla-esque character as Hawkgirl.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I like Byth -- even though he originated out of the Silver Age, but the three you mentioned are interesting -- though Shadow Thief seems to have fallen by the wayside ever since The Shade came into prominence.
    Ironically they were both together in a recent arc in the last series.

Astonishing Member

I don't recall everything that happened in the last series, but it was the last ongoing I collected from DC.

Hawkman is my second favorite character (after the Flashes) and from what I see so far from the movie images doesn't interest me. I hope I am wrong and its good. But that could just be me...I haven't liked any movies DC has put out since the Dark Knight Trilogy.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I don't recall everything that happened in the last series, but it was the last ongoing I collected from DC.
    Cool! It was a good Hawkman run .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cool! It was a good Hawkman run .
    I enjoyed that run as well and would've loved for it to last longer. DC needs to channel more creative energy into the Hawks. I love that they can be apart of pretty much any type of story from Sci-Fi to Fantasy to Noir, the Hawks can do it all!
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I enjoyed that run as well and would've loved for it to last longer. DC needs to channel more creative energy into the Hawks. I love that they can be apart of pretty much any type of story from Sci-Fi to Fantasy to Noir, the Hawks can do it all!
    Agreed wholeheartedly .

Man that run just ended and I'm already itching for some more Hawkman....if it had lasted just a little longer I'm pretty there would have been some epic fight with Gentlemen Jim.

Astonishing Member

I didn't follow the Round Robin event too closely, but there was a book pitched with the Hawks and the debut of a character claiming to be their son named Hector (or close to it). It was probably the most interesting of the pitches I read. I'm still hurting from how Hector and Lyta were written out of the DC Universe -- allegedly because of problems with a Vertigo editor.

Hector was *my* Dr Fate and it's sad that nobody has ever tried to revive Lyta even after Steve/Diana pairing got a huge boost thanks to the movie.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I know he hasn't had too many animated appearances just yet; but what is your favorite version of animated Hawkman so far?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I know he hasn't had too many animated appearances just yet; but what is your favorite version of animated Hawkman so far?
    I'd say the one from The Batman since it's the only one besides DCAU (in which he was awful) with a decent amount of screen time .

I liked him a lot in JSA: WWII.