Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    My problem with that is the lack of an explanation. I really don't care if Carter now ressembles more his Egyptian ancestry, and isn't anymore blond with blue eyes, or dark haired and dark eyed, or even with native American traits, as in the post-Zero Hour version. But I want to know the story behind those changes. He died again and reincarnated like this? He's been like this since the 40's? If not, since when? Is it Carter or Katar? Is there a difference anymore? As I've complained elsewhere (I think it was in the JSA thread), DC has just given us glimpses of the JSA, but they have not told us the STORY of the JSA's return (or even if it WAS a return). I fear that they themselves may not know it, and so, neither will we. Ever.

Peace
    This is a completely separate continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's just a race-bent Carter in that comic.

Although he is leader of the JSA and I think he actually wears Michael's jacket in the movie...
    I see.

I don't mind a race bend if it makes sense (Personally if we go with the original origin story, I always thought Cater Hall could use a darker Egyptian skin pigmentation) but....

here it altered the appearance of the character too much, with the beard, and the heavier body mass.... I couldn't recognize the character.

but if it's just for that comic, it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    I don't know....Christopher Reeve pretty much looked like Clark Kent (as has every other Superman) since the first 1978 movie, as well the Batman movies.

They adhered first to what the character looked like in the comic, but now that one can arguably state that comics are living on borrowed time with free streaming and bitorrents it's the other way around.

The problem is that I picked up Black Adam: Justice Society Files because I'm a Hawkman fan and I couldn't even recognize Carter Hall.

(Is that an alternate earth version of Hawkman? Whose this new guy in a Hawkman outfit? Is that a previous incarnation? Is he talking to Carter Hall on the intercom? What's all this talk about the movie version Hawkman? Oh wait, I think that might be Cater Hall??? Oh that is Cater Hall!)

WTF DC.
    The Black Adam: Justice Society Files comics are working off of the Black Adam movie; they're not necessarily connected to the regular comic book continuity (at least not yet . . . who knows what DC may-or-may-not-do down the road, if anything).

It's just like the recent Earth-Prime: __________ six-issue series DC recently put out was based on the world in the DC shows they have on the CW TV network, not on the comic book versions themselves.

By the way, the Earth-Prime: Stargirl issue by James Robinson and Jerry Ordway that was released back in May was a great issue with a lot of referencing of the original Star-Spangled Kid and the original Seven Soldiers of Victory, but again is not "canon" in terms of the DC comic book universe.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    The Black Adam: Justice Society Files comics are working off of the Black Adam movie; they're not necessarily connected to the regular comic book continuity (at least not yet . . . who knows what DC may-or-may-not-do down the road, if anything).

It's just like the recent Earth-Prime: __________ six-issue series DC recently put out was based on the world in the DC shows they have on the CW TV network, not on the comic book versions themselves.

By the way, the Earth-Prime: Stargirl issue by James Robinson and Jerry Ordway that was released back in May was a great issue with a lot of referencing of the original Star-Spangled Kid and the original Seven Soldiers of Victory, but again is not "canon" in terms of the DC comic book universe.
    Ok thank you, that clears it up.

For whatever reason, I have never been a big fan of live action super hero movies, so I don't pay much attention to the multi media side of things unless it's a superhero cartoon movie.

Sounds good, I picked up the Geoff Johns Stargirl special a while back as I'm big on the Seven Soldiers of Victory, and as John Robinson is a living legend, I will probably look into that.

This is a completely separate continuity.
    That is exactly my point. What is this continuity and what does it entail? Ever since DC went on the "everything goes" mode I really can't make head over tails of anything. We never saw the story that connects everything. I read the last Hawkman series, but how does that connect with the current JSA? We've seen glimpses of "the returned" JSA at least 3 or 4 times now, but never the story. I don't have a problem with changes (at least not with many of them), but I want to see how they came to be, what is the logic behind them (if there is any). Now, some may say, you have to have paitience and wait for it, but it's been what, 4 years since Domsday Clock?

Peace

That is exactly my point. What is this continuity and what does it entail? Ever since DC went on the "everything goes" mode I really can't make head over tails of anything. We never saw the story that connects everything. I read the last Hawkman series, but how does that connect with the current JSA? We've seen glimpses of "the returned" JSA at least 3 or 4 times now, but never the story. I don't have a problem with changes (at least not with many of them), but I want to see how they came to be, what is the logic behind them (if there is any). Now, some may say, you have to have paitience and wait for it, but it's been what, 4 years since Domsday Clock?

Peace
    It's a tie-in to a movie coming out. I think that's relatively straightforward.

It's a tie-in to a movie coming out. I think that's relatively straightforward.
    Sorry, I thought we were also talking about the fact that the Hawkman that appeared with the JSA in Dark Crises also seemed to be darker-skinned. I appologize if that is not the case.

Peace

Sorry, I thought we were also talking about the fact that the Hawkman that appeared with the JSA in Dark Crises also seemed to be darker-skinned. I appologize if that is not the case.

Peace
    I think that's probably just the coloring.

I think that's probably just the coloring.
    Yeah, look for example at Cyclone, in the preview image of Dark Crisis she is still white. I think that maybe because Hawkman is so far in the image we don't see well the color of his skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Yeah, look for example at Cyclone, in the preview image of Dark Crisis she is still white. I think that maybe because Hawkman is so far in the image we don't see well the color of his skin.
    At worse, I think maybe we've got "Malibu Hawkman" here, but it's hard to say.
    Doesn't seem like they're changing Hawkman's race, though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    At worse, I think maybe we've got "Malibu Hawkman" here, but it's hard to say.
    Doesn't seem like they're changing Hawkman's race, though.
    That's interesting. Where's that from?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    That's interesting. Where's that from?
    Dark Crisis #3, I think.

Peace

Astonishing Member

Worst Dr. Fate costume -- ever! Is he in his PJs and house slippers?!