View Poll Results: After the undoing of the body swap you….

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remained a fan of Betsy in her Captain Britain mantle

21 19.63%
  • I’m a fan of Kwannon now

34 31.78%
  • Love both character and keep track on the 2 titles they show up

43 40.19%
  • I have never cares for either one

9 8.41%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default [POLL]For Betsy’s Fandom: After the undoing of the body swap you….

After Betsy returned to her original body and Kwannon was brought back as the Ninja Psylocke, have Betsy’s fandom migrated to Kwannon. Do you stay loyal to Elisabeth Braddock. Do you love both women? Never did and never will care for any of them?
    Last edited by crimsontt; 02-11-2022 at 11:19 AM.

I'm still a fan of Betsy and I'll follow her, no matter the body change. I connected with the choices the character made through the years, not the visuals only.

I started to like Kwannon with Hellions, but she still isn't the type of character I'm the most invested in right now.

I follow both but Kwannon is more my cup of tea in terms of personality

I have been a proponent of them switching back for a long time, long before they actually did it. That said, Tini's Captain Britain has done no favors to Betsy in Excalibur, while Kwannon has flourished in Hellions. I think Betsy would have benefited from staying in that cute pink/lavender look a bit longer to get her bearings again as a character before all the CB nonsense. Having her surrounded by other characters she was close to might also help(Warren, Ororo, Logan, etc). Principally get her away from Tini, though. And the CB mantle isn't really helping either, but maybe a different writer could make it work. Kwannon is definitely better off, out of the gate, though, which is good for her, but Betsy shouldn't be punished for the sins of the creators who put her in a difficult situation[for so long].

Last edited by yogaflame; 02-11-2022 at 11:43 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I actually like where both are right now. I'm not a fan of Tini's writing and execution of the concept, but I do like the idea of Betsy being more associated with the Captain Britain brand. i voted both but i don't think i'll pick up KoX That said, I wish they'd gone the Captain Avalon niche instead of co-opting her brothers mantle.

As for Kwannon, Hellions has been a god send but I feel like she still has untapped potential that could be further expanded upon more. Also just like Betsy, I think Kwannon still needs to develop her own visual identity separate from Psylocke during the 90s. (costume, color scheme, the whole works) It doesn't make sense to wear Betsy's hand me downs.

For branding sake it'll probably won't ever happen, but a new look would do a lot to help with that... in fact, the Marvel Voices variant was such a good opportunity.

The urban-punk look totally works with her, also I appreciate the red color scheme. I get heavy Mirrors Edge (2008) vibes from it.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 02-11-2022 at 12:03 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I remain a fan of CB Betsy.
    I'm also a huge fan of Kwannon, thanks to Hellions.
    And I did/will follow both in their respective books. I will be reading Marauders and giving KoX a taste (though I have misgivings)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I'm still a Betsy fan despite not liking her as Captain Britain (though it's more because of Howard's writing than the change itself). I don't particularly care for Kwannon. The badass ninja thing never did much for me so I don't have any reason to migrate.

I prefer Kwannon though even that’s not the same since it’s just the form but an entirely different personality. Betsy meanwhile, I’ve basically lost all interest in considering that rather than meeting people half way and giving aspects of both parts of her life, they doubled down on separating her from everything she’d been for almost 30 years and spread it to the expense of Brian by taking both his title and then having the entire reformed Captain Britain Corps be based on her just for good measure.

I could say I like both characters since I really liked Kwannon in Fallen Angels, but I haven't kept up with Hellions, cause even though I'm sure it's a great book from all the praise it gets, I just don't care about any of the characters besides Kwannon (and Madelyne if we're counting guests). Meanwhile I've followed Excalibur and unlike most actually enjoyed it and it's writing of Betsy, so I voted the first option.

I became a fan of Betsy bc of her personality and how she relates to her closed ones. I like characters who are kind of a mess. I love Jean. I love Rachel. I love Betsy. Never cared much for the ninja aesthetic personally.

I’ve always been a fan of fantasy characters with swords and armor and all of that. Characters like Utena and Saber (Fate) are favorites of mine so I’ve always liked Betsy’s armor from the Outback era. So, I was actually very happy to see her with her current aesthetics, although is totally understable that other fans don’t. I liked some of her looks in her ninja era like the one she wore in the all-women X-Men team, but I never liked the Jim Lee one (which is the famous one). Always felt extremely uncomfortable to me lol.

For years I wanted to see the swap undone. I never liked it and every time they insisted it was okey in comics, it always felt like gaslighting to me.

I was more invested in the character’s personality and journey. I liked Excalibur in general and is good to see the effort to expand this side of Betsy (Otherworld, her family, her history in Marvel UK). I will be following Knights of X.

I also like Kwannon, Hellions did a great job with her and her cameos in Excal were great. And the good thing is that I felt she is nothing like Bets (even Bets in her body felt very different), they both have distinct personalities. Is good to see that they came to an understanding too.
    Last edited by Starchilde; 02-11-2022 at 12:46 PM.

Ultimate Member

I'm not following to Kwannon but the Betsy that we have now is pretty much, outside of her family, a lot like an entirely new character...

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I have been a proponent of them switching back for a long time, long before they actually did it. That said, Tini's Captain Britain has done no favors to Betsy in Excalibur, while Kwannon has flourished in Hellions. I think Betsy would have benefited from staying in that cute pink/lavender look a bit longer to get her bearings again as a character before all the CB nonsense.

Indeed, she could have at least worn it long enough for Alan Davis to grace us with his version of that look. Hopefully someone will commission that from him at some point since he's the gold standard of Betsy Braddock.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

BANNED

I don't like the Captain Britain stuff at all.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I love both and will follow both in whichever titles feature them, but yeah, since the separation Betsy has gotten the short end of the stick; and it's not because she's Captain Britain now, it's because she needs a different writer.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I actually like where both are right now. I'm not a fan of Tini's writing and execution of the concept, but I do like the idea of Betsy being more associated with the Captain Britain brand. i voted both but i don't think i'll pick up KoX That said, I wish they'd gone the Captain Avalon niche instead of co-opting her brothers mantle.

As for Kwannon, Hellions has been a god send but I feel like she still has untapped potential that could be further expanded upon more. Also just like Betsy, I think Kwannon still needs to develop her own visual identity separate from Psylocke during the 90s. (costume, color scheme, the whole works) It doesn't make sense to wear Betsy's hand me downs.

For branding sake it'll probably won't ever happen, but a new look would do a lot to help with that... in fact, the Marvel Voices variant was such a good opportunity.
    I totally feel similar to you. I have always been a fan of Betsy and also love the idea of her being back in a body similar to what she had prior to the SP, but I feel like the X-Office fumbled with the execution of her returning to her body and processing it. And Tini's clumsy writing for most of Excalibur didn't do her any favors. It was the last arc that I felt old Betts re-emerging and I am looking forward to KoX.

I did enjoy Kwannon in Hellions a lot, but for someone who was SOOO violated by Betsy I find it extremely weird she keeps the bikinithong look as that is quintessential Betsy. She needs her own look, maybe less Revanche and more her Hand attire? I don't know I just think it's stupid and regressive to put her in that costume. I just feel like Kwannon needs more characterization for me and she hasn't got it yet for me.