View Poll Results: After the undoing of the body swap you….

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remained a fan of Betsy in her Captain Britain mantle

21 19.63%
  • I’m a fan of Kwannon now

34 31.78%
  • Love both character and keep track on the 2 titles they show up

43 40.19%
  • I have never cares for either one

9 8.41%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I remain a fan of CB Betsy.
    I'm also a huge fan of Kwannon, thanks to Hellions.
    And I did/will follow both in their respective books. I will be reading Marauders and giving KoX a taste (though I have misgivings)
    Co-signed. This is exactly where I am.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I continue to be a fan of Betsy...I haven't been impressed by the execution of her taking on the Captain Britain mantle.
    I am unconvinced that Kwannon needed to ever exist much less as an independent character if tptb finally decided to take Psylocke out of "Yellowface", but I'm happy to see that they are doing good things with the character. And I hope they don't inextricably keep her in Betsy's orbit forever.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Team Kwannon for life, baby!

I actually really enjoy Howard's interpretation of Betsy - I just don't like some of the plot points around will Britain/Otherworld accept a mutant Captain Britain.

Outback Betsy is one of my favourite characters of all time, but I also straight up didn't care about the character once the sexy ninja outfit happened. Outside of the odd run, like Claremont's run of Uncanny when she comes back to life and Remender's Uncanny X-Force I lost all interest in Besty until Mystery in Madripoor happened.

Whilst I don't really care about Kwannon so much still (mostly the ugly impractical costumes fault) I did love Hellions and this the most I've ever enjoyed her as a character.

Mighty Member

Always a fan of Betsy. We didn’t need Kwannon back, but Zeb did a great job in Hellions that I am invested in her. Do I think they should have changed names and moved Betsy to CB? No. Tini has done no favors and I see a regression from Betsy on some level. The Fallen Angels title did more harm then good for Kwannon. Zeb made her unique, confident and a character while FA made her condescending and unbearable for me.

I will always be a Betsy fan, but do away with this CB arc. It had potential, but it was poorly executed

I am really glad that they finally gave Kwannon her own agency as a person and gave her body back. It was very problematic to take the identity away from an Asian girl and have her entire existence taken over and controlled by a white Caucasian.

I love Kwannon as the new Psylocke
    and I love Betsy Braddock as the new Captain Britain (flirting with all the girls is fun too!)
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I liked Betsy well enough before the body swap, but I cannot tell a lie: the Kwannon merge took her to an entirely different level and I loved it. (I'll confess my sins and repent later.) So while I don't mind reading a book with Betsy/Captain Britain in it, the character that I really want to see in any book is Kwannon/Psylocke. In fact, I just stated something to that effect in the new Thunderbolts thread. I hope Marvel gives Kwannon a chance to catch on with another team outside of the X-universe.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

There is one option not there and that is for those who always liked Kwannon/ Revanche more than Psylocke/ Betsy.

I am one of those.

I liked the armored version of Betsy Psylocke in the Outback Times. Never liked her ninja in Japanese body version. Then Revanche came and i LOVED the character of Kwannon. Then Revanche died and later her body destroyed as well. I hated that.

Now Kwannon is back and got her old body back, loving it The only thing I do not like is that she took the Psylocke codename. She should have kept Revanche, or just Kwannon.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Ultimate Member

Again it was not a straight up bodyswap, the two bodies were melded together to be to identical bodies, part Betsy and part Kwannon, to the point where Logan viewed them both as having the same scent and the X-telepaths didn't notice any difference either...so the body that Kwannon is in now is partially her own and partially Betsy's English body...and Betsy made her new body up out of thin air with a power boost...

Ultimate Member

Thanks to Hellions, I am a huge fan of Kwannon now, but I still have no idea what her deal is.

She wasn't a mutant. *Maybe* weakly psychic sensitive? Hand Assassin.

Betsy's peanut butter got all up in her chocolate and she became telepathic, as sometimes (inconsistently) happens when a telepath mind enters a non-telepath body. (And sometimes it doesn't, like when Emma body-swapped with Storm, and Storm became a telepath and Emma had the weather control!) In any event, once the Betsy got flushed out of Kwannon's body, the telepathy should have gone with it.

And she *never* had an X-gene, but is being treated like a mutant, these days?

I feel like a story about a Kwannon who was maybe weakly psychically sensitive (quasi-reformed!) ninja assassin, not a mutant, not a telepath, but having to adjust to her new life as an ex-assassin who may or may not have pledged her soul to the demon Beast master of the Hand (will that ever come around to bite her shapely butt?), could be more interesting than Kwannon replaying the best-hits-of-Betsy-Braddock/mutant-telepath #73.

I always wanted both wolen to exist in their own bodies and I will follow them both regardless.

That being said, I think Kwannon got the better writer and is in stories that are more my cup of tea. I’m still a huge Betsy fan but wish she was handled with more aesthetic, power and character traits that would be more recognizable with the last 30 years of her. The Disassembled look and power set did that. I agree it should have stayed longer.

I loved when they were together in Excalibur and I hope for the future we see more of that. And I wouldn’t mind Kwannon with a more individual personalized aesthetic as well.
    A picture would last longer darling...

They seem committed to the change and the Psylocke brand a la the Asian Ninja is popular thanks to Jim Lee and has remained so......Im guessing they will flesh both out more. I don't think Chris Claremont expected the change to be as popular as it turned out to be....and to think Kwannon came about because the writer didn't do his homework prior.

I really like them both, but nothing yet has surpassed Psylocke from Uncanny X-Force (Remender)
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Not super keen on the Captain Britain role. Kwannon is starting to come into her own as a character, but it’s mega weird that she’s going by Betsy’s slave name, and awkward when she crops up in non-X books as though she was just the same character Jim Lee drew.

I'm a fan of both characters, Betsy more so since Kwannon as an independent entity is still a relatively new development, but the Krakoan era has been a lot better for Kwannon than it has for Betsy...the aftermath of the re-body swap was poorly handled. Why does Kwannon call herself Psylocke? Why is she still wearing Betsy's costume? Why haven't we had any of this addressed? They've barely even had panel time together. I'm not a fan of Excalibur and luckily it's the most irrelevant book to the new status quo so I don't feel the need to follow it. I'd like to read more of Betsy but Kwannon has been in better books so far.