Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

The Hysteries
    A team of super heroines taken from the time stream at the most mentally insane points in their lives by Gaea

"Will go down in HISTORY..."

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    The Hysteries

uff, shows the sexism in the depiction of powerful women in the Marvel comicbook universe. All three founding x-women of the X-Men canon are or have been mentally unstable........

also: I want that as a regular team in the x-books. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Where's the green dress? Wtf...
    lol

I also need a good shot of Jean's new costume drawn by Pepe Larraz ASAP! I think she will look absolutely breathtaking.

Mighty Member

This Captain Krakoa bit is really unnecessary. Synch becoming Jean is stretching it a bit. There must be a limitation to Synch's powers because he seems to be quite Omega level even more than Rogue.

Duggan's X-Men is just not for me. I hope there will be a new writer soon.
    Last edited by ericng; 02-12-2022 at 02:27 AM.

Synch was always a powerhouse; he's just been benched for decades, when he was a green kid. It's good that Hickman brought him back after all this time, even if I didn't really like that Vault story.

That said, Duggan's writing here is perfunctory at best. This run would be trash without the top notch art propping it up. Let Ewing take the reigns, Duggan can concentrate on Savage Avengers or whatever else he works on.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    The Hysteries

Mummified my teenage Jean

Yo, f*ck whatever that hysteries mess is, but I wanted to continue the Fall Out Boys joke lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    For what reason? Not like having a regular skeleton has been detrimental for her before and it’s not like having an adamantium skeleton has really helped Logan once the threats get big enough. Just look at their trips to Orchis’ base.
    I’d say not being able to have your limbs, including your head, cut off is a big advantage in combat. As well as the protection an adamantium rib cage versus a bone one offers your internal organs, in terms of allowing you to absorb/deflect damage without going down and keeping you in the fight.

If they want Laura to be the X-men’s Wolverine, it seems a logical progression to me as she can also survive having the metal bonded to her entire skeleton like Logan. And now apparently they have a pain-free way to do it, or at least I would assume so since Logan clearly submits himself to the process upon returning from death in the Krakoan Age. We’ve seen that Forge is the one who has the vat of adamantium in his workshop, but I would think that someone like Proteus just uses his powers to warp reality and bond some of the liquid metal in that vat to the skeleton instantaneously. Something like that. They haven’t actually shown how the process works, but at some point I hope they will.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    This Captain Krakoa bit is really unnecessary. Synch becoming Jean is stretching it a bit. There must be a limitation to Synch's powers because he seems to be quite Omega level even more than Rogue.

Duggan's X-Men is just not for me. I hope there will be a new writer soon.
    I mean isn't that the point? We're seening the emergence of a new Omega Level mutant in Synch it's a plot thread that's being carried over since Hickman's run.

But I mean he literally didn't do anything in this preview that was Omega Level he just synced up with Jean to use her tk and tp. And Jean herself has been training him to use her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’d say not being able to have your limbs, including your head, cut off is a big advantage in combat. As well as the protection an adamantium rib cage versus a bone one offers your internal organs, in terms of allowing you to absorb/deflect damage without going down and keeping you in the fight.

If they want Laura to be the X-men’s Wolverine, it seems a logical progression to me as she can also survive having the metal bonded to her entire skeleton like Logan. And now apparently they have a pain-free way to do it, or at least I would assume so since Logan clearly submits himself to the process upon returning from death in the Krakoan Age. We’ve seen that Forge is the one who has the vat of adamantium in his workshop, but I would think that someone like Proteus just uses his powers to warp reality and bond some of the liquid metal in that vat to the skeleton instantaneously. Something like that. They haven’t actually shown how the process works, but at some point I hope they will.
    Sans head, she can grow back her limbs; her body would be much heavier, her risk of dying from drowning is radically increased, and her healing factor would slowly become overwhelmed with poisoning from adamantium she can't remove, resulting in her eventual arduous death. It's only an advantage if viewing her a disposable weapon.

On a Meta level you want your derivative characters that have established a unique identity to retain what makes them unique.

Assuming the leap in logic that got to this discussion turns out to be true, then it is suggested to have happened during the cloning process.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 02-12-2022 at 08:23 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Why would Laura not be a strong swimmer after returning from the vault. She doesn't have a full adamantium skeleton, and her claws never seriously bothered her in the water before.

DUUUUUGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!

I feel like he's doing things just to spite you at this point. Considering the dress comments he made, that could be a genuine possibility lol

Giving her the full skeleton treatment is weird. Like she could be a berserker when needed, but she's more of an agile fighter, a rogue. Wouldn't the metal weigh her down and force her to change her strategy?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Attachment 118290

Also were logans bones denser then normal. I assume laura gradually became more durably
    Thanks for posting. Where is this from?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Yep...

The whole "Omniscient..."/"Omnipotent..." bit just keeps getting the legs kicked out from under it by what is actually on the page.
    Maybe sharing that spot with KidO has something to do with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Sans head, she can grow back her limbs; her body would be much heavier, her risk of dying from drowning is radically increased, and her healing factor would slowly become overwhelmed with poisoning from adamantium she can't remove, resulting in her eventual arduous death. It's only an advantage if viewing her a disposable weapon.

On a Meta level you want your derivative characters that have established a unique identity to retain what makes them unique.

Assuming the leap in logic that got to this discussion turns out to be true, then it is suggested to have happened during the cloning process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I feel like he's doing things just to spite you at this point. Considering the dress comments he made, that could be a genuine possibility lol

Giving her the full skeleton treatment is weird. Like she could be a berserker when needed, but she's more of an agile fighter, a rogue. Wouldn't the metal weigh her down and force her to change her strategy?
    This b.s. regarding Logan not being able to swim or afraid of the water is pretty new. Jason Aaron came up with that to the best of my recollection. Prior to his Wolverine: Weapon X run Logan swam just fine, especially in the Claremont years where it was established he was a good swimmer and could hold his breath for a really long time. See the issues where he fought Tiger Shark (who pinned him to a coral reef with his claws actually) as well as numerous actual sharks for details. Hell, he used to dive in off a boat and wrestle a damn shark, kill it, then throw it up on the boat’s deck for supper back in the day. This being during the Claremont/Buscema days on his solo book.

He’s also quite agile as demonstrated in the countless times he’s fought bigger, stronger opponents including the Hulk and Wendigo. Basically his healing factor allowed his musculature to adapt to the added weight just fine. The adamantium really does nothing except make him more durable, albeit his healing factor does work a little slower since it has to compensate for the poisonous effects of the metal on his system.

Regardless, in terms of the point about wanting your derivative characters that have established a unique identity to retain what makes them unique, I get that. But they also insist on making her “Wolverine” so in my view this would be a logical progression. If anything they should make a status quo change to Logan that warrants it honestly, and he should just pass the mantle as I don’t think his character needs it. Certainly not to maintain his popularity, as has been proven in times where he didn’t have any adamantium at all and/or when he didn’t even go by Wolverine (i.e., when he was replaced by Old Man Logan in the present day 616 timeline). But I might be alone in that view honestly…

… my take would’ve been to have Logan ditch both the adamantium and the codename. Just go by Logan. Him wearing the stealthier brown/tan costume and running the mutant CIA lends itself to this status quo shift too, in that he kind of becomes the Krakoan version of Nick Fury while Laura becomes the more super heroic Wolverine of the X-men complete with indestructible skeleton and yellow and black costume (maybe throw some blue accents in there too to really drive the point home). Logan meanwhile employs other weapons besides just his bone claws, which he still has in a pinch. Make it mission specific, but I can seem him using crossbows, swords (his Muramasa blade), throwing knives and the like just as he did back in the 80s regularly. Again, to me the best Wolverine was 80s Wolverine, so this forces him back into that mold. Hell, I could even see him getting a techno-organic suit from Doug Ramsey or something. Like the Omega Wolverine is currently sporting in X Deaths of Wolverine, which allows him to interface with machines and hack into various systems and whatnot. Another tool in his toolkit, so to speak. Stuff like that would be cool to see rather than the same old status quo. Again, though, that’s probably just me…

Sooo...how bad do we think MODOK going to be jobbed here? Although it is MODOK, i mean has he done anything that makes him a credible threat to warrant his presence here? Or is just another case like with High Evolutionary and Nightmare where they bring in a villain for a single issue, job them and them we crack on?

Also, Laura's presence and commentary here just continues to baffle me.

About the only thing i see here that interest me is that Cyclops sounds like he is getting more frustrated with his situation as Captain Krakoa, which i am hoping is further evidence of a major shake up with the QC in the coming issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This b.s. regarding Logan not being able to swim or afraid of the water is pretty new. Jason Aaron came up with that to the best of my recollection. Prior to his Wolverine: Weapon X run Logan swam just fine, especially in the Claremont years where it was established he was a good swimmer and could hold his breath for a really long time. See the issues where he fought Tiger Shark (who pinned him to a coral reef with his claws actually) as well as numerous actual sharks for details. Hell, he used to dive in off a boat and wrestle a damn shark, kill it, then throw it up on the boat’s deck for supper back in the day. This being during the Claremont/Buscema days on his solo book.

He’s also quite agile as demonstrated in the countless times he’s fought bigger, stronger opponents including the Hulk and Wendigo. Basically his healing factor allowed his musculature to adapt to the added weight just fine. The adamantium really does nothing except make him more durable, albeit his healing factor does work a little slower since it has to compensate for the poisonous effects of the metal on his system.

Regardless, in terms of the point about wanting your derivative characters that have established a unique identity to retain what makes them unique, I get that. But they also insist on making her “Wolverine” so in my view this would be a logical progression. If anything they should make a status quo change to Logan that warrants it honestly, and he should just pass the mantle as I don’t think his character needs it. Certainly not to maintain his popularity, as has been proven in times where he didn’t have any adamantium at all and/or when he didn’t even go by Wolverine (i.e., when he was replaced by Old Man Logan in the present day 616 timeline). But I might be alone in that view honestly…

… my take would’ve been to have Logan ditch both the adamantium and the codename. Just go by Logan. Him wearing the stealthier brown/tan costume and running the mutant CIA lends itself to this status quo shift too, in that he kind of becomes the Krakoan version of Nick Fury while Laura becomes the more super heroic Wolverine of the X-men complete with indestructible skeleton and yellow and black costume (maybe throw some blue accents in there too to really drive the point home). Logan meanwhile employs other weapons besides just his bone claws, which he still has in a pinch. Make it mission specific, but I can seem him using crossbows, swords (his Muramasa blade), throwing knives and the like just as he did back in the 80s regularly. Again, to me the best Wolverine was 80s Wolverine, so this forces him back into that mold. Hell, I could even see him getting a techno-organic suit from Doug Ramsey or something. Like the Omega Wolverine is currently sporting in X Deaths of Wolverine, which allows him to interface with machines and hack into various systems and whatnot. Another tool in his toolkit, so to speak. Stuff like that would be cool to see rather than the same old status quo. Again, though, that’s probably just me…
    Laura has never looked good in the black and yellow. Her best costume as Wolverine continues to be the black and gray armored variation (which also makes up for the lack of adamantium on its own). Wolverine is just a code name. It doesn't have a personality. It doesn't have a philosophy. Just because Laura is USING the name doesn't means she shouldn't still be herself. It doesn't mean she should be dealing with an amnesia plot "just because." It doesn't mean she needs the full adamantium treatment "just because." LAURA should be the one defining the name, NOT the other way around.