Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    re: big hero 6.

"we have nothing for you. nope. sorry, nothing ever again" LOL
    Again, A truly bad excuse on Marvel's part. They don't want to confused the filmgoers is a Bunch of BULL. What's going to happen when people learn the truth about this movie being based upon the Marvel comic of the same name and the film became popular since it's a Disney film ?

Sure seems like a wasted opportunity not to have any tie-in material for Big Hero 6. Of course Disney's version is quite different from Marvel's, but couldn't they publish a new series or graphic novel based on the Disney movie, set apart from the regular Marvel Universe? Wouldn't that kind of cross-media synergy be the whole point if them acquiring Marvel and adapting one of their properties?

Or is it that Disney doesn't want Marvel adapting their properties? Do they not have faith in comic books as a medium worth getting more attention to? I would have expected to see something from Frozen or The Incredibles already. I'm just completely bewildered by this...

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Agreed/ The Spider woman cover wasnt even half as offensive as others on the stands right now....yet we haven't seen an outrage as big towards them. Its like the new SAGA cover.. a non-issue

If that were baby deadpool...it wouldnt offend as much..would it? and I hate to say it but if Milo Manara were a woman it wouldn't have been a news story...they would say how she was celebrating the female form,
    Why would anyone make a fuss about a baby breastfeeding?

If Marvel even did something related to Big Hero 6 it would probably be like the Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spider-Man tie-in books. Do you guys really read those cause its for that audience that movie is for.
    We need better comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    If Marvel even did something related to Big Hero 6 it would probably be like the Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spider-Man tie-in books. Do you guys really read those cause its for that audience that movie is for.
    I'd like a collection of the non-Claremont stuff, the original mini with Sunfire's and their debut in Alpha Flight was great

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
    Why would anyone make a fuss about a baby breastfeeding?
    For the same reason someone would have a problem with a woman bending over.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Widow is still in good shape. But the easiest thing to do as tsaimelemoni posted was to launch more books. Easy headlines and more proof for their bullet points about how they're trying to diversify.
    There are some books that they keep around despite lower sales. At times X-Factor has dipped into that cancelation level of sales. As long as they're not taking a loss on a title financially it might pay off to keep certain books that we all know aren't going to sell as well as most titles to help build a fan-base. A lot of fans avoid books when they know they might not last because who likes to become a fan of a title only to have that title be canceled within 6 months or a year? It might pay to just keep rebooting a title as well. I never understood why Black Widow wasn't launched when Avengers came out. Titles like Black Panther, Defenders, Alpha Flight (not current titles but books that come and go pretty often) and others have a cult fan-base. I think if they accepted lower sales Marvel might win by keeping fans around who might not otherwise buy a Marvel title.

I also think if Marvel tied some of these titles into the core of the 616, make them important and matter in Events then they will get that rub and fans might notice the title more. Or link them to big brands like Avengers or X-Men or even both (like Alpha Flight who had connections to Avengers when U.S Agent and Arachne/Spider-Woman was members of Omega Flight and obviously their connection with X-Men have them work with S.H.I.E.L.D and have Nick Fury Jr/Maria Hill/Phil Coulson make appearances on a regular basis depending on missions). Fans know when a title has the full support of the big-shots at a company or not. Promotion, tying the title to Events (and yeah a creative team can opt in or opt out but really a good way to get a title to stick around is to make them important which means including them in events and making them important, look at Nova from AvX and Original Sin) Nova usually doesn't last long but fans can tell Marvel is now supporting the Cosmic line. Black Widow should be under the Avengers Brand. Something like Avengers Presents: Black Widow. Not that Avengers always brings sales to a title like Avengers A.I or Avengers Undercover but it can help and doesn't hurt. Or else Marvel can go the other route. Do these lesser selling titles on a yearly basis - each year represents a new Volume of a title 2014 Black Widow Volume 1, 2015 Black Widow Volume 2 (with new #1-#12 getting that yearly bump from a new #1) and so forth with each year moving on to a new Volume.

Not criticizing Marvel at all. I'm loving their attempt at diversifying their line from Mighty Avengers to Ms Marvel, Captain Marvel, Black Widow, She-Hulk, Storm, Nova, Guardians of the Galaxy and other titles that might not have had a chance a couple years ago. Still would love an Alpha Flight title. Black Panther. Defenders etc but I also understand the hesitancy when those titles don't sell well for long. It'd be nice when the shows for Defenders and others finally do come to Netflix if they do commercials to promote the comics. Imagine seeing the show and a commercial promoting the comic with a new #1 of that title. How many fans would give Daredevil a chance if they see that there is a new Daredevil title they can start with at the time the show premieres (and yes reboot the numbering so those "new" fans aren't overwhelmed by continuity). Just like when they "kill" characters and bring them back the next time a movie comes out featuring that character like Peter Parker came back when Amazing Spider-Man 2 came out.

BANNED

So I guess Cho might lead a new teen team.

All-New Member

" Yeah, we're going to a Wolverine-free zone. He's dead. People complained there was too much Wolverine. We listened! [Laughs] "

It's great and all to listen to fans but I don't think anyone meant for the removal of Wolverine all together. Just remove him from the half of the 24 books he is in a month and that would have settled it. It is too obvious the stunt they are trying to pull by "killing" Wolverine and then riding that wave of his death (The Logan Legacy and Weapon X Program) until the inevitable return of Logan sporting a fresh new Wolverine #1. AND I so very much hope they will cancel "Wolverine and the X-Men" and just release it again as "The Jean Grey School" as Wolverine has been the least exciting part of that series... But Wolverine does sell... unfortunately.

BANNED

But Wolverine wont be gone..it looks like he will be mentioned, for a year. Unlike captain America who's death ushered in Barne's Cap/ nothing will fill the void so we will get to hear every character eulogize over a loner who had no interpersonal relationships with male characters and slept or tried to sleep with every woman he's ever known/ LOL

End of Friday rant...lets party.

"We apologies, we're sorry, we respect you, we're sorry, apologies... oh, but we'll use this erotica artist again, tots". Ah! So... didn't "really" understand the underlying problems then (perfectly highlighted in Kelly Thompson's blog). Good. To. Know. smh

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    "We apologies, we're sorry, we respect you, we're sorry, apologies... oh, but we'll use this erotica artist again, tots". Ah! So... didn't "really" understand the underlying problems then (perfectly highlighted in Kelly Thompson's blog). Good. To. Know. smh
    Not to mention that he acts as if the Manara cover is the only problem with the art in that book. "It's not the regular cover, so it's okay". Has he seen the regular cover? Geez. Was CBR not allowed to ask about Land?

BANNED

I don't think that cover is offensive, it's just shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Not to mention that he acts as if the Manara cover is the only problem with the art in that book. "It's not the regular cover, so it's okay". Has he seen the regular cover? Geez. Was CBR not allowed to ask about Land?
    Oh god, THIS!!! Both Axel and Hopeless keep saying how the content INSIDE won't reflect the message of Manara's cover... have either of them never heard of the controversy surround Greg Land or... you know... looked at his pictures???

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    With the many complaints against Greg Land over the past couple of years, it's a mystery why Marvel still hires him ?