Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Anyone that says smoking cigarettes' is a disgusting habit has never been around with someone that chews tobacco. When I was in the army, these guys would walk around with a bottle of their spit. I did try it. Couldn't see what's so great about it.
    Tried it about 2-3 times in the Marines. Meh.

Now, many, many years later I smoke cigars. Living in a northeast makes that a spring/summer activity. Cigars paired with strong coffee or a drink/whiskey makes for a splendid afternoon/evening.

I'm closing in on retirement/moving south this year. I fully expect my cigar habit to increase exponentially. Probably will be coincide with my pool/beach time.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

Were all coming to terms with these changes. But now the very heart of the south has been hit. The very ESSENCE OF AMERICANA is at stake. Like a dagger in the hearts of us country men.

RED MAN...IS NO MORE.

In the south were all having a day of grieving at the very loss of Red Man Chewing tobacco. That tobacco was our life blood and were all expected to hang flags at half mast today on the loss of that chewing tobacco. No idea how we will handle this.

In the south we don't feel like its America's Best Chew right now. Our hearts have gone. Our iconic Red Man Tobacco is changed forever !

(cue sad violin fade out...as i spit tobacco...one last time)
    I feel ya, brother.
    I remember my first time trying Red Man back in ‘91 courtesy of a big ol’ country boy I hung out w. in AIT. He taught me how to chew tobacco and I taught him how to bowl.

Cobra Commander as Washington though?
    Pure genius!

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    . . . He taught me how to chew tobacco and I taught him how to bowl.
    I remember taking Bowling as a Phys Ed class in my freshman year at Penn State back in the day. At 8:00 a.m. twice a week (for a +/-2 hour class), and it took about 15 minutes to walk from my dorm to the building where we had the class.

At my high school in California, this was one of the "chaws" preferred by the cowboy types. But I also saw Copenhagen being used a lot. So is it pretty strong? I haven't done any chaw in a long, long time and that was just a try or two.

Apparently the Swedish company who makes it came about this decision after reaching out on their own to Native Americans and getting their opinion. Kind of a refreshing thing to hear, a company being proactive in a matter like this.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Haven't we all done this at some point ? lol
    Nope! Not me.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, since I haven't used chewing tobacco, and I've never had Mountain Dew (I'm not a soda drinker), the answer would be . . . no, I never have.
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I have to say no. i have never used Chewing Tobacco lol
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Nope! Not me.

You haven't lived til you get disgusted at what you just did then. To sit and try to wash the taste away. It makes you see life in a whole other way.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

You haven't lived til you get disgusted at what you just did then. To sit and try to wash the taste away. It makes you see life in a whole other way.
    No thanks, I'll pass on that offer.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!