View Poll Results: Are you expecting DARK CRISIS to be a fun read?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, it's going to be a dreadful bore.

33 48.53%
  • Yeah, it's going to be a gas!

35 51.47%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default Are you expecting DARK CRISIS to be a fun read?

Expectations?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

It's not that I expect it to be a dreadful bore, but I am so over and done with the death of everything from DC. Wonder Woman just came back from being dead oh but wait...we are going to kill her again! Doesn't anyone know how to write a good story without killing someone??

I mean it’s a story by a writer I like, with an artist I like, with characters I enjoy reading...so yeah I’m expecting this to be a pretty good time.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

So for me, there is no finality to any of this crap. we all know the best heroes DC has to offer are not going to stay dead. This is all just a cash grab and it probably won't have any lasting consequences

Neither of those choices really express my feelings on this . . .

Very excited!

I wasnt particularly excited for Metal but then pleasantly surprised. Death Metal I was more interested and ended up really loving the build up and the event.

But this. This right out of the gate is so exciting

Williamson has set things up with Infinite Frontier era and he's got a great story to tell us and a real plan!

Williamson is a good writer. And Conner doesn't have a big role. So yes!

Astonishing Member

I am totally uninterested in DC's changing / explaining its "continuity" yet again, and I also have no into their adding still more layers of meta-meta-meta-meta...verses. Enough's enough. Now just take the characters you have and tell some interesting stories with them. Not everything in every comic book has to have cosmic implications, you know.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

It's about legacy, and so am I. ��
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

It's getting to the point where comics aren't fun anymore.

They've turned the dial up to 11 so often that I can't tell what really should be loud. How many times can you kill a Darkseid before he actually stays dead? Why is it everytime we reach the top of the foodchain in the DCU we find it's just another lackey to someone higher up that fod chain?

Worlds will live. Worlds will die. But the writers will revive the dead worlds and kill the ones that live.

Don't like our continuity- just wait a month.

Anyone remember when characters actually had lives that involved more than cosmic threats?

Astonishing Member

I think it'll be... interesting. It could go either way and we won't know until it's out. But personally? I am just over these events. From both of the big two. They've stopped being exciting for me because, as soon as one is done, we are already heading into the next one.

I'm looking forward to it. Williamson always does solid work and the variety of characters on display is awesome.

a good story is a good story event or not doesn't matter. What matters is the story. That's why we read right?

Every one of us here doesn't expect whatever happens that this is going to be the last event/Crisis.

We know DC. We know comics. Why are people dunking on this event that hasn't even started?

I love reading comics but honestly sometimes comic fans make me wish I'd never picked up the hobby. Such a downer.

It's possible. It's clearly a cash grab but it can be a fun cash grab as long as they stick to what they said in the press release and make it about the relationships between the different legacy characters and not try to make it another edgy doom and gloom fest.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

For all its many faults, Metal and Death Metal were always fun. I expect Dark Crisis will deliver enough thrills to make it worth the ride.

I am, however, hoping for a more satisfying conclusion than what Death Metal got.

Not excited, as I'm tired of all these big change events that will change everything and don't let readers get used to the new status quo.