Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Jonothon Starsmore Chamber Appreciation 2022

Jeez what the heck is up with the Chamber fans that we expect someone else to make the thread. C’mon people. I’m trying to be lazy here.

I think we’re the most like the character since we don’t do something until it has to be done. Jeez.

Anyway, here’s hoping that next time Jono show’s up he’s in character and drawn well!

Also we have Pav doing the Lord’s work, I don’t know what else we could ask for.

Previous appreciation thread in case anyone is interested.

Who thinks Jono is once again going to have a lot of dropped plot threads in his latest showing in Legion of X?
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Yes, I did steal that picture from tumblr. You’re welcome, folks.

Hoping to at least be satisfied with any future stories. Just happy he’s gonna be showing up somewhere!

Essential Reading
    You know, for all you writers who don’t know where to start

* Generation Vol 1 - In general if you’re looking for continuous appearances.
    - Issues 1-25, Written by Scott Lobdell; Chamber’s creator (along with Chris Bachalo) gives a good sense of how Jono was when introduced and of his powers.
    - Generation X Vol 1 Annual 1997
    - Generation X Annual Vol 1 1998 - a great showing of Dracula being a creeper but man is this one good.

* Marvel Team-Up Vol 2 #1 - Skin, Husk, and Chamber work with Spider-Man and save the day. Yay!

* Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 - Joins the X-Men.
    - Issues 395-409
    - Uncanny X-Men Annual Vol 1 2001

* Icons: Chamber - the writer says some weird things about Jono smelling like sulfur, but I call bull. When has it been said that psionic powers smell like farts? Tell me! TELL ME! *GASP* wait I just solved it… brain farts!

* Weapon X Vol 2 - 15-20

* Generation M Vol 1 #1 - Depowered

* New Excalibur Vol 1 #9 - lol What a wacky family! Anyway, Jono becomes a mini Apocalypse.
    - BONUS: X-Men: Apocalypse vs. Dracula Vol 1 - Jono doesn’t appear, but it does help to make sense of things.

* New Warriors Vol 4 - 7 & 9 - This is best for Jono/Jubilee interaction. The plot’s just bad. Like super bad.

Age of X
    Thanks to the AMAZING Mike Carey, all was set right in the world and Jono became repowered, much to his dismay.
    - Age of X: Alpha Vol 1 #1
    - New Mutants Vol 3 #22
    - Age of X: Universe Vol 1 #1 - Spurrier writes the best Jono.
    - New Mutants Vol 3 #24
    - X-Men: Legacy Vol 1 #248 - Does not appear but he is referred to as potentially suicidal.

After Age of X, a lot of mutants chose to have those memories repressed. I’m thinking since Jono was basically rewritten by Legion, he probably kept those memories.

- X-Men: Legacy Vol 1 - 264, 265

- X-Men Vol 3 - 40, 41

- X-Men Legacy Vol 2 - 2-4, 11-14

- Generation X Vol 2 - 4, 7, 9, 85-87 - Good run for Jono/Jubilee interaction. Technically, Jono appears in almost every issue. You can actually read the whole run, but these seem to be the important issues.

- Uncanny X-Men Vol 5 - 11, 14, 18 - The plot is bad for this one too.

- New Mutants Vol 4 - 1, 2, 5, 7 - Very ooc on Jono’s part, but establishes that he decided to stay on Krakoa.

Essential Reading in Regards to Jono’s Powers

-Place holder for Specific Gen X issues

* Generation X Vol 1 Annual 1997 - Chamber freakin’ blows himself up and reforms his body. Not to mention the psychic skills he shows overall in the issue. I cannot stress this enough.

* Marvel Team-Up Vol 2 #1 - Chamber uses his powers to amplify Spider-Man’s Spidey-sense.

-Place holder for Uncanny X-Men issues-
    * Uncanny X-Men Annual Vol 1 2001

Also, some fabulous person made a listing of Jono’s appearances by where he was a main character or a cameo. It is what we suspected all along.

AU Appearances
    Because ha ha
    Last edited by Rufio; 03-10-2022 at 06:16 PM. Reason: I am the thread mastah!
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;

LOL! It's about time. Hoping 2022 will be AWESOME for Jono

Thanks for starting a thread Rufio. My IPs been banned (don't know why ;_ so I'm not around as much, much like Jono in the comics lol. But yay for more Si Chamber. Please Si pick up some threads, or have a wee Gen X meeting, or is he single now, better costume ect? I just hope he gets some sort of story though it looks like he's not going to be a full time member. But fingers crossed he's no longer a where's Wally? Character. To be found in the background.

I come with fan art. More from littleststarfighter on Tumblr. Their Jono tag has more https://littleststarfighter.tumblr.c...on%20starsmore

tumblr_eba9a48df641967883a1f838a12becde_d6888e14_1280.jpg

tumblr_ecd87a2d702f83af5706c4c1368cd8cd_c80af7ed_1280.jpg

So happy to see he still gets awesome fanart.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! It's about time. Hoping 2022 will be AWESOME for Jono

[img][/img]
    I think we were all secretly hoping someone else was gonna do it. XD

I do too! He has such a great design and he’s a great character. He makes some fun wallpaper, but I want more stories for the guy. Hopefully 2022 is a good year for us!

Quote Originally Posted by Salemdelight View Post
    Thanks for starting a thread Rufio. My IPs been banned (don't know why ;_ so I'm not around as much, much like Jono in the comics lol. But yay for more Si Chamber. Please Si pick up some threads, or have a wee Gen X meeting, or is he single now, better costume ect? I just hope he gets some sort of story though it looks like he's not going to be a full time member. But fingers crossed he's no longer a where's Wally? Character. To be found in the background.

I come with fan art. More from littleststarfighter on Tumblr. Their Jono tag has more https://littleststarfighter.tumblr.c...on%20starsmore

So happy to see he still gets awesome fanart.
    What?! Your IP is banned? You’re forgiven then. You’re probably too pure for this world. lol

See? We’re just like the character!

Yes, Si, please give us a better costume! And resolve some things for us! You’re a fan, aren’t you?! Dx

Jono makes the best seek-and-find character. You never know what he’s gonna be doing! Is he in the background brooding? Or maybe he’s a bartender?

We love you littlestarfighter! We don’t know who you are but we appreciate your awesome fan art! Thanks for sharing, Salem!
    Last edited by Rufio; 02-13-2022 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Look at that handsome mutant.

Stealing this from the interview thread. Jono’s latest Where’s Waldo appearance. :P
    Last edited by Rufio; 02-13-2022 at 10:58 PM.

yeah thanks for the thread. Ive been unable to post due to lack of time being a caretaker now I only find time just to stop by a couple times a week and check to see if there's anything new. What happened to the old app thread? Are we now supposed to make new app threads every year?

Saw this on tumblr...this artist is amazing.

this is killing me though HE LOOKS LIKE SOMEBODY! WHO??? Im getting Eddie Redmayne vibes.

btw, he's also wallpapering in the latest New Mutants issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    What?! Your IP is banned? You’re forgiven then. You’re probably too pure for this world. lol

See? We’re just like the character!

Yes, Si, please give us a better costume! And resolve some things for us! You’re a fan, aren’t you?! Dx

Jono makes the best seek-and-find character. You never know what he’s gonna be doing! Is he in the background brooding? Or maybe he’s a bartender?

We love you littlestarfighter! We don’t know who you are but we appreciate your awesome fan art! Thanks for sharing, Salem!
    I'm so puzzled about the ip thing. I've only posted about Jono here, nothing else. Too much Jono psoting maybe? lol My poor IPs been up to no good without me. Thank god for vpns.

Thank you for the Legion of X scan, it's always fun playing spot the Chamber. Lost will be happy to have one mutant around who can't puke. I'm so curious as to what Kurt's saying, and why Jono would join the mutant police that Legion of X are. I think he secretly admires Kurt for living his best life looking how he does. Especially after Kurt chewed him out in Uncanny X-Men for seeing himself as a freak. Looking forward to him meeting Legion again. Will there be more swearing? He's one of the few characters who dosen't seem to be afraid of Legion and will tell him exactlly what he thinks of him. I trust Si to give us more than 'Where's Jono?.'

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    yeah thanks for the thread. Ive been unable to post due to lack of time being a caretaker now I only find time just to stop by a couple times a week and check to see if there's anything new. What happened to the old app thread? Are we now supposed to make new app threads every year?

this is killing me though HE LOOKS LIKE SOMEBODY! WHO??? Im getting Eddie Redmayne vibes.

Jawbreaker it's always great to see you pop up no matter how long it is. Being a caretaker is HARD work indeed.

It's got to be the cheekbones, you could cut glass with them. I hope that artist does more. Might need to create a Tumblr to follow them.

Aww come on Jono, Jubes is right there talk to her. I think Thats Monet giving him the stink eye too, it's her costume (her skin is painted all wrong though.) New Mutants had so many promises for me to have more Gen X/Academy X and Jono, so it's been sad to just have him be a background character. Still reading for Dani and Rahne though.

Astonishing Member

LOL I'm wary of Kurt and Jono interactions because I hated Kurt chewing Jono out for being down on himself because of his mutation - like I hate when writers just don't get that overlapping experiences in one respect don't actually make someone an expert on someone else's overall experiences. Kurt might have a POV on appearing freakish or inhuman in others' eyes and how that affects one's self-image, but Jono's mutation additionally contains elements of disability and materially affects his life and how he partakes in society in ways that aren't JUST due to his appearance. And Kurt, no matter how well-intentioned or how well-adjusted himself, simply does not have relevant experiences or perspectives on THAT aspect of mutation and thus it was kinda like.....you have one (1) point Kurt, but you're still missing tons of context so sit down please and thank you.

Just really bugs when writers try to have some mutants lecture other mutants about identity and self-image when like, they're not exactly a comprehensive viewpoint on mutant experiences, y'know? Feel like 'we are not a monolith' T-shirts could come in handy.

In terms of possible Jono storylines, I'd love to see the current era of mutant synergy and power exploration lead to developing long-dangling plot threads about Jono's powers being so much bigger and more versatile than they're usually treated as. He's basically living psionic energy, not just a generic energy blaster, c'mon writers, do something with that!

Possibly controversial, but I'd actually really like to see Jono's ties to Clan Akkaba/Apocalypse explored now specifically BECAUSE Apocalypse is gone. Like there's a couple hundred thousand formerly dead or depowered Clan Akkaba mutants in the resurrection queue who spent their entire lives dedicated to pursuing the agenda of an immortal mutant who fulfilled his lifelong goal and has departed this plane of existence to live with his family elsewhere. That's an enormous number of mutants left directionless and adrift now for the first time and with no idea what to do now. As one of the most famous and influential descendants of Apocalypse, could be interesting to see a bunch of former Clan Akkaba mutants look to Jono for ideas on what to do or focus on now. And Jono would NOT know what to do with that attention or influence, I feel like, lol, but damn it could be interesting to see him try and figure something out.

Along similar lines, it could be interesting to see Jono explore connections to other descendants he now knows he's distantly related to in some way. Like Blink for instance, who was supposed to be one of his classmates in Generation X when they originally all came together to fight the Phalanx.....someone who could have potentially been as close to him as he is to Monet, Jubilee and Paige and with the added connection of their shared ancestry.....but he missed out on getting to know her then, only to find they now have another opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post

[IMG][/IMG]
    Yeah, a new thread every year. lol I mean, c’mon… how many pages did the last one have? Also, caretaker isn’t easy work. Major props to you.

I like that we get to see him there but am also so peeved at all the missed opportunities. lol

Also, yes! He does look like someone! I’m not sure either!

Quote Originally Posted by Salemdelight View Post
    I'm so puzzled about the ip thing. I've only posted about Jono here, nothing else. Too much Jono psoting maybe? lol My poor IPs been up to no good without me. Thank god for vpns.

Thank you for the Legion of X scan, it's always fun playing spot the Chamber. Lost will be happy to have one mutant around who can't puke. I'm so curious as to what Kurt's saying, and why Jono would join the mutant police that Legion of X are. I think he secretly admires Kurt for living his best life looking how he does. Especially after Kurt chewed him out in Uncanny X-Men for seeing himself as a freak. Looking forward to him meeting Legion again. Will there be more swearing? He's one of the few characters who dosen't seem to be afraid of Legion and will tell him exactlly what he thinks of him. I trust Si to give us more than 'Where's Jono?.'

Jawbreaker it's always great to see you pop up no matter how long it is. Being a caretaker is HARD work indeed.

It's got to be the cheekbones, you could cut glass with them. I hope that artist does more. Might need to create a Tumblr to follow them.

Aww come on Jono, Jubes is right there talk to her. I think Thats Monet giving him the stink eye too, it's her costume (her skin is painted all wrong though.) New Mutants had so many promises for me to have more Gen X/Academy X and Jono, so it's been sad to just have him be a background character. Still reading for Dani and Rahne though.
    You’re a super fan and it doesn’t like it, maybe?

I honestly felt that scene with Kurt and Jono was super cringe worthy. It’s one of my lease favorite Kurt moments.

I honestly hate the Kurt-Jono friendship. I absolutely disagreed with Kurt chewing Jono out like he did. Those are two COMPLETELY different situations. You’re not going to tell some little girl who lost her parents to suck it up because someone was born without a leg. I think it really went to show just how bad the X-Men were at helping people who’s lives were completely upended by their mutations.

I actually like cursing Jono. XD I hope to see more. lol And Si’s actually British so we get real talk there. I just hope he uses him well. I actually hope to see just how Jono feels about being resurrected and how he looks. But I think that’s gonna get glossed over.

lol That IS Monet! Who the heck did they think she was supposed to be?

The Jono/Jubes relationship was just one massive drug trip, I take it. It didn’t really happen. lol

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    LOL I'm wary of Kurt and Jono interactions because I hated Kurt chewing Jono out for being down on himself because of his mutation - like I hate when writers just don't get that overlapping experiences in one respect don't actually make someone an expert on someone else's overall experiences. Kurt might have a POV on appearing freakish or inhuman in others' eyes and how that affects one's self-image, but Jono's mutation additionally contains elements of disability and materially affects his life and how he partakes in society in ways that aren't JUST due to his appearance. And Kurt, no matter how well-intentioned or how well-adjusted himself, simply does not have relevant experiences or perspectives on THAT aspect of mutation and thus it was kinda like.....you have one (1) point Kurt, but you're still missing tons of context so sit down please and thank you.

Just really bugs when writers try to have some mutants lecture other mutants about identity and self-image when like, they're not exactly a comprehensive viewpoint on mutant experiences, y'know? Feel like 'we are not a monolith' T-shirts could come in handy.

In terms of possible Jono storylines, I'd love to see the current era of mutant synergy and power exploration lead to developing long-dangling plot threads about Jono's powers being so much bigger and more versatile than they're usually treated as. He's basically living psionic energy, not just a generic energy blaster, c'mon writers, do something with that!

Possibly controversial, but I'd actually really like to see Jono's ties to Clan Akkaba/Apocalypse explored now specifically BECAUSE Apocalypse is gone. Like there's a couple hundred thousand formerly dead or depowered Clan Akkaba mutants in the resurrection queue who spent their entire lives dedicated to pursuing the agenda of an immortal mutant who fulfilled his lifelong goal and has departed this plane of existence to live with his family elsewhere. That's an enormous number of mutants left directionless and adrift now for the first time and with no idea what to do now. As one of the most famous and influential descendants of Apocalypse, could be interesting to see a bunch of former Clan Akkaba mutants look to Jono for ideas on what to do or focus on now. And Jono would NOT know what to do with that attention or influence, I feel like, lol, but damn it could be interesting to see him try and figure something out.

Along similar lines, it could be interesting to see Jono explore connections to other descendants he now knows he's distantly related to in some way. Like Blink for instance, who was supposed to be one of his classmates in Generation X when they originally all came together to fight the Phalanx.....someone who could have potentially been as close to him as he is to Monet, Jubilee and Paige and with the added connection of their shared ancestry.....but he missed out on getting to know her then, only to find they now have another opportunity.
    YES, thank you! I always hated that! It’s two completely different things. Jono probably had a pretty normal childhood (all things considered with being a part of Clan Akkaba.) and could blend in find. You know, until he literally exploded! And yes, this guy totally has a disability, but the X-Men have just been like, “Shut up and love your gift, Jono. You’re so moody.” UHHHHG!

Tbh, I just want Jono to go full blown Phoenix on everyone.

Yes, I would also like his lineage to be explored! I really would! It would make me so happy. Like his weird old guy cousin(?) who kidnapped him from the hospital has to be there somewhere, right? Please give us some Jono-Blink bonding in the future, Marvel! Pleeeease!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    YES, thank you! I always hated that! It’s two completely different things. Jono probably had a pretty normal childhood (all things considered with being a part of Clan Akkaba.) and could blend in find. You know, until he literally exploded! And yes, this guy totally has a disability, but the X-Men have just been like, “Shut up and love your gift, Jono. You’re so moody.” UHHHHG!

Tbh, I just want Jono to go full blown Phoenix on everyone.

Yes, I would also like his lineage to be explored! I really would! It would make me so happy. Like his weird old guy cousin(?) who kidnapped him from the hospital has to be there somewhere, right? Please give us some Jono-Blink bonding in the future, Marvel! Pleeeease!
    Yeah Frederick Slade is still around and I feel like he's absolutely the kind of schemer who would find a way to use the resurrection protocols to get himself resurrected in his 'prime' and try to steer Clan Akkaba into his own personal powerbase and use Blink and Jono as figureheads to get people to rally behind, and they'd both be like.....umm, we abso-fucking-lutely object.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yeah Frederick Slade is still around and I feel like he's absolutely the kind of schemer who would find a way to use the resurrection protocols to get himself resurrected in his 'prime' and try to steer Clan Akkaba into his own personal powerbase and use Blink and Jono as figureheads to get people to rally behind, and they'd both be like.....umm, we abso-fucking-lutely object.
    Oh, that actually has the potential to be really funny. I’m at work and trying not to laugh just thinking about it. He’d be all, “C’mon! Who else in this family actually cares about you guys? Join me and we can have family Friday! But first, my plans for the clan!”

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

I know I don't check into CBR very often anymore, but the X-Men Election had me thinking about this place again.

I was really hoping to see Chamber in a larger capacity than just wallpaper, considering he and Mondo were a part of that book's original cast. Oh well.

Maybe he could muscle his way into Legion of X, considering he's Si Spurrier's "Krakoan crush"...

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/02/14/x-...s-day-special/

Si Spurrier: Chamber. I mean, I don’t know why. What even could you do with the poor dude? But yeah, Chamber.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007