Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Rufio, so sorry about your dog... Take whatever time you need.

what happened to that recent Unlimited story where he's rescued by Wolverine and Nightcrawler? Did he appear in any more issues?

I need to listen to that podcast sounds hilarious.

I was pronouncing it Joe-no at first too...
    Last edited by jawbreaker; 03-21-2022 at 03:57 PM.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    what happened to that recent Unlimited story where he's rescued by Wolverine and Nightcrawler? Did he appear in any more issues?
    Naw, just the one issue. It was a great little appearance, though! Did you see it??

After being rescued, they must've dropped him off at Krakoa or whatever, before heading off to save the other kidnapped mutant.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Oh, I laughed soooo hard. That whole podcast was so funny. XD I almost cried, I needed that laugh. Haaaaaaa

Yeah, the accents were bad but so so funny. lol

And when they go back to talking about New Warriors and it is so funny. Ha ha. I hate that run so much and so did the hosts.

Their whole conversation sounds like this thread reads.

Thanks, Salem. I appreciate it, but really suggest me issues. I need to stay busy.

I’m sorry for your loss. It’s never easy.
    It really cracked me up. They were having so much fun, and it really did sound like us. Well with less dodgy accents lol Poor New Warriors, but god I was so with them when they said you can’t tell who the hell people were meant to be. Apart from Jonos Blue self of course.

I was looking at Jono tags on tumblr the other day and found this list that someone made of all his issues. Maybe that can help you stay busy?

https://totally-not-an-awkward-okapi...eam-i-tried-to I'm trying to see if I can find the rarer ones.

To everyone. We can all say Jono how we want to be sure. I think it's cool how different other countries say things. I remember the X-Men evolution cartoon and the thing with Rhanes pronunciation.

Thank you. I will always have wonderful memories of him.

@ jawbreaker: Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Salemdelight View Post
    It really cracked me up. They were having so much fun, and it really did sound like us. Well with less dodgy accents lol Poor New Warriors, but god I was so with them when they said you can’t tell who the hell people were meant to be. Apart from Jonos Blue self of course.

I was looking at Jono tags on tumblr the other day and found this list that someone made of all his issues. Maybe that can help you stay busy?

https://totally-not-an-awkward-okapi...eam-i-tried-to I'm trying to see if I can find the rarer ones.

To everyone. We can all say Jono how we want to be sure. I think it's cool how different other countries say things. I remember the X-Men evolution cartoon and the thing with Rhanes pronunciation.

Thank you. I will always have wonderful memories of him.
    They really did sound like they were having a lot of fun. Made listening to it very enjoyable.

Uhg, yeah. Nobody looked like themselves and nobody acted like themselves. It was dumb. I liked when he was going through Jono’s history all the “Don’t worry about it.” I just… it was so funny.

I have that list included. Gotta commend that sort of dedication.

Edit: just want to say, that the consensus is that Jono is Joe-no. Until we get an audio clip stating otherwise, I’m saying that is correct. Ha ha!
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Quote Originally Posted by Salemdelight View Post
    Even Jono got a buff makeover that made no sense for him. I mean, no one looked like they were supposed to, everyone got a Pretty Person makeover complete with boob job if applicable, haha.

That itself wouldn't be so bad if the writing wasn't so bad, too (what we were saying about everyone's herd mentality).

Uhg, yeah. Nobody looked like themselves and nobody acted like themselves. It was dumb. I liked when he was going through Jono’s history all the “Don’t worry about it.” I just… it was so funny.
    I know, right?? Why even chose those specific characters if you're just going to completely change them to suit your vision?? ;P

Anyway, thankfully that period of time is over! Done & Dusted!

I listened to that Cerebro Podcast's show for Monet & Penance; it was pretty good, especially if you want to hear someone explain M-Twins-Penance in chronological order. He had to say "Don't worry about it" a lot for Monet's weird history, too. XD

Edit: just want to say, that the consensus is that Jono is Joe-no. Until we get an audio clip stating otherwise, I’m saying that is correct. Ha ha!
    That's what I'm going with, though I imagine we'll all say it our own way till Jono makes the leap to live action or cartoons. BTW, in that earlier Monet podcast, the host says Joe-no, haha.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Naw, just the one issue. It was a great little appearance, though! Did you see it??

After being rescued, they must've dropped him off at Krakoa or whatever, before heading off to save the other kidnapped mutant.
    thanks. I also forgot he appeared briefly (cameo) in that Echo comic... I dont know if he appeared anymore after that.

I hope he appears in this year's Hellfire Gala and gets a costume/fashion. He was left out of last years.

thanks. I also forgot he appeared briefly (cameo) in that Echo comic... I dont know if he appeared anymore after that.

I hope he appears in this year's Hellfire Gala and gets a costume/fashion. He was left out of last years.
    He was in an Echo comic?? You mean, while she's all Phoenix'd up?

More info, pls.

Yeah, it's sad about getting left out of the Gala. You can always commission a Hellfire Gala art piece, but it's not quite the same thing as the real thing. XD
    Prεtty Pεnny

He appeared with Forge in one panel in the first issue here. I dont know if he appears in the rest of the issues I havent had time to check.

https://comicstallion.tumblr.com/pos...y-luca-maresca

I wonder if he'll appear in the new X-Men animated series, its about time he showed up in animation.

He appeared with Forge in one panel in the first issue here. I dont know if he appears in the rest of the issues I havent had time to check.

https://comicstallion.tumblr.com/pos...y-luca-maresca

I wonder if he'll appear in the new X-Men animated series, its about time he showed up in animation.
    Oh, nice, about that one panel.

I haven't checked out the series itself, but according to ComicVine, Forge continues to be important while Chamber doesn't appear again. So it seems he was just "random mutant Forge was talking to" in that book, but it's nice for them to pick him for that instead of Eyeboy or somethin'... ;P

I reaaaaaaally want Chamber and the rest of Generation X to appear in the new X-Men animated series. X-Men '97 is right in the middle of Gen X's original run (1994-2001). They'd be relevant as surly teenage mutants! And since it's animated, they don't have to worry about the likes of Chamber and Penance breaking the special effects budget.
    Prεtty Pεnny

Hey, I'm somewhat back. Any recommended issues to add to the list. Was looking over the section I made for Jono's powers. I have where he blew himself up and when he blew up that giant zombie... and where he worked with Spider-Man. What issues really stand out for you guys where you're like, "F yeah, this character has awesome powers."
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;

Welcome back, Rufio!

The best powers issues for Chamber have been in Generation X and his own mini, I think. Though that short stint that Christos Gage had writing him is a highlight, too. Remember when he blasted that guy out of his classroom? Haha. Oh and that Age of X line was great, too, when he blasted Ghost Rider.

I don't know if he gets to do anything in it yet, but he has at least a cameo appearance in "Legion of X" #1.
    Prεtty Pεnny

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Welcome back, Rufio!

The best powers issues for Chamber have been in Generation X and his own mini, I think. Though that short stint that Christos Gage had writing him is a highlight, too. Remember when he blasted that guy out of his classroom? Haha. Oh and that Age of X line was great, too, when he blasted Ghost Rider.

I don't know if he gets to do anything in it yet, but he has at least a cameo appearance in "Legion of X" #1.
    Oooo, I remembered the Omega Red issue. Should definitely add that one to the powers list.

The mini is good because how Jono uses his powers. And even when he explained the marks on the walls.

kinda seeing a lot of repeats though. Maybe it’s best just to mention highlights of him using his powers in the recommended list as opposed to a whole different list. Thoughts?

I have two wishes, that Jono appears often and that someday we get more Gage written Jono. lol

Oooo, I remembered the Omega Red issue. Should definitely add that one to the powers list.

The mini is good because how Jono uses his powers. And even when he explained the marks on the walls.

kinda seeing a lot of repeats though. Maybe it’s best just to mention highlights of him using his powers in the recommended list as opposed to a whole different list. Thoughts?

I have two wishes, that Jono appears often and that someday we get more Gage written Jono. lol
    It could be a powers highlights list if you want... you know, pointing out issues where he does something more than just blast a guy? I dunno. XD But do what you want, I just always think more information is better than less information, especially when the main gist of it is just to give people a list of stuff to look at that isn't just Chamber standing in the background. ;P

Meanwhile, enjoy this!

https://littleststarfighter.tumblr.com/
    https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/stat...19724394307584
    https://twitter.com/search?q=hellfir...rc=typed_query
    Prεtty Pεnny

https://twitter.com/ShadeX6/status/1527306908469968904

Bachalo still spoils us from time to time.

https://twitter.com/ShadeX6/status/1527306908469968904

Bachalo still spoils us from time to time.
    Love it. I've seen him draw a few GenXers in the last couple of years, really makes me wish there'd be a new Gen X book with them all and they'd get Bachalo to at least do, I dunno, covers for it? :P
    Prεtty Pεnny