Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Oh, look. The people always crying about "cancel culture" got something cancelled. Congrats on winning your crusade.

Looks like the "get woke, go broke" crowd are now about 3-9,756 in it actually being true.
    Last edited by Noodle; 10-16-2022 at 05:45 PM.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Oh, look. The people always crying about "cancel culture" got something cancelled. Congrats on winning your crusade.

Looks like the "get woke, go broke" crowd are now about 3-9,756 in it actually being true.
    It was pretty much doomed to fail when someone uttered the words "Let's bring back G4". The go woke go broke crowd aren't responsible for what was just a bad idea.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

G4 could have been a network about video games and the love of them. Even if they couldn't do the edgy material of the past like with Munn and Webb they could have been a destination for video game players and collectors.

Instead someone here posted they did more live podcasts and didn't seem to know what the 2022 audience who love YouTube wanted. Then they tried to create a controversial moment expecting this to rally viewers and gain an audience. But it failed because as they lost subscribers, it hit them...they aren't here to get political or hear about seismic on gaming. They wanna see video games played and discussed.

But the company had good hires with Jirard the Completionist and Scott the Woz. But there was YouTube guys like James Rolfe , the Game Hunters , Mr. Wrightway and more they could have had supply to the channel.

Instead they didn't and really failed. G4 is a lesson in how everything failed from the start and how trying to create controversy can fail. Anyone watching this needs to follow this...

1- Know your audience.

2- Know what your audience wants.

3- What is your channels main focus ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    It was pretty much doomed to fail when someone uttered the words "Let's bring back G4". The go woke go broke crowd aren't responsible for what was just a bad idea.
    Never claimed it was a good idea to bring it back, but it's demise was expedited greatly by that crowd using it as a cause in their make believe culture war.

Among other factors, of course, like turning every one of their shows into basically podcasts, having nothing to air on their traditional television channel, etc. But the channel could have still lived for at least another year (minimum) with those issues and were still fixable.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    Well, it’s official: G4TV is shutting down all operations effectively immediately
    Frosk can now flex on being responsible for killing a network.

Clownfish a YouTuber discussed how the launch of G4 was a disaster itself here. He just didn't focus on the whole Frosk deal (which was bad idea) but the whole launch. I can't link due to swearing but a breakdown...

- New G4 was launched in a huge warehouse type building that logically was stupid to do. Because there was no way they could with what they did monthly in views on YouTube pay for the lights etc from that. It was insane to think 20,000-30,000+ views a month could pay for this huge building rent etc.

- The promotion for New G4 was awful. His co-host claims a hybrid online-Network could work but what G4 did to advertise this was pretty bad to launch.

- A Washington Post article details that guests on New G4 would demand $25,000-30,000 pay rate to appear on the network. Which is insane to think this was paid.

- They make a point this was not just Frosk who hurt the new G4. This was just a bad launch that really was dumb to do.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

With everyone talking about where the network went wrong, as one of the (apparently) few people that watched it regularly, I'd like to point out a few of the fun bits/segments that occurred during it's short-lived revival:

• Heavily Used Elmo
    • The E-Sports Update
    • Xavier Wood's fear of pandas
    • Gina's forehead
    • P.O.O.S.
    • Billy Nosh
    • Professor Choak
    • Pickleball
    • Rip Blazer
    • Tuff Daddy

It had it's issues, but there was still some fun stuff going on when it found it's groove.

I don't think Adam Sessler is ok. He's been wilding since the announcement

https://twitter.com/AdamSessler/stat...8f451OWXfO1yjg

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSessl...11794251722752

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't think Adam Sessler is ok. He's been wilding since the announcement

https://twitter.com/AdamSessler/stat...8f451OWXfO1yjg

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSessl...11794251722752

I said this elsewhere...I'm a democrat and vote left. But Sessler makes me look like a right winger at times. Its wild to see it.

As I posted above it wasn't just him and Frosk that hurt the New G4. The entire launch of it was a failure as we saw with costs etc that ran wild. The 2 didn't help it and the idea to focus on controversy to try and grow the brand. Once you represent a company your supposed to ...watch what your social media is at times. Sessler didn't seem to understand this. The old G4 didn't have to worry about social media when it 1st launched in 2000's and its now a BIG deal.

The fact Sessler didn't seem to understand this at his age and time is wild. Yes...its great you are a liberal voter. But there is a level where you gotta pull back at times. He didn't seem to understand this aspect in today's time.

Doesn't matter what Frosk said. People forget that the original G4tv struggled too. It eventually got stripped down to only airing shows that were adopted from the Techtv take over. Then they put cops, game shows and other stuff on the channel to try and get it to survive. It still died then.

It was never popular enough to get the kind of sponsorship and advertising to keep it alive. And the moment Comcast got wind of that (twice now) they pulled the plug.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Doesn't matter what Frosk said. People forget that the original G4tv struggled too. It eventually got stripped down to only airing shows that were adopted from the Techtv take over. Then they put cops, game shows and other stuff on the channel to try and get it to survive. It still died then.

It was never popular enough to get the kind of sponsorship and advertising to keep it alive. And the moment Comcast got wind of that (twice now) they pulled the plug.
    Well costs killed it from the get go. They rented and filmed at this huge location that as even ReviewTech joked in a video...they were barely paying the electricity bill for. This doesn't even count what they paid guests on shows and who knows what they paid the on air people.

Comcast went with a big launch and didn't realize...your trying to rebuild a dead brand in a new Era. They did the classic...over spend insane.

Here is hoping someone like Jirard or someone who does gaming buys G4 as a brand and can really do it on a scale that works today.

So Nathan Grayson wrote an article on the Fall of New G4. And how it collapsed.

- In his article Grayson from staff learn that No One had a clear direction on what new G4 was supposed to go towards. That there was goals one week they had to hit and they'd change the next. One claim was if some show started to take off ...they couldn't keep going because they'd not get money in the budget.

- Speaking of money...a number of hosts were earning 6 figure salaries ! Twitch streamer Pokimiane made $20 grand to do something Twitch wise !

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well costs killed it from the get go. They rented and filmed at this huge location that as even ReviewTech joked in a video...they were barely paying the electricity bill for. This doesn't even count what they paid guests on shows and who knows what they paid the on air people.

Comcast went with a big launch and didn't realize...your trying to rebuild a dead brand in a new Era. They did the classic...over spend insane.

Here is hoping someone like Jirard or someone who does gaming buys G4 as a brand and can really do it on a scale that works today.
    Someone like a Jirard is better off building their own brand rather than buy one that's proven to be a failure twice over.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Someone like a Jirard is better off building their own brand rather than buy one that's proven to be a failure twice over.
    Attack of the Show and X-Play would make good shows for someone like Jirard to do on his channel with a panel of people.

So the New G4 interview process was revealed by a female YouTuber. She didn't get hired due to these...questions.

"So why would you cancel Batman?"

"Wait , why would I cancel Batman?"

"Ya know because people say he's rich and white."