Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amethyst

Default Amethyst

What is the current status of this character?

1. She rebooted during New 52 in short lived Sword of Sorcery series and later Amy Reeds did 6 issues mini for Wonder Comics imprint. Was she rebooted again by Amy Reeds or was that mini continuing from new 52 series?
    2. If I'm not mistaken she is currently appearing in Flash, is this another new version or one of the previous ones?

I believe the Reeds series was tied into her Bendis-vamp in Young Justice.

However... I also believe that the original '80s version that eventually went blind during Crisis and then became one with Wizard World is still the same character as the one from New52, which is also the same character as the one in Young Justice.

I think it's left up to the reader just how the pieces all fit together.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Currently they're going by the Rebirth version of Amethyst from Bendis' Young Justice who is a young and spirited princess of Gemworld (and her parents may or may not be criminals/evil per the Amy Reeder series).

Also, side-note, do check out the Amethyst: Princess of Gemworld GN! It's really fun!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Currently they're going by the Rebirth version of Amethyst from Bendis' Young Justice who is a young and spirited princess of Gemworld (and her parents may or may not be criminals/evil per the Amy Reeder series).

Also, side-note, do check out the Amethyst: Princess of Gemworld GN! It's really fun!
    graphic novel???

She's also appearing currently in the Flash as he has travelled to Gemworld to help Justice League Dark tackle Eclipso.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    graphic novel???

She's also appearing currently in the Flash as he has travelled to Gemworld to help Justice League Dark tackle Eclipso.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I believe the Reeds series was tied into her Bendis-vamp in Young Justice.

However... I also believe that the original '80s version that eventually went blind during Crisis and then became one with Wizard World is still the same character as the one from New52, which is also the same character as the one in Young Justice.

I think it's left up to the reader just how the pieces all fit together.
    Interesting, how you tried fitting it together?

I actually didn't mind too much the changes that were made for the New 52 version (although I seem to recall if it was Gary Cohn or Dan Mishkin wasn't too keen on the changes) but I was not at all into the changes for the YJ version but I can't see how to integrate either of those with the original version (still my favorite.) Perhaps the YJ version is closer to the original that the New 52 version though.

Did not know this existed! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Interesting, how you tried fitting it together?
    Not really. It would hurt my brain.
    I'm just applying the rules from the current take on continuity.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

While messing around today, I came across something I had forgotten about. Once upon a time, Renea De Liz really really wanted to do an Amethyst series. Her pitch wasn't picked up (I seem to recall some bad blood between she, her husband and Didio...shocking huh.) Anyway, HOW I wish DC current would give her a call. Her work is just absolutely gorgeous, but I dont think they would use the pitch as she's posted it online.
    Amethyst-00-Cover-2-FIN.jpg

Amethyst-Pegasus.jpg

You can find her pitch and more of her art here.

Really a fun and simply story than could be easily animated. Provides interesting ideas than could work in canon.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Really a fun and simply story than could be easily animated. Provides interesting ideas than could work in canon.

Funny you should mention animation... There was an animated short created for DC Nation, in case people haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkd5mYvKWig

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    While messing around today, I came across something I had forgotten about. Once upon a time, Renea De Liz really really wanted to do an Amethyst series. Her pitch wasn't picked up (I seem to recall some bad blood between she, her husband and Didio...shocking huh.)
    She and her husband were talking **** about other DC creators on twitter and Mary Sue articles, while working for DC. But yeah, it was Didio's fault, somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    She and her husband were talking **** about other DC creators on twitter and Mary Sue articles, while working for DC. But yeah, it was Didio's fault, somehow.
    If I'm remembering right they didn't appreciate DC putting more weight into Grant Morrison's Earth One Wonder Woman versus their work and took it publically.

If I'm remembering right they didn't appreciate DC putting more weight into Grant Morrison's Earth One Wonder Woman versus their work and took it publically.
    That's right, it was that instead. Thanks for the correction. It's a shame, her Amethyst is amazing. I can understand pouring your heart into something and "the Boss" giving someone else more credit for their work (which would have sold gangbusters anyway.)