Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Whatever floats the writers boats.

But....Jon in no way should be more powerful to his dad with the exception of a vulnerability to kryptonite. That should be it, period.
    I mean, even if he's equally powerful to Clark in every other way and less vulnerable to kryptonite, he's technically more powerful than Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    -The idea of Jon being stronger than Kal because he has both human and kryptonian genetics will never add up for me. In previous stories, like in Bryne's 'Superman/Batman: Generations' Clark's off springs with humans were weaker because they only had half of his kryptonian genetics. I wonder if there is a RL basis in biology for that.
    Ligers.

Hybrid between a lion and a tiger, bigger than both.

Mules are also almost the same size as a horse depside donkey's being considerably smaller.

But, the real BS science isn't that Jon is stronger than Clark, it's that a human/alien child can be conceived, naturally or otherwise.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    But, the real BS science isn't that Jon is stronger than Clark, it's that a human/alien child can be conceived, naturally or otherwise.
    This statement is not verified by the Council of Human/Alien Intercourse and Procreation Studies.

Ligers.

Mules are also almost the same size as a horse depside donkey's being considerably smaller.

If Jon follows the rules of Ligers and Mules though, than Clark and Lois definitely aren't having grandkids.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    If Jon follows the rules of Ligers and Mules though, than Clark and Lois definitely aren't having grandkids.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Jay better take the online correspondence course from the Scarlet Witch University of Magicking Children Into Existence.

Egads. No. That would just result in dead JL members and several more in alternate universes.

He should try closer to home and call Hippolyta instead.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I mean, even if he's equally powerful to Clark in every other way and less vulnerable to kryptonite, he's technically more powerful than Dad.
    I am saying that Jon should in no way be as or more powerful than Clark, only maybe in terms of his vulnerability to kryptonite. Sorry, but his DNA from Lois is not going to result in him being as powerful or more powerful than his dad. I would say that his powers are only half-kryptonian level just because he is half human. Remember, kryptonians are supposed to be the pinnacle of humanoid form, close to new gods, and Lois's DNA ain't going to cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Jay better take the online correspondence course from the Scarlet Witch University of Magicking Children Into Existence.
    Make sure you pay attention to your class, if your grades are less than perfect you'll summon and enslave demons instead of making actual human/humanoid kids.

Egads. No. That would just result in dead JL members and several more in alternate universes.

He should try closer to home and call Hippolyta instead.
    Man Hippolyta making and selling clay kids really doesn't sound legal .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Hey, if Saiyans can make it work so can Kryptonians.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Hey, if Saiyans can make it work so can Kryptonians.
    You said it before I could. And its almost 100% where this came from, as the writers of Rebirth Superman and Super Sons took a LOT of inspiration from various anime and manga. Goku and Naruto even make a small cameo in one of the pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    You said it before I could. And its almost 100% where this came from, as the writers of Rebirth Superman and Super Sons took a LOT of inspiration from various anime and manga. Goku and Naruto even make a small cameo in one of the pages.
    Which issue is that?

Incredible Member

-The idea of Jon being stronger than Kal because he has both human and kryptonian genetics will never add up for me. In previous stories, like in Bryne's 'Superman/Batman: Generations' Clark's off springs with humans were weaker because they only had half of his kryptonian genetics. I wonder if there is a RL basis in biology for that.
    As a matter of fact yes there is. It's called hybrid vigour or heterosis.

For example a mule is stronger than a horse of equal size while needing less food, has tougher skin, harder hooves and is generally more resistant to disease. Also, mixed breed dogs tend to live longer than pure breed dogs.

The whole "weaker because they only have half the genes" thing is nonsense. That's the kind of thinking behind inbreeding and we know what that leads to. Congenital disorders, high infant mortality, compromised immune systems etc.

A strong bloodline is one rich in genetic diversity.

If you want a work of fiction that gets it right, look at the Star Wars novel The Crystal Star. Tigris had two Force-sensitive parents but he couldn't use the Force at all.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish
    Ligers.

Exactly.
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 05-25-2022 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Which issue is that?
    I forget which issue exactly, but it was early on in Super Sons. Jon has posters of both Goku and Naruto in his room.

Top left panel on either side of the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Man Hippolyta making and selling clay kids really doesn't sound legal .
    Lol no. I don't think Hippolyta is a capitalist.

But she could show Jon to mold clay and give life to it. Although I strongly doubt the Gods would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    As a matter of fact yes there is. It's called hybrid vigour or heterosis.

For example a mule is stronger than a horse of equal size while needing less food, has tougher skin, harder hooves and is generally more resistant to disease. Also, mixed breed dogs tend to live longer than pure breed dogs.

The whole "weaker because they only have half the genes" thing is nonsense. That's the kind of thinking behind inbreeding and we know what that leads to. Congenital disorders, high infant mortality, compromised immune systems etc.

A strong bloodline is one rich in genetic diversity.

If you want a work of fiction that gets it right, look at the Star Wars novel The Crystal Star. Tigris had two Force-sensitive parents but he couldn't use the Force at all.
    By that logic shouldn't Jon have either a different set of abilities or some of his abilities are stronger, better than Clark's while others are weaker?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly