Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Which issue is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I forget which issue exactly, but it was early on in Super Sons. Jon has posters of both Goku and Naruto in his room.

Top left panel on either side of the door.
    That's Super Sons#1 by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Lol no. I don't think Hippolyta is a capitalist.
    Hell, thinking of it, does Themyscira even have shops, or a currency? I'd assume that if it has a currency it'd be ancient Greek or ancient Rome stuff.

But she could show Jon to mold clay and give life to it. Although I strongly doubt the Gods would agree.
    I'm also not sure Hippolyta can make any clay baby, wasn't Diana a special circumstance because Hippolyta really wanted a kid and she was super loyal to gods or somethin' like that?

By that logic shouldn't Jon have either a different set of abilities or some of his abilities are stronger, better than Clark's while others are weaker?
    Either possibility sounds cool to be fair.

Maybe something like, his ice breath is stronger, or he could have different kinds of visions.

Could also do "trades" like being faster while he's physically weaker but, superspeed is a mess of a power, that and such a trade is too simple, so maybe not...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Hell, thinking of it, does Themyscira even have shops, or a currency? I'd assume that if it has a currency it'd be ancient Greek or ancient Rome stuff.
    It's never been specified. Themyscira never across as a money based society anyway. More like Star Trek style utopian society 'we've moved beyond the accumulation of wealth and instead use our talent for the betterment of our society'.

I'm also not sure Hippolyta can make any clay baby, wasn't Diana a special circumstance because Hippolyta really wanted a kid and she was super loyal to gods or somethin' like that?
    Why Diana's birth didn't lead to a sudden spate of babies being born out of clay on Themysicra has never been outright explored. The only one we know of is Nubia but she has a different backstory now. But Diana's 'soul' was already in the Well of Souls and it just needed a vessel to inhabit it. The fact that there were no other souls there probably explains why there were no repeated attempts at the ceremony.

Either possibility sounds cool to be fair.

Maybe something like, his ice breath is stronger, or he could have different kinds of visions.

Could also do "trades" like being faster while he's physically weaker but, superspeed is a mess of a power, that and such a trade is too simple, so maybe not...
    A trade off sounds more interesting. Maybe he has a stronger arctic breath but weaker x-ray vision. Or his laser eyes are stronger than Clark's but he's not as invulnerable. Or his hearing is not as good as Clark's but his other senses are more heightened.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

It's never been specified. Themyscira never across as a money based society anyway. More like Star Trek style utopian society 'we've moved beyond the accumulation of wealth and instead use our talent for the betterment of our society'.

Why Diana's birth didn't lead to a sudden spate of babies being born out of clay on Themysicra has never been outright explored. The only one we know of is Nubia but she has a different backstory now. But Diana's 'soul' was already in the Well of Souls and it just needed a vessel to inhabit it. The fact that there were no other souls there probably explains why there were no repeated attempts at the ceremony.

A trade off sounds more interesting. Maybe he has a stronger arctic breath but weaker x-ray vision. Or his laser eyes are stronger than Clark's but he's not as invulnerable. Or his hearing is not as good as Clark's but his other senses are more heightened.
    So, Pervert-Vision?

Gail Simone did explore this somewhat in "the Circle". There was an amazon that made a clay child but it was never brought to life. And the Circle's big fear of Diana was that this would lead to a hysteria on the island where the amazons would do something like this.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Yeah that's kinda the vibe I got from it too, only in DCAU, in the Circe episode, where they have to pay that Charion do I remember seeing there's even a suggestion of money there, even then, that blonde Amazon wasn't carrying any.

Hm, yeah guess that'd work to explain why Diana is the only one.

This explanation could also leave room for other clay babies if DC ever wanted to, but not go overboard, by just having more babies in this well.

I guess, I just have my doubts about a trade off being consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So, Pervert-Vision?
    What's the difference between that and regular x-ray anyways? .

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Gail Simone did explore this somewhat in "the Circle". There was an amazon that made a clay child but it was never brought to life. And the Circle's big fear of Diana was that this would lead to a hysteria on the island where the amazons would do something like this.
    Huh, that's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Alkyone....that crazy witch. One of the most intriguing WW foes. I hope she is brought back some day. Could be an interesting enemy for Nubia.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah that's kinda the vibe I got from it too, only in DCAU, in the Circe episode, where they have to pay that Charion do I remember seeing there's even a suggestion of money there, even then, that blonde Amazon wasn't carrying any.
    That wasn't an Amazon, that was Themis, the Goddess of Justice.

Hm, yeah guess that'd work to explain why Diana is the only one.

This explanation could also leave room for other clay babies if DC ever wanted to, but not go overboard, by just having more babies in this well.
    As per the current comics, it's rare for the well to release souls after the initial. Which I guess also explains why Hippolyta had to go the clay route.

It does make you wonder why the well didn't release souls of young girls or teenagers or infants. Especially since there are cultures that discard female babies as unwanted.

I guess, I just have my doubts about a trade off being consistent.
    Oh it's comics. They're never going to be able to keep it consistent.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

That wasn't an Amazon, that was Themis, the Goddess of Justice.
    Somehow that makes the fact she didn't bring any money even funnier lol.

As per the current comics, it's rare for the well to release souls after the initial. Which I guess also explains why Hippolyta had to go the clay route.

It does make you wonder why the well didn't release souls of young girls or teenagers or infants. Especially since there are cultures that discard female babies as unwanted.
    Maybe it doesn't get the souls from the women on the entire planet? Then again, even if it's very specific about the kinds of souls it gets, it'd still have a lot of 'em...

Oh it's comics. They're never going to be able to keep it consistent.
    Yeah, which's why I lean more on the idea of him getting an extra power or two, that way even if how strong they are isn't consistent, at least he'd have something different.

But a trade off could work decently enough anyways, specially if they made him specialize into using specific powers, that way at least what he uses more can stand out from Supes.

Two reasons.

First, the gods don't just perform miracles all the time. It has been suggested in various stories that Hippolyta had been wanting a child for a long time before her wish was granted.

Second, Diana is an experiment, the first one, and quite recent. It's natural for it to take a while before they choose to try again. It's why I was in favour of Nubia being created years after Diana left the Island, as the amazons deciding it was time for a new Idol.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

If Wonder Woman is still weaker than superman, because they keep the status quo of the past when she was constantly being victim of sexism. Then it proves DC is still sexist towards her.