Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

I mean the amazons are not the greatest concept. If you look at the comics she is constantly talking about the evils of man even though she is incredibly violent and the way amazons reproduce is by boarding ships with sailors, forcing themselves upon the men (rape), and then freaking murder them. Then when they have children if it's a girl they become an amazon. Boys are forced to become slaves t

Quote Originally Posted by HaanTheConquerer View Post
    I mean the amazons are not the greatest concept. If you look at the comics she is constantly talking about the evils of man even though she is incredibly violent and the way amazons reproduce is by boarding ships with sailors, forcing themselves upon the men (rape), and then freaking murder them. Then when they have children if it's a girl they become an amazon. Boys are forced to become slaves t
    That only happens in the New 52.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HaanTheConquerer View Post
    Bruh, They are peaceful civilization in the comics. They are immortal and not at war. Why do they need kids? The new 52 simply did it for shock value.

Apparently Jon Kent is the most powerful being on the planet after Clark. Written by Tom Taylor of course. Would Diana even make it to top ten in Taylor's ranking?

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Apparently Jon Kent is the most powerful being on the planet after Clark. Written by Tom Taylor of course. Would Diana even make it to top ten in Taylor's ranking?
    Yeah, check back in four years when DC has someone/thing new to push to see how worthless a statement that is.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

That makes total sense. Half human, half kryptonian, and what do you get, a carbon copy of the male adult kryptonian, not a half hybrid amalgamation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, check back in four years when DC has someone/thing new to push to see how worthless a statement that is.
    Kind of like when they kept saying Supergirl was stronger than Clark when they brought her back only to immediately backtrack.
    More hyperbolic statements that don't mean anything, but fans and CBR articles will cite as PROOF for years to come.

Bit off-topic, but from what I've seen/heard of Jon, it seems like DC wants him to be Clark's Gohan.

But in Dragon Ball, humans were as capable of achieving great strength and power through training (at least until Super Saiyans entered the picture), so it made sense why a half-human, half-Saiyan could be potentially stronger than both.
    But from what's been established about Kryptonians and DC's human race, there doesn't appear to be any good reason why Jon should be more powerful than Clark or Kara or Power Girl (or Diana or Shazam).

Also, where in Dragon Ball, Gohan taking his father's place as the lead hero was a years long arc that took three sagas and saw him grow from young child to teenager and train and earn his strength, in DC with Jon, they just awkwardly jumped from him as a kid to full-powered teen off panel in another dimension.

And, funnily enough, even after all that, fans at the time still didn't want Gohan to take Goku's place...which is why Goku (and Vegeta) conveniently return to save the day at the end of the Buu saga.
    They're going for Gohan, but seems to be more like Rodimus Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Kind of like when they kept saying Supergirl was stronger than Clark when they brought her back only to immediately backtrack.
    More hyperbolic statements that don't mean anything, but fans and CBR articles will cite as PROOF for years to come.

Bit off-topic, but from what I've seen/heard of Jon, it seems like DC wants him to be Clark's Gohan.

But in Dragon Ball, humans were as capable of achieving great strength and power through training (at least until Super Saiyans entered the picture), so it made sense why a half-human, half-Saiyan could be potentially stronger than both.
    But from what's been established about Kryptonians and DC's human race, there doesn't appear to be any good reason why Jon should be more powerful than Clark or Kara or Power Girl (or Diana or Shazam).

Also, where in Dragon Ball, Gohan taking his father's place as the lead hero was a years long arc that took three sagas and saw him grow from young child to teenager and train and earn his strength, in DC with Jon, they just awkwardly jumped from him as a kid to full-powered teen off panel in another dimension.

And, funnily enough, even after all that, fans at the time still didn't want Gohan to take Goku's place...which is why Goku (and Vegeta) conveniently return to save the day at the end of the Buu saga.
    Jon Kent Son of Kal-El will finally be in a good comic in forty years based off that, lol.

Last edited by Gaius; 05-18-2022 at 01:38 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Im pretty sure Jons been touted as being even stronger than his father. I personally hate it. but I still stick with "Diana can still beat the father and son due to skill" and Im happy...even if writers would likely ignore it.

Mighty Member

Then there's Harvey Kurtzman and Will Elder ("Woman Wonder" Mad #10 april 1954). I know it's satire, but jeez! Sorry I can't post it, bur if you've ever seen it reprinted...Jeez!

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Im pretty sure Jons been touted as being even stronger than his father. I personally hate it. but I still stick with "Diana can still beat the father and son due to skill" and Im happy...even if writers would likely ignore it.
    She can't based on actual trackrecord. And we better pray we have no battle between her and jon. Because i'm sure she wouldn't win that either.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

As if he would ever rank her as high as top 10 anything. Poor guy blocked me on twitter. He wasn't happy after i told him how i felt about the way he has writen Diana in injustice and dceased. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Obeythemoderators View Post
    JMS-Makes Gwen Stacy into a sexually lose woman when we already got Mary Jane and to top it all of it is keept as a secret between Gwen and Mary Jane. Also the frase ''cats always lie'' is especially uncomfortable in this context given that it is an old saying that ''women are like cats men are like dogs''.
    MJ isn't a sexually loose woman, despite the party girl persona, the only person she's actually confirmed to have had sex with is Spidey, she probably did it with Harry too but that's not confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It's like when Geoff Johns wrote most of the titles at DC. At some point, you're going to stretch yourself thin and whatever concepts/characters you don't get are going to be obvious to those reading or watching your stories.
    It's kinda amazing YJ manages that within a single cartoon, at leat Geoff Johns having to write a lot of comics would make that kind of problem more understandable lol.

After I checked out DCeased, in which Cyborg uses Diana's lasso of truth to learn about the virus when she should be doing that to begin with, I would be surprised if she makes it into top 100, might be bottom 10 even.

Like, I wouldn't use Injustice that much against him, since he has to follow the games and Diana is evil there and I think maybe since the first game she's implied to have influenced Supes into evil? Either way that was a bad Diana by default, but DCeased, yeah... No excuses for that.

In DB itself it makes no sense hybrids can be potentially stronger, humans are weak by default while saiyans are kinda strong by default, and saiyans casually outclass humans even without going super saiyan, they both can use ki or whatever, but it's the equivalent of saying a broken motorcycle with no tires and a tank both use gasoline.

It was just said "Oh human and saiyans hybrids have a lot of potential" and that was that, even if logically hybrids should be weaker lol.

Gohan was awkwardly pushed to be Goku's replacement a few issues before Goku got to fight Cell.

While his potential was talked about a lot since early chapters, it didn't amount to much, since Goku kept casually outclassing him after some training, and in androids saga itself, despite training for 3 years with Goku and Piccolo, nobody says anything about his potential, nor did he even get a Super Saiyan form, he was mostly sidelined in androids saga until he got to train with Goku in the Room of Spirit and Time and suddenly he's stronger than everyone.

I do remember an issue about Super Sons where Batman theorizes Jon could become stronger than Supes, so funnily enough, he's more similar to Gohan than you'd think, can't wait for him to become useless .

That was Toriyama's own decision to bring back Goku, he felt Gohan doesn't work as a protagonist.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    After I checked out DCeased, in which Cyborg uses Diana's lasso of truth to learn about the virus when she should be doing that to begin with, I would be surprised if she makes it into top 100, might be bottom 10 even.

Like, I wouldn't use Injustice that much against him, since he has to follow the games and Diana is evil there and I think maybe since the first game she's implied to have influenced Supes into evil? Either way that was a bad Diana by default, but DCeased, yeah... No excuses for that.
    As weird as this sounds, I was replaying the first Injustice game the other day and the writing for WW there is slightly more respectful there, all things considered. In the game she's basically a generic baddie, no more evil than the rest of her comrades, Superman is portrayed as the clear Big Bad there and in fact, the implication is that he influenced Wonder Woman change of behaviour, not the other way around (there's a part where Diana tells her good universe counterpart "Superman showed me the truth"). Even her relationship with Supes is portrayed as soemthing that happened relatively recently (i.e. 5 years after Lois' death, not 5 minutes) and something she has doubts about (out of respect for both Superman and Lois).

Don't get me wrong, she's still an evil Warrior Woman version, but the hyper-bloodthirsty Lady Macbeth-esque closeted fascist that couldn't wait to conquer the world and get into Superman's pants while his wife memory was still fresh? That's all Taylor's invention.

I don't know how much fan response factored into it, but Toriyama has stated he brought Goku back simply because he preferred writing him over Gohan.