Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Umm... in this universe? Poison Ivy sometimes gets jobbed to the Batfamily but nobody really remembers because newer stories have her depicted as an elemental goddess that can take over Gotham and sometimes the entire world by herself and can only be subdued if she is talked out of it by Harley and co. The Riddler was seen as a joke villain until recently when he has been depicted as a real terror. Cheetah can be terrifying if people want her to be.

I am not saying sexism isn't a factor. I also don't think the "damage" is permanent and can be solved if a writer depicts Cheetah as the force of nature that she is supposed to be.
    Not really. Because DC continues to allow bad writing with Cheetah. You won't ever see any of the major male heroes villains treated like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Just because you don't care much about Cheetah doesn't mean others shouldl feel the same way. And just because you think there is nothing wrong with an archy villain of WW originally designed to be a physical challenge to her, being treated as a jobber. Doesn't mean others feel the same way.

And the clip once again shows how crummy the writing was. They stated Cheetah is powered up by a God and fights WW. Yet seline gets ''lucky'' surviving hits that she shouldn't. Keeping up with somebody way faster.

WW herself is treated as a jobber in many stories. And it is totally understandable that a lot of fans don't like it.
    I do care about Cheetah, the Priscilla Rich version.

Yeah I didn't care much about Barbara, and now I'm getting annoyed whenever I hear her name, because of the thousands of comments of people crying about it and calling sexism for the dumbest possible reasons.

Gender equality isn't a tool for you to use in order to complain about silly things. You wanted Selina Kyle to be even more humiliated (how feminist). And I will keep ridiculing any claim that Greg Weisman is sexist just because he allowed Cheetah to be a big scary monster. The title of this thread is fcking disrespectful to someone that has shown plenty of love for the forgotten parts of the DC universe, and written incredible characters in animation, both male and certainly female. He took Gwen Stacy from being a sorry tragic character, to being this awesome woman in Spectacular Spider-man. He turned Artemis and Miss Martian into complex but compelling characters, despite their poor showings in the comics.

This thread is a troll statement to undermine the contributions of people that actually want to create better media. What a disgrace. You don't even care if Greg Weisman is a fair person or not. You don't care about how he treats Miss Martian, or Gwen Stacy, or Artemis.

There are 2 things you care about. "Wonder Woman" (supposedly) and Cheetah. And you would throw every other female character in the mud just to satisfy your own ideas
    Last edited by Alpha; 03-07-2022 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I do care about Cheetah, the Priscilla Rich version.

Yeah I didn't care much about Barbara, and now I'm getting annoyed whenever I hear her name, because of the thousands of comments of people crying about it and calling sexism for the dumbest possible reasons.

Gender equality isn't a tool for you to use in order to complain about silly things. You wanted Selina Kyle to be even more humiliated (how feminist). And I will keep ridiculing any claim that Greg Weisman is sexist just because he allowed Cheetah to be a big scary monster. The title of this thread is fcking disrespectful to someone that has shown plenty of love for the forgotten parts of the DC universe, and written incredible characters in animation, both male and certainly female. He took Gwen Stacy from being a sorry tragic character, to being this awesome woman in Spectacular Spider-man. He turned Artemis and Miss Martian into complex but compelling characters, despite their poor showings in the comics.

This thread is a troll statement to undermine the contributions of people that actually want to create better media. What a disgrace. You don't even care if Greg Weisman is a fair person or not. You don't care about how he treats Miss Martian, or Gwen Stacy, or Artemis.

There are 2 things you care about. "Wonder Woman" (supposedly) and Cheetah. And you would throw every other female character in the mud just to satisfy your own ideas
    Hard to face the truth. But i am far from being the only one who thinks he may be sexist subconsciously. And based on his portrayal of Cheetah and how he views WW, Donna and Cassie. The guy is far from objective.

His used of Cheetah was only due to the fact he wanted a cat fight. No other effort was put into this. He wanted to have the more sexualized cat theme character win without even trying to explain how she could survive hits from somebody way stronger and keep up with somebody way faster. Cheetah should also be able to smell catwoman's blood and hear her and find her easily. All that movie was a pile of trash for the WW lore.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Hard to face the truth. But i am far from being the only one who thinks he may be sexist subconsciously. And based on his portrayal of Cheetah and how he views WW, Donna and Cassie. The guy is far from objective.
    He hasn't invested heavily into the Wonder family. Hasn't direspected them either. And even if he had, THEY AREN'T THE MEASURE FOR HOW FEMINIST OR SEXIST A PERSON IS.
    Once again, you use a false version of gender equality as a tool for your own selfish reasons (you aren't the only one). And you are willing to throw any other female character under the bus just to satisfy selfish needs.

His used of Cheetah was only due to the fact he wanted a cat fight. No other effort was put into this.
    And why the heck does that matter? She was a big scary monster who spent her days as the leader of a criminal organization. None of this was out of character, and she certainly was portrayed as a big scary threat, out of Selina's league, and was defeated by tons of luck.

He wanted to have the more sexualized cat theme character win without even trying to explain how she could survive hits from somebody way stronger and keep up with somebody way faster. Cheetah should also be able to smell catwoman's blood and hear her and find her easily. All that movie was a pile of trash for the WW lore.
    There was nothing sexual about the fight between Catwoman and Cheetah. Stop lying.

(and I'm not saying it hasn't happened, but I don't recall any story where Cheetah tracked someone by their smell)

He hasn't invested heavily into the Wonder family. Hasn't direspected them either. And even if he had, THEY AREN'T THE MEASURE FOR HOW FEMINIST OR SEXIST A PERSON IS.
    Once again, you use a false version of gender equality as a tool for your own selfish reasons (you aren't the only one). And you are willing to throw any other female character under the bus just to satisfy selfish needs.

And why the heck does that matter? She was a big scary monster who spent her days as the leader of a criminal organization. None of this was out of character, and she certainly was portrayed as a big scary threat, out of Selina's league, and was defeated by tons of luck.

There was nothing sexual about the fight between Catwoman and Cheetah. Stop lying.

(and I'm not saying it hasn't happened, but I don't recall any story where Cheetah tracked someone by their smell)
    Yes he has.

Throw other female characters under the bus? That's what sexist writers do with WW, Cheetah and other females.

catwoman also won because she is the more popular (due to a history of being a sex symbol) out of the 2 cat characters. And the writer wanted a cat fight. Nothing else. Catwoman had plot armor. No amount of luck could allow her to survive hits from Cheetah, react to her and strangle he with a whip without any explanation at all. That's what you call lazy and crumy writin.

Nope. Just nope

Nope. Just nope
    Yes. Just yes.

Incredible Member

It matters because there DC has tons of cat/big cat themed characters that would have been a better choice. This was a great opportunity to give lesser known characters and their fans something. Instead they picked Cheetah because they're lazy and don't respect WW lore.

Tons of luck, yeah sure. Tons of luck that Selina managed to dodge blows from a super-humanly fast opponent, survive hits from a super-humanly strong opponent and land blows that visibly caused pain to a super-humanly durable foe. Plus this isn't an isolated event. Selina has beaten Cheetah several times. How often do we see that happen with Joker or Lex?

Beg your pardon but I think you're misunderstanding what mystical41's point is.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    It matters because there DC has tons of cat/big cat themed characters that would have been a better choice. This was a great opportunity to give lesser known characters and their fans something. Instead they picked Cheetah because they're lazy and don't respect WW lore.

Tons of luck, yeah sure. Tons of luck that Selina managed to dodge blows from a super-humanly fast opponent, survive hits from a super-humanly strong opponent and land blows that visibly caused pain to a super-humanly durable foe. Plus this isn't an isolated event. Selina has beaten Cheetah several times. How often do we see that happen with Joker or Lex?

Thank you. I think he totally missed my point.

She was a big scary villain and a criminal mastermind.

Yes luck. Just like Batman has survived being hit by Superman.

And none of those other encounters are a reason to call Greg Weisman a sexist, considering all that he has done throughout his work.

He said the reason why Catwoman won the fight was because she was a sexualized cat person. Except that Catwoman wasn't portrayed as a sex symbol during the fight, and the obvious reason why she won is that it was her movie. Same way Batman has defeated Superman, he's the protagonist of these fights most of the time.

He used the disgusting lie that Greg Weisman wanted Cheetah to win because he sees Catwoman as a sex symbol. Fcking disgrace

Incredible Member

She was a big scary villain and a criminal mastermind.
    And your point is...?

Yes luck. Just like Batman has survived being hit by Superman.
    Not luck. Batman has survived being hit by Superman because Superman always goes easy on him/pulls his punches because he's Superman. Even if he's mind-controlled he always resists it. Why would Cheetah pull her punches against Selina?

And none of those other encounters are a reason to call Greg Weisman a sexist, considering all that he has done throughout his work.
    I think you need to understand that sexism doesn't need to be deliberate or done maliciously. It can be done without even realising it.

He said the reason why Catwoman won the fight was because she was a sexualized cat person. Except that Catwoman wasn't portrayed as a sex symbol during the fight, and the obvious reason why she won is that it was her movie. Same way Batman has defeated Superman, he's the protagonist of these fights most of the time.
    The "he/she won because they're the protagonist" excuse doesn't fly. You need to provide an in-story justification for how it happened. Otherwise it's lazy and poor writing. Batman has "defeated" Superman because again, Superman goes easy on him/pulls his punches. What's the justification with Selina vs Cheetah?

He used the disgusting lie that Greg Weisman wanted Cheetah to win because he sees Catwoman as a sex symbol. Fcking disgrace
    You said yourself that Cheetah in the movie was "a big scary villain." In general which would the viewers consider more alluring, Cheetah or Catwoman?

You said yourself that Cheetah in the movie was "a big scary villain." In general which would the viewers consider more alluring, Cheetah or Catwoman?
    Wtf does that matter? Greg Weisman didn't allow Catwoman to win because she is sexier, that's a disgusting lie and anyone that makes such claim should be ashamed.

And It doesn't matter how much you wanted Cheetah to humiliate Catwoman, Greg made a movie dedicated to various female characters from the DC universe, and it wasn't because he doesn't understand gender equality.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Wtf does that matter? Greg Weisman didn't allow Catwoman to win because she is sexier, that's a disgusting lie and anyone that makes such claim should be ashamed.

And It doesn't matter how much you wanted Cheetah to humiliate Catwoman, Greg made a movie dedicated to various female characters from the DC universe, and it wasn't because he doesn't understand gender equality.
    Since you seem to be defending the movie most vociferously, I take it you like it. That you found no faults in the movie at all. Am I correct in stating this?

Baaed on how he portrayed cheetah. His view of WW being inferior to sm. And cassie and donna being weaker than a superman clone that is not o par with the real thing. Yes i can say he does not understand gender equality.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Apparently all Catwoman has going for her is being sexy and the only reason why writers use her