Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post

Let's do this then. Anytime someone makes a remark that it is all about character and story, not power levels, take it to a thread specifically about that. We don't need to hear that all the time. It's tiresome!
    Lol, that's funny

Anyway, I don't see anybody here telling Mystical to leave the forum. Nor have I said anyone else should leave the forum. So don't make false accusations

And nobody should pretend to be a feminist and make disgraceful sexist and baseless accusations about thoughtful and progressive authors while disregarding everything that they have contributed, and wildly lying about what they have done.

This discussion didn't start when people complained once again about Cheetah. It started when someone made another disgraceful accusation about Greg Weisman
    Last edited by Alpha; 03-09-2022 at 08:25 AM.

[Double post]

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Lol, that's funny

Anyway, I don't see anybody here telling Mystical to leave the forum. Nor have I said anyone else should leave the forum. So don't make false accusations

And nobody should pretend to be a feminist and make disgraceful sexist and baseless accusations about thoughtful and progressive authors while disregarding everything that they have contributed, and wildly lying about what they have done.

This discussion didn't start when people complained once again about Cheetah. It started when someone made another disgraceful accusation about Greg Weisman
    Let me know the false accusations that I made. I truly want to know. Or are you referring to someone else?

You are directly replying to one of my posts so I can only assume that I made this false accusation that you are talking about.

The sentence "false accusations" was directed at the people saying Greg Weisman is a sexist because he didn't make Cheetah as humongously powerful as some people want.

But I did come under the impression that you also believed we were asking mystical to leave. You did not utter those words and It was a mistake on my part. I apologize

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The sentence "false accusations" was directed at the people saying Greg Weisman is a sexist because he didn't make Cheetah as humongously powerful as some people want.

But I did come under the impression that you also believed we were asking mystical to leave. You did not utter those words and It was a mistake on my part. I apologize
    Thanks for the apology.

I try and be precise in my posts, so when I see someone commenting on a specific post I made and throwing out statements that seem to infer that I made, then I try and call them out on it. Thanks again

Yeah you were right to criticize my statement

Extraordinary Member

So I hope this means that anymore power level posts and why WW should be able to beat up x, y, and z can be confined to this thread, the power level thread, and the supposed Tom Taylor bias thread. Or can we simply combine them into one thread? That would certainly be more efficient.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    So I hope this means that anymore power level posts and why WW should be able to beat up x, y, and z can be confined to this thread, the power level thread, and the supposed Tom Taylor bias thread. Or can we simply combine them into one thread? That would certainly be more efficient.
    Probably won't happen, just like the character and story debate versus power level debate.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Probably won't happen, just like the character and story debate versus power level debate.
    Okay.

10 characters
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

would you consider that Teen Titans Go episode sexist or just perverted?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    would you consider that Teen Titans Go episode sexist or just perverted?
    I know the one you're talking about, and I hate that I do because I dislike the show and don't watch it, but.... y'know YouTube. I would say perverted and creepy. Its one thing to have a crush and think a character is hot and all but, that was just really bad and uncomfortable what they did.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

The stuff about Weisman and Wonder Woman's world, I think that he either doesn't care that much about Wonder Woman, or doesn't really get it.

I mean looking at Diana in YJ's season 3, I think she's pathetic there, one of leaders in that "Anti-Light" group, and all she does is be out of the loop, learn of stuff once it's already happening to complain about, and there's the scene where Batman asks her if she expects Supes to lie under trial, which does make it look like Batman thinks Supes is bitchier than her about lying, which, to her credit, she does reply "do you expect me to lie?", but that does little to help her out, since even though she tries to convince everyone else to stop the Anti-Light nonsense, she doesn't do anything else, just keeps doing nothing until everyone else finds out, then stops being one of the League's leaders so Jefferson can take over.

In normal situations she shouldn't even be considered to be part of Anti-Light just because of how much they have to lie.

Also, someone pointed out once, maybe Alpha, that Devastation from YJ has barely anything in common with her comic counterpart, went from a living weapon I think to just some brute whose entire personality is "brute" and "Psimon's girlfriend", and only the last bit is different in YJ itself considering the cartoon has other simple brutes.

So yeah, I think he treats Wonder Woman poorly in YJ in season 3 (She looked better before, even though she didn't show up much), Devastation seemingly being changed so much to a more generic route, but, he's not sexist for doing so, Weisman is definitely not perfect as a writer, director or whatever, he has his own bias over what to do with the characters and how the world develops, which, can have pretty fun ideas, and also really dumb ideas, but just because he makes dumb stuff, it doesn't mean he's sexist because some female characters had it worse, again, it just means he's biased and may not understand every aspect of DC, which may make him look incompetent when using particular aspects, but it has been pointed out many times in this thread how other female characters had it good under him.

So short version, I don't see how his poor treatment of Diana and her world is an indication of sexism given his track record with other females.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 04-19-2022 at 11:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I know the one you're talking about, and I hate that I do because I dislike the show and don't watch it, but.... y'know YouTube. I would say perverted and creepy. Its one thing to have a crush and think a character is hot and all but, that was just really bad and uncomfortable what they did.
    Wait, what episode of TTG? Was Wonder Woman in an episode of that show? Was she used in a creepy, objectifying manner?

Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

JMS-Makes Gwen Stacy into a sexually lose woman when we already got Mary Jane and to top it all of it is keept as a secret between Gwen and Mary Jane. Also the frase ''cats always lie'' is especially uncomfortable in this context given that it is an old saying that ''women are like cats men are like dogs''.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So yeah, I think he treats Wonder Woman poorly in YJ in season 3 (She looked better before, even though she didn't show up much), Devastation seemingly being changed so much to a more generic route, but, he's not sexist for doing so, Weisman is definitely not perfect as a writer, director or whatever, he has his own bias over what to do with the characters and how the world develops, which, can have pretty fun ideas, and also really dumb ideas, but just because he makes dumb stuff, it doesn't mean he's sexist because some female characters had it worse, again, it just means he's biased and may not understand every aspect of DC, which may make him look incompetent when using particular aspects, but it has been pointed out many times in this thread how other female characters had it good under him.

So short version, I don't see how his poor treatment of Diana and her world is an indication of sexism given his track record with other females.
    It's like when Geoff Johns wrote most of the titles at DC. At some point, you're going to stretch yourself thin and whatever concepts/characters you don't get are going to be obvious to those reading or watching your stories.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly