Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    I don't remember seeing anyone ever saying that Superman gets often thrown under the bus to make Wonder Woman look powerful, and that would be also a quite obvious lie, Death Earth is basically the only full example i could even name without thinking about it for a good while.
    Maybe not WW specifically, but for a good number of other characters.

Are you sure they did not just say, that Superman gets often thrown under the bus to make Batman look good?
    TBF, it's clearly more than just Superman (and I say this as a Batman fan).

What? Literally milions of people have seen it with the entire rest of the Justice League as victim in the DCEU, and it is not like as if we would nearly need to go back to Matt Wagner's Trinity for a more specific Wonder Woman example, even in the not dubious canon.

I get the feeling you underestimate how often Wonder Woman and some of her villains get portrayed as quite weak, especially in comparison with certain male superheroes or supervillains, but there are also many other silly things that it sometimes randomly looks like she can't fly even outside of examples where she truly can't fly.
    I don't underestimate that in the least. I just think we can talk about other things about the character as well.

I do think that mystical41 exaggerates and makes this theme seemingly too often the only thing they talk about...
    THANK YOU!!!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    And here look what i found. This is the writer that had the male Cheetah fight Superman. Just take a look at what he said about that comic and the issues with the editors. We can only wish editors cared this much about WW and her lore.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FLz_eLHa...pg&name=medium
    I wonder how these editors reacted when Will Pfeiffer had Batman defeat Cheetah and Circe with one punch. Something tells me they didn't even bat an eye.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I wonder how these editors reacted when Will Pfeiffer had Batman defeat Cheetah and Circe with one punch. Something tells me they didn't even bat an eye.
    Of course not. Stuff like this is very telling. Where are the people that were here a few days ago. Saying that sexism had nothging to do with female chracters power levels being portrayed badly? They should take a look at the link i posted. And there is obviously many more examples that we can find.

Of course not. Stuff like this is very telling. Where are the people that were here a few days ago. Saying that sexism had nothging to do with female chracters power levels being portrayed badly? They should take a look at the link i posted. And there is obviously many more examples that we can find.
    Dude that comic is from 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Dude that comic is from 2002.
    And how little has changed...

Extraordinary Member

I mean, you'd also think by now that there'd be at least one memorable Cheetah story, but here we are.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I mean, you'd also think by now that there'd be at least one memorable Cheetah story, but here we are.
    Depends on what you mean by memorable.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-18-2022 at 10:16 AM.

If she keeps being treated like trash by the writers and editors of course she won't have any memorable stories.

And here look what i found. This is the writer that had the male Cheetah fight Superman. Just take a look at what he said about that comic and the issues with the editors. We can only wish editors cared this much about WW and her lore.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FLz_eLHa...pg&name=medium
    It's very difficult to sneak up on someone with super hearing

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Angel View Post
    It's very difficult to sneak up on someone with super hearing
    That is not the point. They had no problem with The Cheetah giving Superman a fight. As long as it was a male. The sexism jumped out in what the writer commented in that post. And 20 years later. Not much has changed.

If she keeps getting treated like trash by writers and editors. Her only memorable moments will be being a punching bag for street levelers.

And every character has a certain used. What is so memorable about Doomsday? What is so complex about the character? His whole thing is being a killing machine that killed Superman and can threat the earth and JL. There isn't much more to him than that. Yet do you see the writers and editos constantly using him as a punching bag for street levelers? No. They have more respect for what his stats and level are supposed to be. So why can't Cheetah be respected? She doesn't have to be just like Doomsday. But why can't she be respected in a similar way, and not be used in random battles against humans, where she shouldn't have any struggle at all? You should be able to have both. Character moments and good power level porttrayal. One thing doesn't negate the other. No other iconic hero has his/herr villains treated like trash as often as WW has hers.

If she keeps getting treated like trash by writers and editors. Her only memorable moments will be being a punching bag for street levelers.

And every character has a certain used. What is so memorable about Doomsday? What is so complex about the character? His whole thing is being a killing machine that killed Superman and can threat the earth and JL. There isn't much more to him than that. Yet do you see the writers and editos constantly using him as a punching bag for street levelers? No. They have more respect for what his stats and level are supposed to be. So why can't Cheetah be respected? She doesn't have to be just like Doomsday. But why can't she be respected in a similar way, and not be used in random battles against humans, where she shouldn't have any struggle at all? You should be able to have both. Character moments and good power level porttrayal. One thing doesn't negate the other. No other iconic hero has his/herr villains treated like trash as often as WW has hers.
    I agree that Doomsday is not an interesting character, and hope that we don't see him again in any capacity for a long time. He served one purpose: kill Superman while making a lot of unintelligible grunting sounds. But because he's THE Superman killer, that's the reason why he's almost never used as a doormat except for maybe Our Worlds at War (but it took a character like Imperiex to kill him, so he wasn't really that much of a jobber).

There's no good excuse for why Cheetah gets so many bad showings, but I think we all understand the underlying reasons why so it's no longer surprising when someone portrays Catwoman KOing Cheetah.

Mighty Member

Ya'll think one shot pony Doomsday is respected? I mean...I guess. His "respect" is being linked to one specific story, which they adapt so much it makes Krypton exploding seem new and fresh. He can't do ANYTHING else...and on top of that he died in the end anyway like any plot device (as they needed to get rid of him) You could have accomplished what Doomsday's "feat" with an alien virus (Dr. Poison anyone?)

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Ya'll think one shot pony Doomsday is respected? I mean...I guess. His "respect" is being linked to one specific story, which they adapt so much it makes Krypton exploding seem new and fresh. He can't do ANYTHING else...and on top of that he died in the end anyway like any plot device (as they needed to get rid of him) You could have accomplished what Doomsday's "feat" with an alien virus (Dr. Poison anyone?)
    People love Doomsday and view him as a major threat. Has he been overused and downplayed since his OG story? Yes. But he still holds a very high rank in the superman villain hierarchy

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    The thing is you don't see Riddler and Penguin beating up Doomsday in a physical fight.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly