Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Sadly for them, there is an option; don't buy DC comics if you don't like them. I find it very simple not to buy something I don't like, and I imagine pretty much anyone can also not buy something they don't like; perhaps someone should tell DC about this. Also, I hear there are other comic book companies to patronize out there as alternatives.
    All the DC stuff I buy these days is out of continuity. Which I've been doing for a while now. Unfortunately they don't seem to be taking the hint.
    Assassinate Putin!

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Grant for sure seems to lament going against Dan and 5G. The more I hear about it the more I actually wish it would of happend. Or at the very least I wish I could read the document Grant's talking about

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Sadly for them, there is an option; don't buy DC comics if you don't like them. I find it very simple not to buy something I don't like, and I imagine pretty much anyone can also not buy something they don't like; perhaps someone should tell DC about this. Also, I hear there are other comic book companies to patronize out there as alternatives.
    Well as we saw with ANAD Marvel and the amount of Dudebros, gators and even store owners throwing fits-not guying books bearing the Marvel or DC logo is not an option.
    Fits, toxic behavior, threats and so on have to be done.

Erick Larson said the same thing as did Patrick Kindlon in his letter page of his book There is Nothing There.
    All these books out there and folks are throwing fits over certain books existing.

I mean if someone has an issue with minorities only getting shots as legacies-there are over 20 minority lead books at other companies like Tom Taylor's Secret Seven, Cullen Bunn's Blood Parish, Shadow Man, Rodney Barnes's Killadeplhia, David Walker's Bitter Root, Nightmare Blog, Millar's Prodigy, House Of Slaughter, Dark Blood, Farmhands, Relay, Rivers of London and many others.

Minus turning the existing characters into villains (something I’m not against in theory but not with the ones they chose) I still think 5G could’ve out at the very least interesting. Just like New 52 it obviously would not have lasted forever and would’ve been at least been something different while acknowledging everything that came before.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I like how he describes Mark Miller here. Have they reconciled?

I don't understand the desire to make Superman a superNazi. Why, Dan? Why?

And with all of Hypertime or whatever we're calling it today why can't their be manga-like series exploring say WW 's delivery of the verse from aggression and war? Or Vandal Savage's slow but steady march toward ultimate conquest or whatever?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I just read itt and believer they were being sarcastic.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    they had a falling out? didn't Morrison ghost write a number of Ultimate X-Men for Millar as well as write Flash together?

I just know of the beef between Moore and Morrison, but I suspect that is a one way beef from the former

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    they had a falling out? didn't Morrison ghost write a number of Ultimate X-Men for Millar as well as write Flash together?

I just know of the beef between Moore and Morrison, but I suspect that is a one way beef from the former
    Yes, big one over Authority, of all things (at least that's the "public" version). Morrison has indicated that they hate Millar with a passion a number of times.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Yes, big one over Authority, of all things (at least that's the "public" version). Morrison has indicated that they hate Millar with a passion a number of times.
    Really!?

Over Authority of all things that super interesting, I gotta find more info on this.

I mean who can ever not fall in love with Morrison, I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't like them.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Morrison is an interesting case in that they clearly adore the writing of people they also clearly dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Morrison is an interesting case in that they clearly adore the writing of people they also clearly dislike.
    Yeah, he does talk about how he was inspired by Tom Strong here, and the Morrison/Moore rivalry is legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Really!?

Over Authority of all things that super interesting, I gotta find more info on this.

I mean who can ever not fall in love with Morrison, I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't like them.
    What is said in the Rumor Mill is that GRant wrote Millar's Authority finale because Millar was sick, but he then never admited that or credited Morrison, an that started a whole thing. However, I gotta say that from the way I've seen Moprrison refer to Millar over the years, I believe there may be more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That's not so uncommon. I"m the same way. And let me say, it's better to adore the work of people you despide than to despise the work of people whom you adore. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Yeah, he does talk about how he was inspired by Tom Strong here, and the Morrison/Moore rivalry is legendary.
    At this point, I'm convinced said rivalry is mostly for show. Maybe Moore forgot it was for show a while ago, and started taking it seriously or something, but when you take into account some of Moore statements, Morrison rebutals, and Karen Berger pretty much pointing out they're both full of it... well...

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    What is said in the Rumor Mill is that Grant wrote Millar's Authority finale because Millar was sick, but he then never admited that or credited Morrison, an that started a whole thing. However, I gotta say that from the way I've seen Moprrison refer to Millar over the years, I believe there may be more to it.

That's not so uncommon. I"m the same way. And let me say, it's better to adore the work of people you despise than to despise the work of people whom you adore. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At this point, I'm convinced said rivalry is mostly for show. Maybe Moore forgot it was for show a while ago, and started taking it seriously or something, but when you take into account some of Moore statements, Morrison rebutals, and Karen Berger pretty much pointing out they're both full of it... well...

lol, I can imagine Millar being that petty.

but you're right you should divorce the art from the artist, if not then there wouldn't be much for us to like.