Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

This is probably the 'team split' Jean and Scott were discussing back in X-Men 3.
    Since we have half of the characters here, we can probably make a good guess as to who's in the other team and where they are going.

X-Men 11 - Jean's Cosmic Team (Jean Grey, Rogue, Polaris, Wolverine) against Cordyceps Jones in Gameworld.
    Set up in X-Men 3 where Jean gets the information regarding Cordyceps Jones and coordinates to Gameworld from the High Evolutionary's mind.

X-Men 12 - Scott's Earth Team (Cyclops, Synch, Sunfire) against Dr Stasis in the Oblivion Institute.
    Set up in X-Men 7 where Stasis was responsible for Scott's public death and told Scott where to find him (though Scott probably doesn't recall that).

The two teams will probably reunite at the end of X-Men 12 as they head into the Hellfire Gala (in June) and Judgment Day (in July).

That said, I wonder who's taking care of Feilong on Phobos Base, or is he a threat that will continue on into the Year 2 X-Men?

Dammit, I really don't like Tini's writing, but Kylun is just such a cool character. I might just have to give her a last chance just based on him being in the team.

So, a third month of no X-Men Legends? Guess it’s definitely history!

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

If the Knights are headed to the Crooked Market, then let them rescue Red Root.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I would love Rogue in that look regularly.
    If they do that, then I can drop this book off my pull list.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Am I the only one that's not a fan of them using the gala outfits as their main outfits? I know this is part of theme of the issue, but I saw storm and jean are going to start using the outfits as their main uniforms and it just seems uninspired to me.
    How is it uninspired? I remember fans of both Jean and Storm gushing over their gala outfits. Myself included .

A good design is a good design.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    They really are such a badass team. I can't wait.
    I love seeing Laura part of the X-Women like this.
    I found myself smiling at the cover too. I haven't been that fond of the book til now but from what I have seen from 8 and onwards does change my mind a bit.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    So, a third month of no X-Men Legends? Guess it’s definitely history!
    That is what I thought too, are we sure these are all the x-books of May?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

May is going to be a great month for Madelyne Pyror. I have a feeling her story is going to steal the show.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    X-Men #11 - I have a sudden feeling that Jean's much hyped 'feat' before the end of the first year is going to be something like idk, laying a planet-wide geas on all the players at Gameworld making them unable to target Earth anymore. Like one of those things where their brains automatically record-skip to thinking about some blank region of space the second they try and think about Earth. Idk, something like that. Weird hunch is weird.

Immortal X-Men #3 - The Destiny Diaries are one of my favorite longrunning subplots, so I am curious to see what elements of them get focused on specifically. Also it would be cool to use this as an opportunity to upend some longheld truth stemming from a Diaries subplot, like literally any of the things they read in the Diaries and only believed because well, it was Destiny and she knows what she's talking about. But now that Irene's back in action there's potential for her to be like....oh yeah, I was totally lying in that one part because I just wanted people to act a certain way based off believing that was true. But nah. That was a lie. (Oracles/seers trusted because of how infallible their powers are then revealing themselves to be blatantly lying in support of their own agenda is SUCH a good trope IMO lol. Like there's so much room for Irene's precognitive abilities to be reliable narrators but Irene HERSELF is an unreliable narrator who is always free to just.....lie about the stuff she sees, in pursuit of her own agendas).

Knights of X #2 - Eh, Gambit fans have more than earned their cynicism given Howard's tendency to himbo him up and act like a guy who's literally been a King of Thieves doesn't know how to rub two brain cells together. But hey, I'd be all for that being a long con and her leaning into fans' distrust of her depiction of him and the real zag is going to be he's only fake leading them into a trap when everyone thinks the zig is he's being reckless and shortsighted again. We'll see. The aesthetics for KoX so far have my attention at least, and Kylun wasn't on my radar for this book at all but he should've been and I'm kicking myself, lol. Also hoping that with them back in the Crooked Market we'll see the Redroot subplot followed up on, and I'm becoming more and more convinced that the holy grail of mutantkind that Betsy's searching for isn't a what but a who. Probably the witchbreed version of Mordred that was so pivotal offscreen to the start of this whole war with Arthur? And there's still Mercator holed up in his private little dimension in Otherworld, and he more than fits the bill for a 'Break Glass In Case of Emergency' kind of solution to mutant problems. Ugh, I WANT to like this book, so fingers crossed that this incarnation of Howard's run lands better for me than Excalibur did. (Also lol at Death looms over the Knights of X......gotta give an amused eye roll to that play on words there, definitely a nod to the Horseman Death being in this issue IMO).

Legion of X #2 - Another case of 'I want to like it because the ideas sound cool, but execution can be hit or miss for me' but Mother Righteous and the other new characters have my attention for now. I'm guessing Weaponless Zsen is the new character we've seen sparring with Kurt in various preview images, and I'm curious if the Skinjacker IS the rogue god they're supposed to track down, or in addition to that character. Previous interviews made it sound to me like those were two different characters but now I kinda get the sense they're one and the same. As for 'beastly clash' with a dangerous X-Man this Weaponless Zsen tangles with, hmm, way too many could fit that bill but I wonder if its not actually Hank or Logan but Juggernaut and this is how he joins up with the Legion of X crew.

Marauders #3 - I have zero idea where Orlando's going with this whole first generation of mutants thing and their connection to the Shi'ar specifically, and I love that. I do like that Xandra's so connected to the current era of X-books, but I wish there was a Grey/Summers family member on the team just so somebody can pointedly remind the Shi'ar of that time they wiped out the entire extended family of several X-Men all to prevent the possibility of another Phoenix host....and how did that work out for them exactly? Idk there's been a fair amount of talk lately about how the Shi'ar view the X-Men and mutants due to stuff like Emperor Vulcan, and not a ton about how actually the X-Men have plenty of grudges against the Shi'ar as well. Would be nice to see some acknowledgments of that.

New Mutants #26 - Its pretty clear by now (IMO) that Maddie isn't in Limbo as a rival or threat to Illyana but rather at her request, and thus sounds like the real showdown to be had here isn't between them but between Illyana and Belasco, and I'm always down to see Yana punt that ******* into orbit.

Wolverine #21 - No thoughts, head empty. Couldn't care less.

X-Force #28 - Not to be a snarky bitch on main, but I feel like I've literally read this same plot a dozen times before already. How many times does Cerebro or a variation or someone else go around collecting mutant powers or making their own fake X-Men? Its definitely been done (literally just like a month ago lol, in that Unlimited X-Men comic with Juggernaut and a bad guy who was.....absorbing/using the powers of dozens of mutants while most everyone was unconscious on the island)....I just don't have much faith in Percy to do anything new with the concept. Yes I'm just being cranky about the wasted potential of X-Force, lol, oh well. And I truly don't understand why you would just make Quentin into a facsimile of the Juggernaut when Cain is now free to come and go from the island as he pleases so like....just....use....the real Juggernaut? Idek man.

X-Men Red #3 - Yessssss to Machiavellian power plays from rival factions.....I was expecting X-Men Red to shake up the Great Ring and have a couple challenges for seats, but I was assuming it would be for the three as yet unrevealed seats rather than an existing one.....but it makes total sense that the Arakki actually hate Tarn and are like by all means, unseat the bitch, lmao. BUT who will actually end up doing it? I feel like Abigail Brand's play is actually to throw Vulcan at Tarn's face and go 'the best way to fight an ******* is with a bigger *******' and maybe Roberto's the one backing Magneto? Would love for X-Men Red to delve into the connections between Erik and Sunspot from back when Magneto was the New Mutants' headmaster, and kinda show how far Roberto's come since then, like, they're not student and teacher anymore, they're both players on the galactic scene. That could be cool.

(Of course, cuz I gotta be me, what I REALLY would love is if the much rumored 'secret cast member' we've yet to see revealed is of course Iceman, and he ends up being a surprise challenger backed by Storm, and like, literally nobody looks at the trio of Vulcan, Magneto and Iceman and thinks oh yeah, Iceman's the actual contender here, the one who can actually bring down someone like Tarn BUT plot twist, Tarn egomaniacally goes to fight his latest challenger thinking I'm just gonna stand here, yawn and then tweak his genes the second he's in range like I always do and then Bobby's like lmao surprise bitch, you're literally just fighting a giant block of ice being animated by my mind while my real body is miles away cuz I can do that, duh. How you going to tweak the genes of an animated block of ice when it doesn't even HAVE genes to tweak HMMM? You look so goofy right now lmao.'

And then the real story begins if Bobby actually wins cuz he's like wait, I have to be part of an actual GOVERNMENT now? Storm I thought I just was supposed to kick this guy's ass for you nobody told me anything about being like an actual government leader who has to lead people and make hard choices what the hell this is ENTIRELY counter to my primary ethos! Storm: I literally told you all of this in depth. Bobby: Yeah but I wasn't listening cuz I was busy just imagining people oohing and ahhing after I beat this douchebag! Storm: Regardless, I have the utmost faith in your ability to rise to the challenge, Robert. Bobby: Yeah? Utmost faith? Can....can I borrow some of that?)

Or y'know. Something like that. Idk. Clearly I have no real thoughts on this subject at all.
    my first thought was literally i want to see bobby drop his body tempature to absolute zero and because of it tarn powers have no effect on his physical body and then he let's him know what's up. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

KYLUN! Man, now we just need Feron (I still think it’s a crime no one thought to use him during all of the Phoenix stories since then..) and Cerise (with all of the Shi’ar stiff going on it’s sad we haven’t seen her).

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    That is what I thought too, are we sure these are all the x-books of May?
    No, these are only the 9 books in Destiny of X promo. Sabretooth, Wolverine: Patch, Gambit and X-cellent are still going. Gambit #1 is scheduled to be released in May 11th, for example.

X-men legends is cancelled. Last issue is #12, but Patch and Gambit are kind of the same thing with Hama and Claremont.

Oh yeah. Forgot about those. Thanks.

I’ll also be pulling Sabretooth, Wolverine: Patch, and Gambit.

Getting everything but X-Force. I might get Wolverine; I don't care for Deadpool, but I want to know about Danger and the robots. X-Force has been bleh.

Glad to hear we're getting more Arraki stuff. Finally, they're mining the concept. Now we just need to see them interact with their ancestor and real god, Hellion.
    Last edited by Rift; 02-15-2022 at 07:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Mighty Member

Most of the books don't look interesting except Immortal X-Men.