Amazing Member

Default Why walter hamada has run the dceu into the ground

I can't believe this batgirl as the new batman in the DCEU her movie is only for hbo max come on warner brothers at least pretend like you are not running this universe into the dirt but i want to know you guys out there's opinions why is he doing this for money why? He already gets paid enough as the head of dc films i swear the only ones i want to see are black adam aquaman shazam and wonder woman and zatanna everything else like batgirl supergirl and the rest will suck because it's all a cash grab, but really guys what do you think give me your honest opinion on walter hamada and the dceu the current state of it that is

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batfleck89 View Post
    I can't believe this batgirl as the new batman in the DCEU her movie is only for hbo max come on warner brothers at least pretend like you are not running this universe into the dirt but i want to know you guys out there's opinions why is he doing this for money why? He already gets paid enough as the head of dc films i swear the only ones i want to see are black adam aquaman shazam and wonder woman and zatanna everything else like batgirl supergirl and the rest will suck because it's all a cash grab, but really guys what do you think give me your honest opinion on walter hamada and the dceu the current state of it that is
    Maybe it's just you that's not enjoying it? I agree that it feels slapdash compared to the MCU formula, but there's a lot there to like. I'm interested to see what they do with Batgirl and it's at least intriguing that Michael Keaton's Batman shows up there.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

I like Batgirl.

His leadership will fail to bring in that sweet Spiderman movie money.

I mean you said "The only ones" you wanted to see and then listed half of the films being released so I don't really think that qualifies as "run into the ground" personally

I'm perfectly content to stand by & watch Batgirl/Supergirl replace the originals & see it's "overwhelming" box office success.

Why are Batgirl and Supergirl a "cash grab" and not Black Adam or the others on the list?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Why are Batgirl and Supergirl a "cash grab" and not Black Adam or the others on the list?
    Black Adam has the The Rock and ensures that film will at least break even.

While the other two feature leads of certain demographics and we all know that is the Dubebros calling card to not support and/or bash.

DESPITE the fact both have way more solo comics than Black Adam will EVER have.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Black Adam has the The Rock and ensures that film will at least break even.

While the other two feature leads of certain demographics and we all know that is the Dubebros calling card to not support and/or bash.

DESPITE the fact both have way more solo comics than Black Adam will EVER have.
    Seems like it's more fair to call Black Adam a cash grab then

BANNED

I don't know who that is, and to be fair I honestly don't care. Disney's figured out a formula and it's pretty much sticking to it. Before everything became a Guardians sequel there were quite a few misses, including what should have been an easy slam-dunk with the perfect casting of RDJr in the Iron Man armor but led to two pretty awful sequels and a first movie that is probably more beloved for nostalgia reasons and kicking off the Disney hero-verse than for quality reasons (it kept it simple, a lesson DC needs to learn).

The people in charge gambled on the edgelord/neckbeard crowd with "300"''s Snyder leading the way with one of their big 2. On paper that should have been successful. And while I'm not a fan of Snyder, I have no doubt he could have made a passable Batman movie. And he tried. It's just that he chose to have it star Superman. Then they rushed into the Justice League. Some of the things they've thrown at the wall have stuck. Aquaman played by a not terribly talented but eyeball drawing actor in Mamoa (same could be said of Cavill, so they're doing that right at least) worked. Wonder Woman (female version of Mamoa) was a solid C, C-. Joker and Shazam were actually good movies, but are far enough away from the Snyderverse that they weren't hamstrung by it.

So the question is, do they do a soft reboot and keep some of the characters but replace others? Keep all of the characters and just forget the bad stuff that came before? Scrap it all, and just put out individual movies based on what they think will sell and simply concede to Disney on the whole integrated hero universe thing? Not sure, and honestly not sure what I'd want of them. Hopefully a handful of good movies amongst the crowd. I'm far past the the feeling of obligation as a long-time fan to go out and watch every superhero movie that comes out. And honestly, I would at least have some hope we might see something original where I don't have much hope for that in the formulaic (but again, solid popcorn movies) Disney line.

They are all kind of cash grabs. Doesn't one successful movie make more than all the comics do in a year? That could be wrong though.

and Supergirl does not excite me. She does not give me the vibes that I like, so as of now Aquaman and Black Adam are what I'm most likely to watch.