Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New Han/Leia wedding novel coming

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-w...RnoL_QhOM5SbPE

The original EU version of Han and Leia's marriage happened in the old "Jedi Prince" YA adult series, which oddly enough, dealt with Palpatine's son and grandson, but it was later overridden by the Courtship of Princess Leia novel, which took place a year before the Thrawn trilogy and notably added the Witches of Dathomir to Star Wars lore, which is still in the Disney canon (Although with some tweaks). Now it looks like a third, Disney version is coming out, although of course with a tie-in to Disney's new hotel.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

This might be fun!

You just know Lando's gonna score with some bridesmaids...

But one thing I hope is touched upon with Leia is the fallout from her just having found out that Luke is her brother and Vader was her father. I know she "always knew" deep down, but still. It's not something we've ever seen (or have we? I haven't read the books and not all the comics) and having the book take place during this time period would be the place to see her go through that.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

But one thing I hope is touched upon with Leia is the fallout from her just having found out that Luke is her brother and Vader was her father. I know she "always knew" deep down, but still. It's not something we've ever seen (or have we? I haven't read the books and not all the comics) and having the book take place during this time period would be the place to see her go through that.
    The Bloodline novel by Claudia Gray went into it, maybe moreso her feelings about Vader/Anakin than how she reacted to Luke being her brother.

I wonder if this will touch on Luke training her at all.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

In the old EU Anakin's ghost appears to her in "Truce at Bakura" which takes place shortly after ROTJ (The novel's a weird one, basically the Rebels and an Imperial world team up against a group of invading Dinosaur-like aliens who drain people's life force to power their tech) although she kind of doesn't forgive him. Eventually she becomes more accepting of him after learning more of his tragic past in the Tatooine Ghost novel, and winds up naming her second son Anakin.

Also she and Luke don't really keep it secret, which proves to be a boon in the Thrawn trilogy when it turns out Thrawn's Noghri commandoes practically *worship* Vader.

However in the new EU she-and presumably Luke-do keep it secret from most people-including Ben. But then a rival senator-who is also working with the First Order-finds out from a Bail Organa hologram. Oops. (This happens in "Bloodline")

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    However in the new EU she-and presumably Luke-do keep it secret from most people-including Ben. But then a rival senator-who is also working with the First Order-finds out from a Bail Organa hologram. Oops. (This happens in "Bloodline")
    And ironically the subsequent fallout of that and Leia's own feelings of powerlessness make her understand Anakin for the first time in her life.

I don't think it's been elaborated on too much (I think the Kylo Ren comics didn't bring it up at all) but the feeling of betrayal that his mother kept this information from him and probably going down the Rabbit hole of perhaps researching his Grandfather was a contributing factor in Ben's eventual turn.