Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Disney has done it in the past. The Black and white "A Day in the Life of Donald Duck" shows him going to work at the studio, opening fan mail and arguing with his voice actor, Clarence Nash. "The Autograph Hound" was a short where he is continually kicked out of a film studio, until he is recognized by Shirley Temple and several other classic celebrities as the famous star Donald Duck.

Darkwing Duck had an episode where DW was being replaced on his own TV show with Bushroot. ("A Star is Scorned.") Darkwing has to sneak onto the studio lot dressed as Donald.

The Lion King 1/2 has Timon and Pumbaa watching the original Lion King in a theater, and then fast forwarding to their appearance in the film.
    Disney has done it, but it's been the main point for Warner Bros and MGM ( Tom and Jerry/Droopy back in the 40-50's).

Invincible Member

Having said that Disney did give us "Shookums and Meat" which was their attempt at a Tex Avery influenced "Ren and Stimpy" cartoon...

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think it'll be a family/kid's movie, but they're definitely using adult nostalgia to sell it. What 10 year old cares about MC Scat Kat?
    And adult Jokes. Monterey Jack is crack head living in crackhead alley. Except crack is cheese. Then there’s other jokes that are definetly aimed more at adults then small kids along with straight up Nostalgia. I’m in though, I’d rather this then then just remake the cartoon. I loved the cartoon as a kid but it wasn’t something like Gargoyles. That was just a step above other cartoon at the time writing wise(Batman animated series was in that upper tier too) Chip and Dale was just a fun show. Better to do something original with it then just remake the show or continue it. I’m expecting Seth Rogan darkwing duck to have a twist in it aswell(Rogan is the one doing Darkwing right?)

Also love the mixing of different animation styles.

The plot synopsis said that chip and Dale will have to find a missing friend, and considering the only one we did not saw after the time skip is Gadget we can assume she was the one missing.
    She is flying the ranger plane around when zipper lights dales rocket. (why IS zipper doing that anyway?) So we do see her in one shot.

I think it'll be a family/kid's movie, but they're definitely using adult nostalgia to sell it. What 10 year old cares about MC Scat Kat?
    Mc scat kat was huge when that flashback takes place. He had his own music video and was on seseme street with bugs bunny!

Makes sense he would be there at that time.

BANNED

I'm currently watching it and it's really good

Dale trying to 'rap' is gold....

Getting a theatre release in LA to count for oscars.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Gaastra; 05-20-2022 at 09:06 AM.

BANNED

Overall it's pretty good, nowhere near as wild as I'd thought it'd be, and that's a good thing, kept everything tight,

Critical nipicks

spoilers:
    It's less about the Rescue Rangers as a team and more about Chip and Dale playing 'detective' with a human cop while sorting out their showbiz issues and debating the relevancy of their brand

The 4chan rumour that Pluto was the villain wasn't true, though I suspect it may have been in the earlier script drafts. But those saying 'Sweet Pete' wasn't An older Peter Pan were dead wrong, and he is the main villain of the film. His whole backstory is actually a riff on the tragedy of Bobby Driscoll

I like what they did with Zipper and his Babies Ever After romance with Gadget, but it's a real bummer that Monty, him and Gadget really don't get involved in the final fight at all, Gadget is very much the taxi driver to Dale and says to him, and essentially the audience, that she'll never change as as character, almost as if responding to internet speculation she'd be a feminist man-hating action chick...that's fine, but actually do something like show your smarts instead. She doesn't do either. She's just Happily Married and that's it.

This is essentially another Sonic movie too. Ugly Sonic has the best scenes and is more crucial in tying up the final act of the movie than Monty, Zipper, or Gadget are. SONIC. In a Disney movie, is more plot relevant than the Disney afternoon characters.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 05-20-2022 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess I'm just not much of a paroday guy.

Seth Rogen's doing something with Darkwing.
    What's Tim Drake got to do with this?

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

I heard people say the Chip and Dale film isn't bad but from everything I heard, it still sounds like absolute trash especially making Peter Pan the bad guy with his story sound too much like VA Bobby Driscoll's fall from grace story.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    I heard people say the Chip and Dale film isn't bad but from everything I heard, it still sounds like absolute trash especially making Peter Pan the bad guy with his story sound too much like VA Bobby Driscoll's fall from grace story.
    The part I did a double and triple take on, was Gadget, the female mouse, starting a family with the fly. That, raises SO many uncomfortable questions.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

So I watched the Chip n Dale movie with my nephew and I enjoyed it. I got a kick at seeing all the references and visual gags. I don't know how a mouse and fly can have kids together but I don't want to think about it. I hope that gadget never search for herself on the internet. She might not like what she finds.

This movie had more Ugly Sonic than I expected. I thought he was going to be a throwaway gag but ended up being more. Also, how can he possibly be a Sonic if he's slow?

I didn't have an issue with an adult Peter Pan being a villain. Even if it was riff on a real story I can it how that experience could turn someone into a villain.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The part I did a double and triple take on, was Gadget, the female mouse, starting a family with the fly. That, raises SO many uncomfortable questions.
    Uncomfortable?

...I think you're overthinking that to some really weird levels.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Uncomfortable?

...I think you're overthinking that to some really weird levels.
    He's not. The movie shows some of their 42 children and they are all these mouse/fly hybrids.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He's not. The movie shows some of their 42 children and they are all these mouse/fly hybrids.
    I've seen it, and there's nothing uncomfortable about that, hybrid animal children aren't uncommon in children's shows. It's only uncomfortable if you think about it too much through an adult lens which is a weird thing to do.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I've seen it, and there's nothing uncomfortable about that, hybrid animal children aren't uncommon in children's shows. It's only uncomfortable if you think about it too much through an adult lens which is a weird thing to do.
    This movie is filled with content that's demographically inappropriate. The cheese shop is an obvious drug den and cheese itself treated like a drug. Acknowledging how chippendale is a term for a male stripper. I don't blame him for looking at it that way